2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I'm not too sure I saw this here yet:

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

This was already posted and I think it was discussed that its fake. Does it really look real to you guys?

It looks incredibly fake to me

Yah...that podium looks real fake to me...and who is that guy on the right side? He looks like he was plucked from some Senate hearing or something.

Jersey looks nice though...

That's Lou Lamiorello. NJ's GM.

Are you sure? The picture is so small and grainy I can't tell.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first saw the Islanders jersey, I didn't like it at all. Now I'm coming to like it more the more that I see it. The only thing that I dislike about these is that I think there is too much orange. If they would have cut the orange down, this would be a nice modern design. I actually like the yoke piping. Without the piping, it looks plain and the sleeve stripes look like they're coming out of nowhere.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm not too sure I saw this here yet:

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

This was already posted and I think it was discussed that its fake. Does it really look real to you guys?

It looks incredibly fake to me

Yah...that podium looks real fake to me...and who is that guy on the right side? He looks like he was plucked from some Senate hearing or something.

Jersey looks nice though...

That's Lou Lamiorello. NJ's GM.

Are you sure? The picture is so small and grainy I can't tell.

Are you sure its not Dick Cheney? :P

I like the new Isles' set myself. Not a fan of the numbers on the front, but otherwise they look decent.

Dallas is probably the only team with numbers on the front that I'll like. Because they'll do it right. Numbers should be in the CENTER of the uniform if you're going to have them at all. (See: Boston University)

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

PROOF POSITIVE THAT THIS IS A FAKE:

060922_full.jpg

This is the press conference where the Devils announced the Newark arena deal a few years back. The guy at the podium is NJ's governor, and the "NEW" Devils jersey is obviously pasted over the unidentified Black man to the left of the original photo...

Next fake please...

Also there is a bit of a spolier in this article. Where it states "The Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players? numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

So that either means that there are 2 more teams adding the numbers to the front of the jerseys. Let the debate begin.

I had read an article in my local newspaper (The Hamilton Spectator) about the Sabres new jersey over a year ago that the front numbers were a mandatory league mandated addition. They were requested by news agencies who often have photographers take photos from the front where no numbers end up being visible and it was very hard sometime to correctly identify the player for the caption for the picture. Now oviously not everyone has them (yet) but everyone blamed the Sabres and it wasn't reall even their idea.

Dallas is one going with the front numbers...

I'll guess Tampa Bay, or even longshot Chicago as the other.

Also there is a bit of a spolier in this article. Where it states "The Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players' numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

So that either means that there are 2 more teams adding the numbers to the front of the jerseys. Let the debate begin.

I had read an article in my local newspaper (The Hamilton Spectator) about the Sabres new jersey over a year ago that the front numbers were a mandatory league mandated addition. They were requested by news agencies who often have photographers take photos from the front where no numbers end up being visible and it was very hard sometime to correctly identify the player for the caption for the picture. Now oviously not everyone has them (yet) but everyone blamed the Sabres and it wasn't reall even their idea.

I'll guess Tampa Bay, and longshot Chicago as the others.

Maybe the NHL should follow in the same steps as the NFL. Just have the large numbers on the front and back of the jerseys, keep the numbers on the arms, and just have the logo on the helmet.

Also there is a bit of a spolier in this article. Where it states "The Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players' numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years. Besides most fans, the play-by-play broadcasters love it.

I'll guess Tampa Bay, and longshot Chicago as the others.

Maybe the NHL should follow in the same steps as the NFL. Just have the large numbers on the front and back of the jerseys, keep the numbers on the arms, and just have the logo on the helmet.

Or how bout buttons down the front of the jersey, stirrups, belts, and cleats.

DEATH TO REEBOK

4883546b8bf38cd91a.gif

PROOF POSITIVE THAT THIS IS A FAKE:

060922_full.jpg

This is the press conference where the Devils announced the Newark arena deal a few years back. The guy at the podium is NJ's governor, and the "NEW" Devils jersey is obviously pasted over the unidentified Black man to the left of the original photo...

Next fake please...

Actually upon closer look that is the press conference where they announced that they purchased the Trenton Titans (now Devils). If you look at the podium it says Sovereign Bank Arena which is in Trenton. Ans the guy at the Podium is not the NJ governor (or former governor).

If you haven't noticed there are no numbers on the arms, only the front and presumeably the back of Mr. DiPietro. We've seen most of the teams jerseys, but haven't seen much pants or the socks at all, some of these uniforms may look better with all of it together.

Archived