2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Phoenix Coyotes. Management held a name the team contest, coyotes are/were fairly common in the desert south west United States.

Yeah -- we have lots of smugglers bringing in all the illegal immigrants from Mexico!

(For those of you not from around here, illegal immigrant smugglers are commonly known as "coyotes.")

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RWC's full set of photos from the first day of the prospects tournament can be found at http://www.redwingscentral.com/camps/2007-...pt07/index.html.

Looks like the Red Wings are wearing a new font for the players names on the jerseys

We. . .go. . .through. . .this. . .every. . .year. . .

The Red Wings wear that "special" font during pre-season only. They break out the vertical-arched names at the start of the regular season.

I will also take this opportunity to let you know that the highly-anticipated 2007-08 page on NHLUniforms.com will be posted on September 29th -- to coincide with the opening games of the NHL's regular season.

RWC's full set of photos from the first day of the prospects tournament can be found at http://www.redwingscentral.com/camps/2007-...pt07/index.html.

Looks like the Red Wings are wearing a new font for the players names on the jerseys

The Red Wings wear that "special" font during pre-season only. They break out the vertical-arched names at the start of the regular season.

Way to tell the guy whose name's been on this site for ten years.

Oh, and shrink that sig pic, slugger. Kthanxbye.

Way to tell the guy whose name's been on this site for ten years.

Oh, and shrink that sig pic, slugger. Kthanxbye.

I know... just doing my civic duty to establish these things to ensure they don't get out of hand later this preseason.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The Penguins arent called the Penguins because of PENsylvania. The owner's wife at the time named them the Penguins because they play at the Civic Arena, now the Mellon, which Pittsburghers call the Igloo, because of its Igloo shape. Once I saw that, I realized you must have filled in some serious gaps on your cute little list, making most of it false and a waste of my time for reading it. Im dissapointed. :mad::cursing:

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The Penguins arent called the Penguins because of PENsylvania. The owner's wife at the time named them the Penguins because they play at the Civic Arena, now the Mellon, which Pittsburghers call the Igloo, because of its Igloo shape. Once I saw that, I realized you must have filled in some serious gaps on your cute little list, making most of it false and a waste of my time for reading it. Im dissapointed. :mad::cursing:

That's cool for pointing that mistake out in such a calm and nice manor.

That's cool for pointing that mistake out in such a calm and nice manor.

I apologize, I did not get alot of sleep!

Winnipeg Jets Then owner Ben Hatskin asked his pal Sonny Werblin, then owner of the National Football League's New York Jets, for permission.

While that part may well be true, I remember reading that the inspiration for the name was Winnipeg's signing of "The Golden Jet" away from the NHL.

Source: Les Canadiens Magazine, Magazine #6: 1991-92 Season Postings on the Internet Newsgroup rec.sport.hockey Various history sections on official team sites.

I'm Glad You Can Read, too.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

Here's the true answer to how the Kings got their name and this is from the LA Kings website:

Cooke, a Canadian-born entrepreneur who made most of his fortune in various media investments, was driven to bring the sport he loved to the town where he already owned the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association. Wanting his new hockey club to take on an air of royalty, Cooke named his team the ?Kings? and was part of six new teams that would double the size of the NHL from the ?Original Six? franchises to 12 teams, starting with the 1967-68 season.

B. He bought an expansion WHL team named them the Bruins and gave them the exact same colour scheme as the Anaheim Ducks.

The Bruins name may have something to do with Boston, but I think it has more to do with Chilliwack attempting to draw a connection with the New Westminster Bruins.

<Blah blah blah>

Source: Les Canadiens Magazine, Magazine #6: 1991-92 Season Postings on the Internet Newsgroup rec.sport.hockey Various history sections on official team sites.

Was there a reason for posting this? Or did you just completely fail to understand the context of my post, which was talking about the Chilliwack Bruins of the WHL, the team part owned by Brian Burke?

B. He bought an expansion WHL team named them the Bruins and gave them the exact same colour scheme as the Anaheim Ducks.

The Bruins name may have something to do with Boston, but I think it has more to do with Chilliwack attempting to draw a connection with the New Westminster Bruins.

<*snip*>

Boston Bruins Businessman Charles Adams wanted his new franchise to have brown and yellow team colors to match his stores as well as a name equated with strength and power. A fan named the team in a contest.

<*snip*>

I'm not entirely certain what anything in this post has to do with:

1. this thread.

2. the Chilliwack Bruins of the WHL.

Also, I'm pretty certain Winnipeg took the name Jets as they were the birthplace of the Avro Arrow and are still the hub of Canadian Aeronautics. I don't think just being buddies with the owner of the NFL's New York Jets has anything to do with it.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Doesn't Winnipeg have a big aero industry and that's part of the reason for the name.

Why is it so hard for people to read before posting?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Doesn't Winnipeg have a big aero industry and that's part of the reason for the name.

Why is it so hard for people to read before posting?

Because it's an internet message board.

Archived