Cleveland Cavaliers Uniform Concept

-(dp)-

Watching the game last night, I got an idea. After seeing a fan with the orange throwback, I liked how they used the V as a basketball hoop, with a ball going through it. They used a ball going through a basket for about 20 years, until their most recent change. I also noticed that the top of the C in their current wordmark curves down almost right into the v. Perfect place for a ball going into the basket if I changed the shape of the C just a little bit. I tried it, to both the CAVALIERS and CLEVELAND wordmarks, and also added a third CAVS wordmark. Then I added a second outline to the wordmark and made both outlines thicker than the current outline.

On to the jerseys. Somebody on here currently did a concept with the white jersey in the style of the Navy alt. that they have been wearing. It looked pretty good, and now you have seen that, so I tried something different. I made the rectangle pattern going down the thicker shorts stripe, and left a solid line on each side of it. The rectangle pattern was taken off from the collar and armholes. I made the navy one the primary away, because it seems that is what they are leaning towards anyway. I made a red alternate, with the CAVS wordmark, and tried a different style, because people seem to like alts that aren't just a recolor of the home and away. The rectangle pattern is now only on the collar and armholes of the jersey. There are no side stripes, and the pattern is only on the waistband and legholes of the shorts. Let me know what you guys think.

CavsWordmarks.png

CavsUniforms.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

nice updates here, I especially love the throwback to the orange jerseys with the V being a hoop. The homes' wordmark is a little hard to read, maybe make it the blue one, see how that looks. I love the pant stripes and everything else though, great job.

I love the Updates to the Wordmark!

The jerseys are alright. I don't really like blue as the dominant color of "The Wine & Gold/Cavaliers." But if they were to <b>officially</b> go with blue as the dominant color, this would deffinitely work.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

the ball through the hoop has always been a pretty gimmicky concept, so i would not want them to go back to it, but these do look really nice.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Navy is the new black in the NBA, so I would stray away from that by making the away red and reading Cleveland and by making the alt blue reading Cavs. I would also shed the basketball. It is very gimmicky, and f's up the "Cavalier"-y feel of the font that they have finally nailed.

I don't know if I like bringing back the V/ball-through-hoop logo at the expense of the current logo. The current logo has at least a small reference to the franchise's name, while the ball-through-hoop motif is just as generic as the Canucks' rink/stick logo or the Brewers ball-in-glove logo.

I see you kept the sword/C alternate mark, and that's good, but I still feel the sword motif is being pushed aside to make room for the ball-through-hoop look.

I do like the homage to the classic uniforms in the striping through, your jersey design is simple, but unique. With the current wordmarks these would be near perfect.

Love the wordmarks and the updated uni sets. It all falls into place very well. I like the ball in the hoop for the Alt set, but not for all three. Otherwise, an uber-top notch concept.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

isn't the bottom of the C in Cleveland supposed to be longer than the bottom of the C in Cavaliers? it looks better because of the S swooping back, it makes it feel more balanced. That being said, I like the idea, i like the execution, and I like the new jerseys. These jerseys wouldn't really work if my Wizards Concept was to be used in the NBA also, but thats no matter. The jerseys are a great way to incorporate the old school look they have on their alt into a modern look that they could wear every game. The wordmark is too hard to read on the home jersey, the navy one might work better, but that might still have the same problem, maybe try throwing a white outline outside the wine letters, then a navy one? (navy outline, white outline, wine letter, white outline, navy outline) I like the 'Cavs' you threw on the third jersey, along with the striped trim, that makes for a pretty good looking alternate. just for the record, i don't think the ball in the V is gimmicky anymore, its paying homage to a gimmicky history.

I love the wordmarks, but the jerseys look kinda empty. Try moving the wordmark down a little and/or slightly enlarging the front numbers. On the alternate, try putting in a blue side stripe that resembles a sword blade and tails off about 3/4 of the way down.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I absolutely love this logo! It retains the "new era" look of the Cavs while hearkening back to an old era. Someone else mentioned liking the sword because it actually resembled the new logo, and I agree to a certain extent. But I think the poster did a good job in that he retained the alternate 'C' logo on the shorts with the sword going through it to retain a little of that.

But overall, spectacular job!

Well, I haven't had a lot of time, but I made a few changes. I am not going to be able to make everyone happy because everyone has different taste in uniforms, but I will try my best. Thanks for the comments so far, keep 'em coming.

CavsUniforms2.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived