Bonds' 756 Logo

LogoHound

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it's just me, but I read 756 HOURS rather than 756 HOME RUNS.

Same

Is the realistic looking Bonds also part of the logo?

No, that's a McFarlane figure.

Okay good, i was looking at it and was like what?

untitled-6.jpg

other_bbonds756_photo_01_lg.jpg

Wow: I don't like Bonds, and I don't like the logo. What a shock! But I think I can honestly say the former is not the cause of the latter in this case. This is just a muddled mess, clip-arty in the extreme, and it looks like the sort of thing Bonds himself might design. It's way too busy, visually and textually. "756 HRS" -- why the "HRS"? Is there some danger the viewer might not understand what the 756 refers to? And if so, how does the not entirely layman's abbreviation "HRS" help things?

Then there's the orange-to-orange gradient on some of the type. Why? What possible aesthetic purpose is that supposed to server, other than letting the designer play with his kewl grafix toolz? The thin double outline, the drop shadow, the gradient -- this is all the sort of crap I used to do in like 1993 when I would stay late at the paper's office to play around on the design computer for the first time.

The ribbon is interesting, actually. Making it into a near-ring; I like that. And it's nicely shaded. No complaints there. The cartoon Barry is sucky in a sort of almost-camp 1980s way; make the helmet a little less badly rendered and it could work.

So drop the "HRS", re-render the "756" to not suck, clean up the cartoon a bit, and this could have had potential. But as it is, this is just a poor piece of design work. Then again, the overall aesthetic really captures what Barry is all about, and the particular ways in which he's so annoying, so perhaps on some meta level this is actually an awesome logo.

20082614447.png

That Bonds looks somewhat computer generated. The logo is kind of silly. It's like it's the name of a new cartoon series where Barry defeats some evil galactic alliance by rubbing his body with clear and shooting lasers out of his bat.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm amazed Bonds still has supporters and that there are people that believe he didn't take roids.

Hey, there's always a clueless minority in society: guys who think O.J.'s innocent, that man never landed on the moon, that JFK was shot by a conspiracy involving the CIA, FBI, Fidel Castro and/or the Mafia... guys like that. Clueless souls you have to simply pat on the head and say, "that's nice," then completely disregard on anything they ever say again based on their total lack of realistic credibility.

That being said, the logo's missing a syringe.

nav-logo.png

I'm amazed Bonds still has supporters and that there are people that believe he didn't take roids.

i'm amazed there are still people who think that sports discussion belong in the sports logo forum.

Archived