2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Orange=bad. These have WAY too much orange.

Orange = bad? Why? Please explain.

I just hate the color, hate it on uniforms, wish the mets woud ditch the orange altogether.

OMG that's racist! You orange hater! I'm calling Carrot Top, he'll be on Fox News lambasting you!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hate the color, hate it on uniforms, wish the mets woud ditch the orange altogether.

OMG that's racist! You orange hater! I'm calling Carrot Top, he'll be on Fox News lambasting you!

HAHA, I hate him too. People like him make me think that anyone can be in showbiz.

Agreed. I don't get the piping around the shoulder yoke.

A different color yoke could look great - see the Bruins. But the same color, only outlined? Too busy.

However, if the shoulder yoke was a different color, then that makes it MORE busy than if it's one color, like the Canes.

orange and blue are the state colors of new york and nassau county, thats why its the isles color scheme. it is also why the knicks and mets are blue and orange. its a good way of showing loyalty to the area, sorta like how all the pittsburgh teams are black and gold

Im not sure what this means, but you can order the Canucks new jerseys at NHL.com and they ship in 3-5 weeks

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_img

It looks like all of the jerseys without images are listed as shipping in 3 - 5 weeks. I wouldn't be shocked if the images were floating around on there somewhere.

8QSKdCG.png

New Islanders uni minus the shoulder piping and front numbers. A significant improvement imo.

now that I would accept, at least it brings back the old penguins jerseys from the early 90s. you eliminated everything that was wrong with the jersey.

And why would the Isles want to do that?

And the only similarity is the sleeves being mainly the secondary color. The jersey stripes and sleeve stripes have major differences.

Sorry, its jsut ive seen many people say that today and its annoying, girnds my gears if you will.

honestly, what they had was perfectly fine. They had no reason to change it. Its sad all the islander fans like this jumbled up mess but hated Fisherman, for better or worse. But after i posted my reply and gave it some thought overnight, the more i was disturbed that the team now resembles a division rival or what they used to wear but a jumbled mess. At first i kinda liked the uni edit because it kinda resembled the penguins early 90s jersey which was a uniform i really liked. But after thinking about it, the more i realize that 'wait a second, we look like the :censored:ing penguins bastard offspring as a result of a drunken barn orgy.' Then i said, thats it i'm done with the :censored:ing islanders. They can take away my fisherman which is fine, i can deal with that since they gave us a modernized version of what they wore before fisherman, its a nice look everyone likes it. They can give us a :censored: team year and year out. Ok, slightly tolerable since they look nice. They even can give us Yashin which :censored:s us over for god knows how long. Again, slightly tolerable but unacceptable. And now they give us this load of :censored:. This was the final nail in the coffin for me and the isles. I'm done with them, i'm moving on to the Blue Jackets.

The straw that broke the camel's back eh?

Well welcome to the Blue Jackets bandwagon, you're the first member.

PvO6ZWJ.png

honestly, what they had was perfectly fine. They had no reason to change it. Its sad all the islander fans like this jumbled up mess but hated Fisherman, for better or worse. But after i posted my reply and gave it some thought overnight, the more i was disturbed that the team now resembles a division rival or what they used to wear but a jumbled mess. At first i kinda liked the uni edit because it kinda resembled the penguins early 90s jersey which was a uniform i really liked. But after thinking about it, the more i realize that 'wait a second, we look like the :censored:ing penguins bastard offspring as a result of a drunken barn orgy.' Then i said, thats it i'm done with the :censored:ing islanders. They can take away my fisherman which is fine, i can deal with that since they gave us a modernized version of what they wore before fisherman, its a nice look everyone likes it. They can give us a :censored: team year and year out. Ok, slightly tolerable since they look nice. They even can give us Yashin which :censored:s us over for god knows how long. Again, slightly tolerable but unacceptable. And now they give us this load of :censored:. This was the final nail in the coffin for me and the isles. I'm done with them, i'm moving on to the Blue Jackets.

Wow, that sounds about as outlandish as something I'd hear on Coast to Coast am....

I guess I'll burn all of my Wings merchandise and become a Leafs fan since they moved the captain's 'C' to the wrong side!

Not including the Champs, and the Sens.

Ugh, I don't know why I'm getting into this again.

:blink:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't remember the Sens getting they're hands on the cup? If something else was meant by the 28 please explain, cause I'm confused right now.

QFT!!!

MAN, the sens suck so bad!

and that means there logo sucks to! it prolly should be a big O instead ne wayz. But for zero not ottawa!

MODS U CAN'T TAKE THIS POST AWAY CUZ I TALK ABOUT LOGOS IN IT!

GO LEAFS GO!

Im not sure what this means, but you can order the Canucks new jerseys at NHL.com and they ship in 3-5 weeks

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_img

It looks like all of the jerseys without images are listed as shipping in 3 - 5 weeks. I wouldn't be shocked if the images were floating around on there somewhere.

Well...September 15th, the day when all the EDGE jerseys are supposed to be available to buy to the public, is within 3-5 weeks. This appears to be the common occurrance where they have a place-holder for the product without the image, which they do often for Stanley Cup Championship merchandise the day after the Stanley Cup is won.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Are there any mods here that could stop this non-sense ? I come here to see jerseys not kids arguing about who's the lamest team of the two (they both are with fans like you guys)

NARC!!!! Let us have our fun, there is no getting around it anymore, believe me.

Though I do agree to an extent that there are 29 "losers", I just don't think you can put all of those 29 teams into one group saying that they all are the same.

Also I do agree that alot of people are being ignorant in saying that the Senators are the same as a team like phoenix or Toronto for that matter.

You can't hide the fact that, even though the Senatprs did not win it all, they did have an amazing run, with no choking in the early rounds. :P

Well I would write more but I got to go see Superbad. B)

Superbad = Super Amazingly Godly!

I do believe since I have actually CONTRIBUTED information and pictures to this thread about the upcomming jerseys, I have deserved to have a little fun along the way. If you don't like it then do something more than just bitch about how this piping looks good, or this piping is awful (not you Shanurr, but posters in general). Actually contribute to our communal hunger for information instead of re-hashing the same comments others have said. Most people who have posted in this thread (and are bitching about me having a little fun) have not contributed a thing towards this thread and our overall knowledge of what is happening to our beloved hockey jerseys. I think I have deserved to have a little fun when the thread is dying down.

And to clarify my point from earlier, the Senators + 28 other NHL teams = 29 teams (who did not get to hoist Lord Stanley). My logic behind this is that 29 teams lost, just some took longer to lose and brought their fans and bandwaggoners through a more emotional rollarcoaster and wallet lightening ride. You know what the Sens did with all that extra money they made? Booted their team building GM for a slightly younger man who did nothing more but put together an overachieving team in '03 which was sold off to construct an actual cup winning team people expected to win. Yes the Sens had a good run, but it doesn't make up for the fact they are grouped together with 28 other teams who got to witness another team who was not them celebrate as the lone winner. There is no medal for second place in North American pro sports, you either win it all or nothing at all.

P.S. - I have heard rumblings that Vancouver has not yet come up with a final jersey design. It is close, but not yet ready to be sent for production like most of the other teams.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

P.S. - I have heard rumblings that Vancouver has not yet come up with a final jersey design. It is close, but not yet ready to be sent for production like most of the other teams.

I thought new designs had to be turned in to the league by a certain date for approval? Or am I thinking about one of the other sports?

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

I thought new designs had to be turned in to the league by a certain date for approval? Or am I thinking about one of the other sports?

In general there is a deadline, but for this re-design, I don't believe this rule has applied.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived