Columbus Blue Jackets to Use Third Jersey Logo in 2008

TruColor

From the Columbus Dispatch:

Columbus Dispatch

Jerseys will get different logo next season

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Blue Jackets? third-jersey logo ? an Ohio flag swirled around a star ? will replace the "CBJ" logo on the club?s home and away jerseys for the 2007-08 season, team president and general manager Doug MacLean said yesterday.

"We?ll unveil them at some point during the offseason," MacLean said.

The NHL?s 30 teams will begin wearing a lighter, sleeker and more durable jersey next season, which prompted the Blue Jackets? changes. The concept will be unveiled during All-Star activities in Dallas.

The Blue Jackets? new look will include Civil War cap emblems on the shoulders. The lettering and number fonts are expected to remain the same. The shoulders will not be black, as they are on the current third jersey, nor will there be a "lace-up" look under the chin.

? Aaron Portzline

...just noticed that this was covered already in the 2007 NHL Jerseys thread...

Sorry!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is good news to a point. I love that logo but they should include the civil war cap logo. I asume that they will be creating a new alt logo as they will now be stuck with only one but they also may become like the Habs, Devils, Wings, and Blues and have no alt logo. The only difference being the the other teams have alot more history than the Jackets. Overall I am please but also frustrated at RBK. If the players want new jerseys then give them new jerseys. Its not RBK playing the game its the players. Making the jerseys skin tight wont help ass you are not allowed to clutch and grab now anyway. With that said I guess there is nothing we can do.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Wonder if they'll keep the subtle horizontal striping across the chest. The flag/star and Union cap logos outclass the original CBJ and lightning bug logos by miles, so I'm thrilled to see this change.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Save the bug! (j.k)

But seriously, the CBJ logo was too, ah, reminiscent of Japanese baseball teams. There could have been interesting uses of the green bug (an Orlando Thunder-esque jersey?) I do like the Ohio flag, though.

So let's recap teams we KNOW are changing their look next season:

Dallas

Columbus

Toronto

Anyone else so far?

You can add Pittsburgh, and Calgary to that list. All of which are just removing individual logos. I don't know if it is common knowledge yet so If I can get approval from Chris to post the changes I will. I am reviewing the list of changes and I don't see Dallas on there at all.

Not to mention that Boston, Ottawa, San Jose, Washington, Vancouver, and Tampa are all getting new identities.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

I, for one, am kind of upset by this. I loved the bug logo/electric green. In fact, I have a practice jersey with just the bughead on it. I'm one of few who really hate the Columbus 3rd jersey because of its use of black and navy. Plus, I just think the CBJ logo's a better fit for a crest.

From the Columbus Dispatch:

Columbus Dispatch

Jerseys will get different logo next season

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Blue Jackets? third-jersey logo ? an Ohio flag swirled around a star ? will replace the "CBJ" logo on the club?s home and away jerseys for the 2007-08 season, team president and general manager Doug MacLean said yesterday.

"We?ll unveil them at some point during the offseason," MacLean said.

The NHL?s 30 teams will begin wearing a lighter, sleeker and more durable jersey next season, which prompted the Blue Jackets? changes. The concept will be unveiled during All-Star activities in Dallas.

The Blue Jackets? new look will include Civil War cap emblems on the shoulders. The lettering and number fonts are expected to remain the same. The shoulders will not be black, as they are on the current third jersey, nor will there be a "lace-up" look under the chin.

? Aaron Portzline

...just noticed that this was covered already in the 2007 NHL Jerseys thread...

Sorry!

About time. Of the numerous logos they've had in their brief existence, that flag/star was probably the best.

Much better than that stupid bug that was phased out a few years back. And the CB logo just looked awkward.

I had always know Boston to get a new uniform .

I don't like this one bit... :mad:

Dallas

Columbus

Toronto

Anyone else so far?

You can add Pittsburgh, and Calgary to that list. All of which are just removing individual logos. I don't know if it is common knowledge yet so If I can get approval from Chris to post the changes I will. I am reviewing the list of changes and I don't see Dallas on there at all.

Not to mention that Boston, Ottawa, San Jose, Washington, Vancouver, and Tampa are all getting new identities.

By removing individual logos..what do you mean? With respect to new identities, do you mean new logos/colors, etc?

Dallas

Columbus

Toronto

Anyone else so far?

By removing individual logos..what do you mean? With respect to new identities, do you mean new logos/colors, etc?

My guess is that this means that they are getting rid of secondary or tertiary logos. It would make a lot of sense for the Pens to finally mothball the RoboPenguin from the shoulders, and for Calgary to dispatch the flaming horse skull.

Dallas

Columbus

Toronto

Anyone else so far?

I don't know what you know, but do you know anything about the Blues?

I figure the logo will stay, but I heard from one of the Blues best insiders that the Blues President John Davidson approved the Blues new uniforms, but he was just making the point that all teams had to have uniforms approved, RBK couldn't just do whatever. So I couldn't determine if he meant the Blues were getting new uniforms or just adapting their current ones to the new fit.

Do you know?

Dallas

Columbus

Toronto

Anyone else so far?

We know that all the teams are re-designer for the new template.

If you mean the actual logos and that, do you have a source to back this up?

This is good news. The CBJ is lame, the bug was really lame attempt to maket to children. The flag/star log is great, as is the Union cap. Wise choices by the Jackets.

Too bad they are coming on the newer style of jerseys and not the classic "hockey sweater" look.

Where were they reported? I don't recall anyone mentioning anything about those teams changing, though there is a persistant rumor that Boston's new set will be sort of like their current vintage set. (And the Canucks new set, if it is even true, better not be those stupid "stick-on-rink" jerseys.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived