MLB expansion/reallignment proposal

Youppi!

This is my idea for major league baseball expansion to 32 teams and realligning them into 8 4 team divisions. it includes tampa bay moving to the national league, allows for florida to move to a place like charlotte or nashville or new orleans, moves the rockies and brewers to the american league, cuts down on texas' travel mileage, and expands to montreal and either vancouver, portland, or las vegas.

AMERICAN LEAGUE

East

New York

Boston

Toronto

Baltimore

North

Chicago

Detroit

Milwaukee(nl)

Cleveland

Central

Kansas City

Minnesota

Colorado(nl)

Texas

West

Seattle

Por/LV/Van(exp)

Los Angeles

Oakland

NATIONAL LEAGUE

East

Montreal(exp)

New York

Philadelphia

Washington

South

Atlanta

Houston

Tampa Bay(al)

Florida(Char/Nsh/NO)

Central

St. Louis

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

West

Los Angeles

San Francisco

San Diego

Arizona

i left tampa bay where they are because they are tied to a bad lease in a bad stadium.

i have them paired so that the opening and closing series of the season should be between those teams, ex. bos/nyy

thoughts? insults? criticisms? suggestions?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. What a great idea.

Hey! While we're brainstorming here, I have an idea for a circular device capable of rotating on its axis, facilitating movement or transportation or performing labor in machines.

I think I call it... the wheel.

Move over Walt Whitman, you've got some company in the GRAVEYARD.

philly.png

I kind of agree. Put Milwaukee back in the American League, so that both leagues can have 15 teams.

Then have Montreal as the NL expansion franchise- could Bronftman's son be the owner? THE EXPOS ARE BACK!!!

AS far as the AL Expansion franchise, it should either go to Nashville- does the SixStrings sound like a great team name Because of Nashvile's country music heritage?- or Charlotte- does the Charlotte Thunder sound like a great name because of Charlotte's links to NASCAR racing?

Then have 4 teams per division, 4 divisions per league- East, Central, Midwest, West

Top two teams per division will make the playoffs. The seeds will be 1-8, like the NBA and NHL

First and Second Rounds will be best Three of out Five, with the LCS and WS will remain best Four out of Seven.

And other than the Brewers returning to the AL, there will be NO further realiginment!!!!!!

You, sir, should be smacked in the face with a mackerel.

[

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Here's an idea...

Find a way to level the field financially. Make all the teams work within the same financial limits. Add a salary cap as well as a salary minimum, i.e. you have to spend at least X dollars on payroll, and create a revenue sharing plan that works. Let's see if we can find a way to field 30 actual major league teams before we add two more AAA and a half teams to the 15-20 we already have.

BB52Big.jpg

Here's an idea...

Find a way to level the field financially. Make all the teams work within the same financial limits. Add a salary cap as well as a salary minimum, i.e. you have to spend at least X dollars on payroll, and create a revenue sharing plan that works. Let's see if we can find a way to field 30 actual major league teams before we add two more AAA and a half teams to the 15-20 we already have.

Unless the Players Union does something stupid and collapses like the Umpires' union, anything resembling a salary cap will not happen. The CBA is not in balance between the two sides.

AL East

Atlanta

Boston

Chicago WS

NY Yankees

Minnesota

AL Central

Chicago Cubs

Cleveland

Detroit

Milwaukee

Pittsburgh

AL Atlantic

Baltimore

Carolina (Barons)

Philadelphia

Toronto

Washington

NL East

Cincinnati

Florida

NY Mets

St. Louis

Texas

NL Central

Arizona

Colorado

Houston

LA Angels

San Diego

NL Pacific

LA Dodgers

Oakland

Portland (Beavers)

San Francisco

Seattle

Dropped: Kansas City, Tampa Bay

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

No 15 teams in each league.

No more teams in Montreal. They failed the first time. Would be the same the second time around

And for the love of G*d, no more creating new threads for MLB Realignment! I'm obsessed with it, but I don't create 2000 different threads to repeat myself and others.

Find an old one.

Look through it.

See your same idea.

Move on.

If anything there should be only THREE moves made if something needs to happen like this.

1. NO MORE EXPANSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leagues are already hurting because of it. Too many teams means NOT enough talent. Plus like Dark Journey said, the minors would be depleated and watered down as well. Not a good thing. It's already hard enough to find talent to field an entire orginization in baseball today. Relocation however, could be an option. But at this point it seems like MLB cities are gonna remain that way for a long time. Folks, baseball is BACK! Exception is Tampa, sorry Baysters and Rays fans.

2. If anything a team would have to fold.

Most notably and sorry Rays fans again, it would have to be Tampa Bay. Of all the teams today, they have poor attendance, a poor product on the field, and a bad stadium. A lease CAN be broken, see Browns, Cleveland; Braves, Boston/Milwaukee; Hornets, Charlotte, etc... In the event of that the Florida/Miami Marlins would be moved over to the AL, only makes sense.

3. Realignment is not necessary!!!

A few divions look kinda out of whack, so maybe, just maybe it would help out a bit. I'm not gonna post a REEL IN MINT here, but based on what I've said here, you can guess what would happen? If you can't, here's a hint... It involves Florida and Pittsburgh. And if you can't figure it out, just think about it ;)

Just my 1/50 of a dollar here.

Kyle

packchampionslfroh.png

NL East: ATL, FLA, NYM, PHI, WSH

NL Central: CHC, CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, STL

NL West: ARZ, COL, LAD, SD, SF

AL East: BAL, BOS, NYY, TB, TOR

AL Central: CWS, CLE, DET, KC, MIN

AL West: LAA, OAK, SEA, TEX

Perfection...... :D:P

Yeah, like that would ever happen. Dream on, dude.

^_^

Pffft. Yeah, that's so 1998, dude.

philly.png

Yeah, like that would ever happen. Dream on, dude.

^_^

Pffft. Yeah, that's so 1998, dude.

Like, totally.

Archived