2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
because of the colors and jersey style

They also resemble the Iowa Stars a bit too in that case... take gold instead of orange and make the shoulders a little more like the Rangers and BAM!

P.S. - Who's diggin the new and improved Avatar? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I am more irritated by the banner on the Islanders website than the jerseys themselves. "We're all Islanders" and for that matter "We are all Canucks" Please <_< (yeah this should be on the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread)

I do think the piping and number on the front are what ruined the jersey. Everything else seem (or seam) fine...

I saw, I came, I left.

Is it me or does the Oilers jersey not have a shoulder patch... unless they are ultra low where the numbers should be?

I believe i read somwhere that they have dropped the Oiler and hockey-stick lever logo all together...

Awesome. Hopefully that oil guy and his lever ended up with that ridiculous 'bionic' oil drop that was on the third jersey at the bottom of some landfill somewhere, never to be seen again.

I think when you take the piping off the Islanders jersey, it looks much worse. I think you need it in there to divide the orange one the arms, it looks pretty bad without piping. IMO, of course. :P

Is it me or does the Oilers jersey not have a shoulder patch... unless they are ultra low where the numbers should be?

I believe i read somwhere that they have dropped the Oiler and hockey-stick lever logo all together...

Awesome. Hopefully that oil guy and his lever ended up with that ridiculous 'bionic' oil drop that was on the third jersey at the bottom of some landfill somewhere, never to be seen again.

I loved the oil driller logo and am sad to see it go. The MacFarlane Bio-Drop though? Meh, no love lost.

I am more irritated by the banner on the Islanders website than the jerseys themselves. "We're all Islanders" and for that matter "We are all Canucks" Please <_< (yeah this should be on the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread)

I do think the piping and number on the front are what ruined the jersey. Everything else seem (or seam) fine...

i cant speak for the canucks slogan but the islanders slogan refers to the fact that the majority of the fanbase is on long island and are therefore infact islanders. its actually a very popular slogan among the long island community,

The execution of the Oilers jerseys is absolutely brutal. And no I don't need to see "the whole jersey" to form an opinion on this........

They just don't get it.

The jersey itself looks clean enough to work for some other team, but it is 100% wrong for the Oilers. The Oilers have worn the same basic uniform for 33 years and should not change. This is a team that does need gimmicks to attract fans. What on earth are they thinking by ditching their stripe pattern and going with piping? This has disaster written all over it.

I'll say this right now: When The Anaheim Mighty ducks draft John Tavares first overall next summer there's gonna be a heck of a lot of pissed off Oilers fans and they will not be endeared to this uniform what so ever.

I believe its Anaheim Ducks not mighty ducks :P and they would have to do really bad to draft J.T so i doubt they will get him.

Guess who has Edmonton's first rounder next year. ^_^

New Islanders uni minus the shoulder piping and front numbers. A significant improvement imo.

31905655ep3.jpg

31905654ta0.jpg

now that I would accept, at least it brings back the old penguins jerseys from the early 90s. you eliminated everything that was wrong with the jersey.

And why would the Isles want to do that?

And the only similarity is the sleeves being mainly the secondary color. The jersey stripes and sleeve stripes have major differences.

Sorry, its jsut ive seen many people say that today and its annoying, girnds my gears if you will.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

oilers_leak.jpg

Judging by what the fans in this pic are wearing, I think it's safe to assume that the Oilers' opponent in this game is the Vancouver Canucks. Therefore, it looks like they will be wearing royal blue jerseys with royal blue helmets and white letters and numbers. Beyond that, it's too vague to discern what the Canucks' uniforms will look like.

Archived