Rockies vs Arizona last night

roxfan00

Both teams wearing their alts....Rockies in the purple and the D-Backs with the red.

capt.aa4ca7c418204107a9fbffd309db4ca9.diamondbacks_rockies_baseball_dxf119.jpg

fullj.getty-73394609dp019_arizona_diamo_12_41_32_am.jpg

fullj.getty-73394609dp007_arizona_diamo_10_10_47_pm.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize in advance for stating the obvious, but that team looks just like the Astros.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Not really a fan of baseball here, but I always thought the game was too "bland." There never seemed to be enough color. White homes, gray aways. It was just... to me... I don't know, plain and boring. It's kind of nice to see MLB breaking the colors barrier a little bit here.

I saw the highlights of this game on ESPNews & thought it just looked odd with both in alts. I like them both individually, but two at a time is just too much I guess.

It made me wonder though, when was the first time this was allowed in MLB? I can't remember, probably because it isn't an issue here in StL. I also noticed the same situation in the thread about the Angels' new alts; one photo showed them with the Rangers also in alts.

I saw the highlights of this game on ESPNews & thought it just looked odd with both in alts. I like them both individually, but two at a time is just too much I guess.

There was a game last year (Twins vs Indians???) where both teams were in navy blue alts.

I don't like this trend at all. It looks too "park league" to me. It is like going to an NBA game and having them play shirts vs. skins.

I am certain to be in the extremely small minority here but I think those Rockies uniforms look great.

Append "... compared to the alt uniforms they've been wearing most the time the last several years," to the end of that sentence, and I'm in full agreement.

20082614447.png

Perfect example of a team that looks great because of their color (Rockies) and a team that used to look great but now looks awful.

Great comparison! Go Rockies! Go Purple!

The D-Backs number stands out with the sand color, but the name in black is impossible to read.

It's kind of nice to see MLB breaking the colors barrier a little bit here.

I agree completely

BTW I love the new D-Backs duds, the red one is okay (yeah, it does look like the Astros) but the white one is great. And there 'db' logo is awesome too...

I agree completely

BTW I love the new D-Backs duds, the red one is okay (yeah, it does look like the Astros) but the white one is great. And there 'db' logo is awesome too...

Yeah, the db logo is very good, it actually looks like a snake.

I would love to see how would the new logos and fonts look on purple.

So that's Jackie Robinson's lasting legacy? Clashing uniform colors on the field?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So that's Jackie Robinson's lasting legacy? Clashing uniform colors on the field?

Stop beating me to jokes.

Archived