Spring Training Photos - New Hats and Jerseys

DGivens87

I must say I am dissapointed. The MLB put their money up for these??? What was wrong with the simple bp sets we've had for several years now? Next thing you know, all 30 teams will have advertisements on their uniforms like nascar.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27942477.jpg

(baltimoresun.com)

Hayden Penn sporting the 'stache... Good God, the hats are just heinous.

27945431.jpg

Here's a good shot of those jerseys.

By the way, saw the shot of the O's spring training locker room... everyone had white CoolBase jerseys hanging in their locker. It may just be a Spring Training thing, but the O's were pretty consistent about wearing the double knits all season last year.

The Nats do not have the 3 color number on the BP jerseys. They are white with a red outline. There are pictures on washingtompost.com, but you have to register to view articles. There is a good video of first year manager Acta going around talking to the players. There are good views of the new jersey and hat.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7021501569.html

The Nats do not have the 3 color number on the BP jerseys. They are white with a red outline. There are pictures on washingtompost.com, but you have to register to view articles. There is a good video of first year manager Acta going around talking to the players. There are good views of the new jersey and hat.

PH2007021502043.jpg

That looks so much better. :D

I bought a Giants one the other day. Its definately head and shoulders over last years model even with the drawback of the side panel. I can accually wear it out in public without worrying about looking like a complete idiot like i did in the previous two styles of BP cap. Plus that, and its comfortable.

What was it about last year's model that you found objectionable?

New York Yankees

capt.flrb10602151825.yankees_spring_baseball_flrb106.jpg

I could have sworn I heard one or 50 Yankee fans saying, "They'll never wear those caps" or "They won't wear those jerseys with the panels".

Maybe, just maybe, the Yankees have to play by the rules too and wear this stuff like everyone else.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

PH2007021502043.jpg

That looks so much better. :D

I bought a Giants one the other day. Its definately head and shoulders over last years model even with the drawback of the side panel. I can accually wear it out in public without worrying about looking like a complete idiot like i did in the previous two styles of BP cap. Plus that, and its comfortable.

What was it about last year's model that you found objectionable?

Apparantly the Nationals' player in the photo was so excited by the new uniforms he needed to take in a leak in the conference room.

Maybe, just maybe, the Yankees have to play by the rules too and wear this stuff like everyone else.

:blink: Where did that come from?

Just channelling my inner disdain for the elitist Yankee fans. I was just thinking about all the comments in the other BP Cap/Jersey thread that were Yankees fans doing everything short of bragging that their team wouldn't have to wear the new stuff and they were above that.

Any confirmation on the numbers being heat-press like Lukas alluded to yesterday, or are they twill? They look like they could be heat-pressed in that Acta pic, but it's too hard to tell.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

They wouldn't say so publicly, but Braves players and staff members gave unfavorable reviews to new batting practice jerseys and caps. Red and white swaths were added to the navy blue jerseys, and a red satin accent was added to each side of the blue caps. The caps were particularly unappealing to some Braves, including one who said it created the appearance of wearing a skull cap under the cap.

-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

(via cnnsi.com)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Just channelling my inner disdain for the elitist Yankee fans. I was just thinking about all the comments in the other BP Cap/Jersey thread that were Yankees fans doing everything short of bragging that their team wouldn't have to wear the new stuff and they were above that.

I think every team will wear these in practice. I wonder whether the Yankees will wear them for Spring Training games. In years past, the Yankees have worn pinstripes even for ST games... I think that's more where that comes from.

:blink: Where did that come from?

Ah, now I understand.

Projecting. :P

Archived