New Rangers Jersey: Need Player for it

SouthSidePride

I just got a great deal on a New York Rangers jersey, a team I am not a huge fan of, but have always wanted one of their jerseys. Growing up in Chicago where hockey hasn't been important since '92, I am not a database of knowledge in the sport. The jersey is the Broadway Blue version and I am up for pretty much any name. Obviously I have thought of Richter, Gretzky, and Messier and only Richter tickles my fancy. My last name is Kurtenbach, Orland Kurtenbach would be a cool name to get, but I want to save him for the Canucks jersey I will inevitably get. So, I was wondering if there is any awesome player I have overlooked that should adorn the back of my new awesome sweater, and put in a shameless plug for the place that I should buy from.

Thanks in Advance.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Growing up in Chicago where NHL hockey hasn't been important since '92

There, fixed that for ya. :D

And I say put "Leetch" and a big ol' number 2 on that badboy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know I already suggested Barnaby, but I definitely think Beukeboom is a great idea. This is especially true if you're not that big of a fan of the team, and it appears you aren't.

Otherwise, Messier remains a good, if not obvious choice.

Might I also suggest Petr Nedved? The Rangers didn't have any great success with the late 90s/early 2000s "Czech Line," but I remember Nedved bringing a lot of energy to the club.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Beukeboom is a Garden hero and has a great name for a defenseman (and the back off a jersey...boom).

If you feel like hitching onto a rising fan favorite, go with the Rochester Rocket, Ryan Callahan. (#43) Homegrown prospect with all kinds of scoring ability and plays one of the most aggressive, tenacious games I've ever seen. Having himself a hell of a postseason after barely getting a shot with the big club during the regular season.

msg-117798227822.jpg

Archived