The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

daschuck77

What I don't get is why the NHL Edge jerseys have a annoying round cut at the waistline, ressembling an untucked shirt while the AHL Edge jerseys don't. That subtle detail is a nussance that I have yet to get used to. For now its really annoying.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I don't get is why the NHL Edge jerseys have a annoying round cut at the waistline, ressembling an untucked shirt while the AHL Edge jerseys don't. That subtle detail is a nussance that I have yet to get used to. For now its really annoying.

You haven't seen them up close - they definitely have the same "shirttail" look at the bottom. On teams like the Wolves, whose "straight" stripes actually follow the contour of the hem, the result is an unpleasant, bunched-up look at the sides - it looks like the players' jerseys are riding up on them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 6 months later...

And so, the P-Bruins continue their recent tradition of having mind-blowing, fantastic alternate uniforms - and astoundingly crappy home and away unis.

Take that alternate, make a black version, and there's your new home and away. I'd buy it.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Providence Bruins wore these jerseys for the last regular season game using a crest based on the parent club's new bear logo. I suspect these will be the 3rd jersey next year.

1.1208885283.jpg

1.1208885154.jpg

I saw those briefly on the local news sportscast and was wondering what kinda jerseys they were. Awesome, just awesome.

I agree with Sodboy...they need to ditch the current home and aways. Make these bad boys the home jerseys, and make a similar style black jersey the road jerseys. I second that. :D

Take that alternate, make a black version, and there's your new home and away.

Better yet, jettison the Providence Bruins identity and make a return to the historic Providence Reds name. Then, copy the Boston Bruins' new jersey templates, substituting Red for Black and Black for Yellow. Hire Joe Bosack or Dan Simon to freshen-up the original Providence Reds "fightin' Red" logo. Voila... perfection.

Take that alternate, make a black version, and there's your new home and away.

Better yet, jettison the Providence Bruins identity and make a return to the historic Providence Reds name. Then, copy the Boston Bruins' new jersey templates, substituting Red for Black and Black for Yellow. Hire Joe Bosack or Dan Simon to freshen-up the original Providence Reds "fightin' Red" logo. Voila... perfection.

OR... leave them as the Providence Bruins, and just make a decent jersey.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

OR... leave them as the Providence Bruins, and just make a decent jersey.

There's no need for a Providence-based American Hockey League franchise to ape the identity package of its NHL parent-club when the Rhode Island capital has historically played host to minor-pro hockey teams bearing a locally-significant brand for 51 seasons. The adoption of the Bruins nickname was a mistake when it was adopted upon the AHL's return to the Providence market in 1992.

There's no need for an American Hockey League franchise to ape the identity package of its NHL parent-club .

Fixed that for, well, me.

There's no need for an American Hockey League franchise to ape the identity package of its NHL parent-club .

Fixed that for, well, me.

Really. Can they please restore red to the Rivermen color scheme?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In other news, Bridgeport looks like a joke wearing white helmets with their orange jerseys:

412c0500c9c18158f086f0f62a3526d1.400.jpg

Not to mention that's their "white" jersey.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

In other news, Bridgeport looks like a joke wearing white helmets with their orange jerseys:

Home = Navy

Road = Orange

That must be one hell of an eyesore when they are visiting a team with a red home jersey with navy shorts.

Home = Navy

Road = Orange

That must be one hell of an eyesore when they are visiting a team with a red home jersey with navy shorts.

No Kidding

baltimoreravens.png

The Providence Bruins wore these jerseys for the last regular season game using a crest based on the parent club's new bear logo. I suspect these will be the 3rd jersey next year.

1.1208885283.jpg

Anyone seen these for sale, game-worn or otherwise?

Archived