Sharks wear white at home

ElwoodCuse

The Sharks wore white at home on Tuesday night against Anaheim. Any ideas why? Is it because they play again Wednesday night in Anaheim?

usually that will happen when the road team was forced to (or accidentally?) packed their home colours for the road trip... did anaheim play another team on this trip who was wearing white uniforms at home?

just a shot

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Nope, haven't seen the Pens do it in two plus years.

The last time they did it was against Detroit a couple years ago (the season before the lockout, I think). Detroit was just coming off a game in Montreal where the Habs wore those white vintage jerseys, so they had to bring the red jerseys on the trip.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I had to do a double take while watching the game thinking Anahiem was at home. I've noticed over the years that teams will flip flop what jerseys they normally wear at home and road when playing a true home and home (back to back nights). I think they do it just for a change.

Tonight the Ducks are now wearing the white at home...

CAMA10202080358.jpg

Anaheim Ducks right wing George Parros, left, and San Jose Sharks right wing Scott Parker fight in the first period of an NHL hockey game in Anaheim, Calif., Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2007. (AP Photo/Mark Avery)

teams will wear their white at home on very few occasions. i know the flames wore their black third jersey only a couple times last year, because they had to as it was still an official jersey, and i believe it was only on the road.

the oilers have not worn white at home since the rule change, with the exception being the heritage classic.

as for the rule itself, i am finally used to it and i hope it doesn't revert back to white at home for next season.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived