South Carolina Signs With Under Armor

tron1013

As a student, I'm excited about all of this. Our recruiting class this year ranks among the elite in the country, a great deal of our best players are coming back (Sidney Rice the notable exception), and the new uniforms should be a nice update for our team, which I really think has needed one. I like our current set, but they're not really exciting. Plus, signing with UA means no Nike, and that's ALWAYS a plus.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

i'd like to see a concept of what they may look like. some of the players have said the sketches they saw were Texas Tech-ish looking jerseys with a little bit of Louisville. I just hope it isn't too crazy because I love our color scheme and if they use the RIGHT garnet then we can have some really good-looking uniforms.

i'd like to see a concept of what they may look like. some of the players have said the sketches they saw were Texas Tech-ish looking jerseys with a little bit of Louisville. I just hope it isn't too crazy because I love our color scheme and if they use the RIGHT garnet then we can have some really good-looking uniforms.

What is the RIGHT garnet? (got a picture?) My wife is a SC fan and would be very disappointed to see a bad-looking uniform... :grin:

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Let's hope the Gamecock's marketing campain is better than Allbarn's..........

455axjk.jpg

I lol'd

But yeah, someone said it would be a mix of Texas Tech and Louisville??? That's an odd combo, I guess the striping's gonna be over the shoulders, but the pant stripes will be like that of TTU or Maryland's maybe.

I'd love to see it, though. I'm a huge fan of Texas Tech's uniforms. They do piping the right way, IMO.

I currently attend USC; I'm a big fan of UnderArmour gear, but I hope they don't butcher Carolina's uniforms so bad. I wish we would do what Auburn did, and just go with the current unis, with the UA logo and material added. If they spiced up what we have now, I'd be very happy.

But, I was happy with what Russell was doing here. I had a game-issued alternate jersey (before I sold it on the 'bay), and the material was pretty nice. No spandex side panels, the mesh did all the work in staying close to the jersey. The thick heat-sealed numbers and letters were also really nice.

I'll be saving up the dough for all of this UA gear next season (but cashing in on all the cheap Russell gear now!). And as long as they bring back the alternate black jersey, I'll also be happy.

As a student, I'm excited about all of this. Our recruiting class this year ranks among the elite in the country, a great deal of our best players are coming back (Sidney Rice the notable exception), and the new uniforms should be a nice update for our team, which I really think has needed one. I like our current set, but they're not really exciting. Plus, signing with UA means no Nike, and that's ALWAYS a plus.

Don't get too excited...UnderArmour stuff is expensive as crap- Just ask any AU fan...

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

I think most of the former Russel Schools will eventually switch to Under Armour. When Auburn switched there was talks of UnderArmour wanting to outfit at least one school in every conference.

SEC:

Auburn

South Carolina

ACC:

Maryland

Big XII:

Texas Tech

As for the others?

Pac 10:

Washington State is Russell School but Russell seems desperate to keep them (they designed an extra set of unis for them this past year)

Big East:

The easiest to get would be South Florida. All the other schools have pretty strong ties to Nike and their basketball teams.

Big 10:

These will be the toughest. I think all these schools pretty much have their apparel providers locked down. Maybe an Adidas school? (Indiana or Wisconsin)

CUSA:

Who knows? UAB maybe or UTEP. I'm unsure about what school wears what.

MAC:

Toledo (rumored above)

Central Michigan (if the New Balance deal doesn't work out)

Mountain West:

Again, unknown.

you get the picture.

Archived