Wild To Ditch Green Jerseys

Brendan

I can't say much that has not already been said (except I am pissed because my Wild jersey will now be outdated).

I love that jersey and HATE the alt. I don't understand why the alt is so popular.

And I agree with the two above points that a) The Wild should be green (a la the North Stars) and B) There is a need for more green, not more red.

I hope the logo is not hidden in a circle.

This sucks.

Amen. I love the green jersey, the red one looks, as someone else said, like they're trying to be old school. Also, you're right on the logo being hidden in the circle. I'm not a fan of this move at all. :mad:

qvAvG.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so if it has been mentioned already i couldnt find anything

here the Link

this sucks, the green jersey is one of my favorite jerseys and the reds are one of my least favorites. hopefully they will bring back the green jerseys later

I've never been a fan of the Wild's head to toe green look, so personally I'm glad to see it gone for next year at least. I seem to recall reading that there are no 3rd jerseys next year, though I imagine 3rds will be back year after next. Perhaps you'll get the green back in a couple of years.

Halleluah! The Wild's green jersey is the single worst jersey ever in the history of the NHL. Worse than Wild Wing, worse than Burger King, worst than the failed Blues Trumpet jerseys, worse than the Flying V. While all those jerseys I mentioned were bad, they were at least presentable with any other clothing accompanying it. The Wild's green jerseys looked good with exactly no other clothing whatsoever.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Its a little ugly, but I can't imagine how anyone but you shares this opinion.

Worse than the trumpet jersey? With that logo??

You so crazy.

Actually, I'm with RC on this one.

That jersey sucks.

White is in your scheme Minny. USE IT!

That jersey looks bland on the ice and it looks awful on fans. GET. IT. OUTTA. HERE.

i'm not ready to put the green wild jersey in the buffaslug/wild wing/burger king/trumpet jersey category, but i'm not a big fan of the green jerseys. The white version looks good but the green one looks a bit monochromatic for my tastes. I personally like the red jersey, not enough to buy a replica or see it as a primary but i do like the jersey and don't understand the hate for it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'd like to see em use cream more, honestly. A cream "white" jersey would do nicely IMO. There aren't enough off-white jerseys in hockey, ya know? B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Wild's green sweater reminded me of something that was taken off the scrap heap of leftover East Germany sports uniforms. Yeah, I'm that old that I remember when Germany was East and West. The East always had bizarre looking green and red uniforms for their Olympic teams.

I like the throwback aspect of the Wild's red.

To be honest, I wish Minnesota was green and yellow from back in the North Stars days. The green North Stars sweater was one of the best in the NHL.

Being an old fart, I love the old school scheme of the red, third jerseys. But as a nod to Minnesota's past, maybe they could just swap the red for green throughout. I haven't had time to prep a mock-up so I have no idea what it would look like -- just a thought...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Considering that the wild is one of 2 teams that uses green the other one being dallas who formerlly played there. (and only one other team in NHL history that being the toronto st. pats) and that green represents the wild....it it pretty retarted. But thats only my opinion.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

This sucks. All three of Minnesota's jerseys are great, but they're great for what they are. The green and whites are some of the best jerseys in NHL history, and as home and road sweaters they rule.

The red jersey is also very good but, for the Wild, it really only works as an alternate.

Technically they'll still have two solid jerseys if they ditch the green, but the "balance" their current set has will be lost.

this is another example of how the third jersey in the NHL is killing consistency between home and road uniforms. Minnesota now joins Ottawa, and Atlanta as teams whose home and road unifomrs don't match because they thought a third jersey was cooler.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Being an old fart, I love the old school scheme of the red, third jerseys. But as a nod to Minnesota's past, maybe they could just swap the red for green throughout. I haven't had time to prep a mock-up so I have no idea what it would look like -- just a thought...

I agree

wildgreen.jpg

Would look much better as a full-time jersey. The red is just too much red.

or even moreso something like:

wildgreen2.jpg

With red just as an accent and stick with the Green and Cream.

[ncognito' date=Thursday, January 25th, 2007 - 14:24:45' post='686355]

I agree

wildgreen.jpg

wildgreen2.jpg

wow, those both look pretty good.

qvAvG.jpg

[ncognito' date=Thursday, January 25th, 2007 - 14:24:45' post='686355]

I agree

wildgreen.jpg

wildgreen2.jpg

wow, those both look pretty good.

Yeah, those are both great... Just be sure to put a red outline on the numbers on the back, and you've got a winner there... Perhaps you need to be e-mailing those photos to the Wild front office right now...

Moose

Archived