2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

toobad.jpg

I think this would make my Avs jerseys a million times better. Same goes for the home jerseys.

And if the blue and silver chest piping stopped at the same point where the burgundy side panels end, you'd really be on to something.

This edit illustrates that there was very little thought put into the new uniforms. The design team just slapped a logo on to an existing template and the end result is very generic.

The Avs have a recognizable stripe pattern that should have been translated to the new uniform.

DEATH TO REEBOK

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Leafs jerseys aren't bad. I saw the aways and they look better imo. They seem retro to me. As for the numbers its a white outline, on the white numbers ( does that sound rite ? ) and just the opposite for their aways.

4kv29i.jpg

So Pritch, I can't tell.. do you like the new Leafs jerseys? Your 57 one sentence posts saying the same thing since the sweaters were unveiled clearly isn't getting the point across....

I'm not suprised hardly anyone likes them, nobody likes anything. Ask yourselves, would you rather look like Nashville or what they unveiled? I'm sure none of you would say Nashville up there in Toronto. 80% of Leafs fans on this board demanded something traditional and not modern, that's exactly what you got, and now you strongly dislike it. Of course, opinions are opinions so I guess I'll take these posts with a grain of salt.

For the Avalanche, WTF. I was a huge Avalanche fan in the 90's and up until I fell out of Hockey interest only recently, but come on.. you have a distinctive look, so hey! Get rid of it! The away sweater isn't too bad, but the home is just down right hidious. Burgandy on Blue, with no distinctive color to seperate them? Boy that sure is gunna look muddy on TV.

As a Leafs fan (yes I know you directed this at Pritch) I'm personally relieved that they didn't wind up looking like Nashville or that putrid CBC mock up. That said, their unis already looked 'traditional' and maintaining the extra stripes and something on the shoulders would have been preferrable. I think the new Reebok changes come down to a lesser of evils. I'm relieved but unimpressed if that makes any sense. The Marlies actually look a bit better than their pro counterpart now.

zzPEfBm.png

*IMG REMOVED*

I think this would make my Avs jerseys a million times better. Same goes for the home jerseys.

And if the blue and silver chest piping stopped at the same point where the burgundy side panels end, you'd really be on to something.

This edit illustrates that there was very little thought put into the new uniforms. The design team just slapped a logo on to an existing template and the end result is very generic.

The Avs have a recognizable stripe pattern that should have been translated to the new uniform.

Really? You work for Reebok, were involved with the whole process, and know enough to post facts such as this one? That's fantastic, tell me more.

Didn't they tell everybody the jerseys would look practically the same, just using the new RBK materials? :lol:
They did, and like almost every other team they ****ing lied.

Well the do look "practically the same". Blue arms, burgundy base. In reality, to almost everyone except the people on this board they will look "practically the same". I think their definition of major change would be colours or logo or something.

My intuition tells me that the Leafs new jerseys are what Reebok designed for the tuck in template and that they kept them because Leaf fans will support the team no matter how poor the product is. I don't mean to impugn Leaf fans. It's really a testament to their dedication and fervor ....... I think many of the other vertical looking uniforms are relics of the tucked in prototypes as well. We should remember that Reebok had tucked in jerseys designed and ready to go for every team three years ago but changed their plans because of a huge amount of backlash towards tucked in jerseys.

Eh, I want one so when they are dumped a year or so from now I can claim I own one. :D

They aren't "horrible" but they arent great. They are plain, simple and could look slick on the ice. I really want to see them in action before I pass my final judgement.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Why do people think that the new Avs jersey is similar to the Predators? It's clearly not. It has the same front piping and same arm stripes as the Blue Jackets/Panthers sweater. Add the silly elbow stripes of the Florida look, and the Avs are the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

*IMG REMOVED*

Really? You work for Reebok, were involved with the whole process, and know enough to post facts such as this one? That's fantastic, tell me more.

I don't need to work for Reebok to criticize a uniform or to understand what went into a design process. An educated guess will tell you that the Avalanche's jersey is based on a template and that certain elements don't appear to be very well thought out. As far as "facts" are concerned, what exactly is factual about a uniform design?

I think you need to chill out. I am allowed an opinion and this needn't get personal. You're crossing the line and bordering on juvenile.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Why do people think that the new Avs jersey is similar to the Predators? It's clearly not. It has the same front piping and same arm stripes as the Blue Jackets/Panthers sweater. Add the silly elbow stripes of the Florida look, and the Avs are the exact same thing.

Its the same template. Blue jackets has a totally different template.

Man, the Leafs blew it big time. BIGGGGGGG time.

Ok, we get it. You don't like the Maple Leafs new jerseys. Please stop your bitching and whining.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived