ESPN is at it again

Telemundo219

ESPN has written an article comparing how how Blacks and Whites feel about Bonds breaking the HR Record, taking steroids, reasoning of why people think the way they do about Bonds putting young against old and more interestingly Black vs. White (like the last post, please no racism).

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2861930

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:bonk::cursing:

THIS JUST IN:

If you hate Barry Bonds and don't want to see him break Hank Aaron's record you are a RACIST!.

Polls that showed Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods popular among whites was a fantasy. Barry is being judged unfairly because he is black.

Sigh

ICS DON'T READ The following:

I dont know about you but I hate Barry Bonds because he's a self-centered prick :censored: who thinks who the :censored: he is and thinks his shot don't stink even though he has taken more :censored:ing steroids then the entire membership of the CCSL combined, and while doing so has pissed off team mates treated fans and those same team mates like :censored:. Oh yeah he is in love with himself, and the only one whop loves himself more then him is ESPN who says he is the best ever, well he cant carry Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, and Mickey Mantle's :censored:ing Jockstraps. Let alone Hank Aaron. It wont be a good day for baseball when he breaks the record it will forever taint the record, oh well maybe one day Barry will have the record, and nothing else because he will never get a :censored:ing ring, and hopefully they will freeze him out of the Hall too.

Is that a valid reason to hate Barry

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

:bonk::cursing:

THIS JUST IN:

If you hate Barry Bonds and don't want to see him break Hank Aaron's record you are a RACIST!.

That's a pretty big leap from "There's a racial divide relative to Bonds' record chase." Sounds like someone has a guilty conscience...

These purported racists are aware that a black guy already holds this record that they allegedly don't want this other black guy to break, right?

Nope that would hurt their story's credibility

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think I discovered the problem:

The ESPN/ABC News poll was conducted by telephone March 29-April 22, 2007, among a random national sample of 799 NBA referees, including an oversample of 203 African-Americans. The results have a 3.5-point error margin among all respondents, seven points among blacks.

:P

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

These purported racists are aware that a black guy already holds this record that they allegedly don't want this other black guy to break, right?

Nope that would hurt their story's credibility

I just saw this and thought the same thing. Nobody is saying that Babe Ruth should be home run king. Everybody wants Hank Aaron to be the man that holds the records. How can that possibly be racist if you want someone that is black to hold the record over someone else that is black. Just like the racist NBA refs, people are just looking to create a story.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

As some one else before me just said... "THIS JUST IN"!!!! the rest is my words!

Hank Aaron is AFRICAN AMERICAN too!!!

For those that don't know, Henry Aaron, or Hank as he is known is an African American that played baseball for the Milwaukee and Atlanta Braves. He hit very many Home Runs while a member of the Braves' organization. He broke the record in Atlanta and set it, back in Milwaukee as a member of the Brewers' orginization. George Herman "Babe" Ruth held the record for a long time before Aaron broke it. As far as race is concerned, there was MORE controversy back then than there is today! A LOT of whites were adament about Ruth's record staying intact. But, most of those whites weren't as phased once they learned how good a guy Aaron was back then.

As you see by my signature, I am a kinda biased Aaron fan. But for the rest of baseball, and the fans that support it, Aaron is as PURE as it gets! The issue today should not be RACE, yet PURITY of the game! Ruth hit quite a few if his Homers hungover, smoke filled after chomping on a cigar or 2 or 3... He wasn't exactly the athlete in today's sense. Aaron had SO MANY racial boundaries to overcome, this AFTER Jackie Robinson broke the barrier as well. Hank was a Baseball player and hit many home runs.

Barry Bonds has a lot of controversy surrounding him. From the isolated locker to the enhancments that he may or may not have put in him...

Hank doesn't wan't to be associated with Barry cause of the controversy.

I am white! I hope Barry DOES NOT break Henry's record. It is because Hank is an AWESOME HUMAN BEING!!!! And Barry just wants to be BARRY!!!! It's not cause of race, it's cause of personality!

I KNOW that Mr. Bonds is GOING to break it this year, but I won't be cheering!!! He was a great ballplayer, but he got involved in something he shouldn't have.

Kyle

packchampionslfroh.png

thinks his shot don't stink

ha

even though he has taken more :censored:ing steroids then the entire membership of the CCSL combined

I don't know, man. I heard DEAD! uses illegal post-enhancing drugs.

Yes, I admit I use this to pad my posts:

20040203-spam.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

Can't they get off the black/white kick? more nonsense to create more racial division than there needs to be. there again this type of nonsense is nothing new, its from the same parent corporation that owns ESPN, ABC and Disney and god knows what else. Barry Bonds to me is a who cares situation. My life don't change just because he breaks Hank Aaron's HR record. if and when he does then good for him, lets cheer him on and move on. I'm tired of these race mongers trying to make everything about race whether or not blacks or whites want him to break it or not. I do have a sneaky suspicion that whom ever is publishing these last couple of race based stories has a serious race problem. there again this is abc/disney/espn so i expect it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Can this "scientific poll" get thrown in the crapper like that NBA ref one did?

I mean please, all this does is get everyone riled up and I don't see why these "journalists" always want to make waves.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I don't want Barry Bonds to break Aaron's record because IMO it's very clear that he's cheating. It has nothing to do with him being black, it has to do with him coming by the record dishonestly. I don't care what colour you are, if you break the home run record because of your skill as a ballplayer, I'll root for you. If you cheat, you're a scumbag.

I don't even care if he's an :censored:hole. Sometimes you need to be one, for whatever reason. I don't like him because he's a cheater.

I wish I could find the op-ed that claims the USA has finally realized Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's dream that "[his] four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." He asserts this has come to pass mainly because Hank Aaron received death threats while chasing the HR record because of his skin color, but Barry Bonds is receiving death threats because he's a d-bag.

It was a great read. Wish I could find it, though.

Didn't read this the whole way through (and...ugh...I feel so dirty linking to townhall.com), but is this it? http://www.townhall.com/columnists/GeorgeW...p;Comments=true

It's a George Will piece. He loves baseball and, although a Post columnist, his work often appears across the country.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived