Description of Dallas Stars new unis

KrazyHorse

Here is a quote from Mike Heika, the beat writer for the Stars from the Dallas Morning News...

"From what I've heard, they are very simple and basic. The white one has black striping with green in the letters and the old logo. The black ones have "DALLAS" in a semicircle across the front. Both have numbers on the front (I don't like that much) ? the whites with the number on the shoulder and the black with the number underneath the "DALLAS." The striping is traditional around the arms and on the bottom of the sweater."

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming by the "classic logo" they mean what they currently have. I'm curious of the whole Dallas in a semicircle. Is it just going to have "Dallas" on the chest? I'm not sure that I like that. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

sounds collegiate, like Boston University.

My thoughts exactly, this might work. I'd like to see teams try new things with these new Edge unis, and after hearing this, it may happen.

Here's to the Lightning going with one white jersey and one blue jersey.

Both have numbers on the front (I don't like that much)

i don't neither

WE've got to get used to these numbers on the fronts.

Alot of the new sweaters will have them.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I've always thought Dallas should just use their stylized star on the front without the word "Stars" above it, or anything else for that matter. The star itself is a pretty strong logo and dosen't need explaining. Clean and simple logos work the best for me.

They could do a stylized Star with the number in the star.

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

i don't like the sounds of this, as others have said it sounds a bit like a basketball uni! :wacko:

Or it sounds like many old-time minor league jerseys that carried the arched name above a number. In some ways, I've been waiting for this "classic" look to start showing up again.

I'll wait before passing judgement.

It does sound like the numbers on the front are going to be more prevalent.

I don't like the sounds of that black sweater, and I really don't like the idea that Dallas is going away from the green base back to the black. Their green sweaters recently were the best they've had.

Archived