First look at 2007-2008 UM Hurricanes jerseys.

Steve03Merc

These are the best jerseys they've worn since they switched from their "classic" unis. I may even cop one of these and I'm not even a Canes fan.

Although a big part of my love for these jerseys is the fact that I'm happy to see ANYONE still using sleeve numbers.

Truth be told, I think this is the cleanest looking set the Canes have had in a very long time. The bibs were beyond terrible. This is a strong step in the right direction. And again, do not forget that Miami is a prototype school for Nike. This is not as bad a trend as previous ones we have seen.

ducks-large.jpg

I'm actually kinda feeling these Miami jerseys for the first time in the Nike-Prototype era. They look very clean compared to most modern Nike designs, and the piping here fits with the "U" motif. While they're nothing near the level of Nike's 2006 World Cup production, they sure aren't the car wreck we saw with Oregon's "piss yellow-puke green." I'll have to see them in action before I pass any more judgment.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

you can pretty clearly see where Oregon State's jerseys go too - you can see where the fabrics change, and can tell where OSU's would be orange on the jersey's body color. Interesting difference in templates for the one jersey style, I do like this a lot better and wished State U would have used those instead of the bros they have now. Ah well, I can't talk much being in Eugene and all, though....

harperdc.gif

I don't know why so many people waste their time bitching about what Nike does to Miami or Oregon especially...we all know they are the lab rats for Nike, can we just get over it already? This set is much less radical compared to what we have seen the past couple years from Miami, so it seems like it would satisfy the Nike-haters. As far as piping goes, it is here and gonna be around for awhile it seems like- I think it adds nice touches to lots of uniforms in subtle ways.

"what does 'IPB' in 'IPB Image' stand for?"

- Invision Power Board

Use that ugly striping as the collar color, add a colored cuff, put the numbers on the shoulders and maybe put "U" or the new hurricane on the bicep/sleeve or something and we'd have a winner.

KISSwall09.jpg

If you took the U off the collar I'd like these. Something about that just doesn't work for me.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I like it. The piping makes sense, and it's actually clean and not busy as hell like the schools in Oregon and pretty much every other design they've had in college football. Good work by Nike.

Archived