2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it no one realises that the 3/4 profile is the jersey crest and the side view is the shoulder logo?? It is more than consistant with what we have seen in screen shots... and it sounds like some people can't make that kind of connection. 2 logos - 1 primary, 1 secondary.

And whats wrong with admitting that something looks good? The 3/4 profile looks so awful that no words could do it justice in describing its ugliness. The side view looks great and would make a much better crest than the other logo... but its a shame we'll be stuck seeing it only on the shoulders.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Why the hell do they have 2 new updated logo's? I mean i get the crest and shoulder thing, but seriously...ugly one on front, nice one on the shoulder?

That 3d one isn't too bad, but this update to their original logo is very nice, the 2d one.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

My theory as to why the 3D is on the chest and the 2D is on the shoulder.

When you look at a player from the front, you see his face like in this logo.

OTT-NEW-LOGO_728.gif

When you look at a player from the side, you see his face like in this logo.

newsenscolored.jpg

So... they put the front facing Senator face on the chest and the side facing Senator face on the shoulder. It sorta makes sense if you think about it. It matches the player's face as seen from whatever angle your looking at them from.

I don't know if my explanation is very clear, but I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say.

Also, does anyone notice the Celine Dion chin on the 2D logo?

thecatch.jpg

My theory on why the 3D is on the chest and the 2D is on the shoulder.

When you look at a player from the front, you see his face like in this logo.

OTT-NEW-LOGO_728.gif

When you look at a player from the side, you see his face like in this logo.

newsenscolored.jpg

So... they put the front facing Senator face on the chest and the side facing Senator face on the shoulder. It sorta makes sense if you think about it. It matches the player's face as seen from whatever angle your looking at them from.

I don't know if my explanation is that clear, but I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say.

Also, does anyone notice the Celine Dion chin on the 2D logo?

I believe the more correct reason (and less weird) for the 3/4 appearing as the crest logo is because that has been the featured logo on the best selling of the Sens jerseys over the past few years. Its what people are used to and also appearently like (which makes no sense to me). It has nothing to do with how you view the player, it just has to do with what it has been like for the past few years which is seeing that god awful 3/4 profile face everywhere. I mean really, how much merch have you seen the past while (aka 2 or more years) that had predominatly shown the 3/4 profile face in favour of the old side view logo?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Not sure about the 2D. The 3D is a fantastic upgrade, but there's something about this 2D that I don't like. I miss the upturned "feathers" of the old - this one looks flaccid, with the line of the helmet and the line of his cloak. Instead of rising, the line slumps downward.

I'm also one of those who don't see the point in using two similar logos. I could see using a sword, a shield, even a laurel wreath or helmet as the secondary. But not another face.

I colored in the new Sens 2-d logo. Colors taken from the 3-d logo previously seen.

newsenscolored.jpg

Here's the primary:

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/app/cipo/tradema...ntIndexOnPage=1

Obviously looks bettered coloured-in

Just the logo:

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/app/cipo/tradema...amp;extension=0

Here's my quick recolor:

1107982782_842271c223_o.gif

The more I see this, the more I like it.

First, Just for the record because I haven't seen it touched on, 2kSports said they will have all the Edge jerseys in the game just like EA will.

Second, would EA (and even Kush maybe) even need to have an unlock code? I mean for only a few days difference with the start of training camps and such. EA's release is so close to the training camps anyway. I would think just either le them go from the start, or have a code to unlock them after the specifie date (and who cares if people set the time on their xbox ahead, that wouldn't be EA's fault).

My point is that by October I shouldn't have to do that. Ever. It's a stupid idea and one that if I was the product manager I would have killed before it even got to the coding stage and pushed the date back by 3 weeks. What about the guy who gets the thing and doesn't know that there are codes he should be looking for to unlock the goodies in his new purchase? Isn't he going to be pissed off that his game doesn't look like it said it would?

Doubtful. All the video clips so far have only featured teams who already unveiled their EDGE uniforms. All box art will likely also only feature the few teams who have unveiled their EDGE uniforms already in the jerseys that are already in the game without needing to be unlocked. So the hockey fan who isn't so anal-rententive, he isn't too concerned that the few teams he's seen gameplay of look like they should.

This situation is actually no different than if a team had a third jersey they weren't unveiling until Christmas, the only difference being that, before September, there will still be about a dozen teams that have yet to unveil their new jerseys.

And besides, all of the EDGE jerseys will be out by the 20th of September anyways. So it's not as if it's too much of a wait.

Then again, is anyone else like me and often play in throwbacks 90% of the time?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Yes. Almost always (though depending on the team). When I played as or against Boston in NHL 2k6, they were always in the 70's throwbacks. Buffalo would often be in blue and gold. Colorado wore the Nords from time to time. Edmonton usually wore the Gretzky-era jerseys for me. Los Angeles I rotaated a lot between the current and vintage. New Jersey would get the christmas jerseys a lot. Pittsburgh I'd put in retros a lot. Vancouver I would rotate a lot between old and new. Washington got the old red white and blues a lot.

This is a big reason why I don't understand RBK's thinking on the EDGE jersies. Hockey fans seem to be a very nostalgic group. Much prefer tradition over innovation.

This is a big reason why I don't understand RBK's thinking on the EDGE jersies. Hockey fans seem to be a very nostalgic group. Much prefer tradition over innovation.

I completely agree with you. However, hockey fans also tend to be dedicated to their teams and willing to spend the money to purchase jerseys. The NHL is probably banking on a huge influx of revenue this year with hockey fans updating their old jerseys to the new and improved set, tradition be damned.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived