The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

daschuck77

The Amerks open the exhibition season Friday night. I just called the office and asked when the new jerseys would be unveiled. The lady I spoke with didn't know. Which leads me to believe that they will either announce them Thursday or Friday or wait until the regular season opener on Friday, Oct. 5. Do any of you brilliant people out there know anything different?

1964-65 CALDER CUP CHAMPION ROCHESTER AMERICANS- BEST A.H.L. TEAM EVER!

#1- Gerry Cheevers #2-Don Cherry #3-Al Arbour #4-Darryl Sly #5-Larry Hillman #6-Red Armstrong #7-Duane Rupp #8-Wally Boyer #9-Dick Gamble #10-Stan Smrke #11-Les Duff #12-Eddie Litzenbeger #14-Jimmy Pappin #15-Billy Harris #16-Peter Stemkowski #17-Don McKenney #18-Bronco Horvath #19-Gerry Ehman

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The one good thing that can be taken from this is, at least we sorta look like the Packers.

And, at least you have hem stripes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the new Pirates jersey on the chick second from the left. Simple, classic ... no hem stripe though, grrr. :P

ec3d629adaf509d38adab5931d8c0fe3.300.jpg

no bottom :cursing: stripe or classic looking!!!!!!!! WTF rbk done messed up!!!!!....and when did the AHL have ad's on jerseys???

No, the Pirates owners messed up and demonstrated their spinelessness.

The AHL has had advertisements on jerseys for some time now. It's one of the best ways to raise money at the minor league level. Case in point, the Rivs have had Caterpillar advertisements on their jersey for awhile IIRC.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I like the new Pirates jersey on the chick second from the left. Simple, classic ... no hem stripe though, grrr. :P

no bottom :cursing: stripe or classic looking!!!!!!!! WTF rbk done messed up!!!!!....and when did the AHL have ad's on jerseys???

I'm tempted to agree with you, but I don't know how much pressure RBK put on the AHL clubs. We know that the NHL teams had a great deal of input, and final say, but I wouldn't presume that the minor league clubs had the same leverage.

I've defended RBK up and down the NHL threads for that reason - ultimately, the decisions rested with the teams. Here, I'm not so sure.

The AHL has had advertisements on jerseys for some time now. It's one of the best ways to raise money at the minor league level. Case in point, the Rivs have had Caterpillar advertisements on their jersey for awhile IIRC.

I've always loved the Admirals' sponsor patches:

photo-admirals.jpg

I'm tempted to agree with you, but I don't know how much pressure RBK put on the AHL clubs. We know that the NHL teams had a great deal of input, and final say, but I wouldn't presume that the minor league clubs had the same leverage.

I've defended RBK up and down the NHL threads for that reason - ultimately, the decisions rested with the teams. Here, I'm not so sure.

If I recall what was said about the Wolves, it was possible for an AHL team to tell RBK "no" essentially. Granted, Chicago is one of the AHL's flagship franchises, so they might have some leverage Portland didn't have, but still, it is possible at this level.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If I recall what was said about the Wolves, it was possible for an AHL team to tell RBK "no" essentially. Granted, Chicago is one of the AHL's flagship franchises, so they might have some leverage Portland didn't have, but still, it is possible at this level.

Oh, you are 100% right about the Wolves. I forgot all about them.

Strike that - the AHL clubs, as with their NHL parents, bear full responsibility for the messes they're wearing.

70c5479369a770147db41e588b366c11.300.jpg

These are from a gallery on theAHL.com that will have the new designs as they are unveiled.

Just saw these in person...must....fight...urge...to buy one! This damned jersey-purchasing addiction must...not...win!

70c5479369a770147db41e588b366c11.300.jpg

These are from a gallery on theAHL.com that will have the new designs as they are unveiled.

Just saw these in person...must....fight...urge...to buy one! This damned jersey-purchasing addiction must...not...win!

Why do I have a feeling that this is what Rbk had in mind for Boston until the B's stepped in and came out with what they have now?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Some official Moose pics:

d0d3a6057fc22fe7280fe72a0c2d21a7.300.jpg

jersey.jpg

It's not as good as what they had, but it's not bad, and certainly could have turned out far, far worse. The hem stripes and continued use of their excellent custom name/number fonts really help.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

21074.JPG

21075.JPG

The back is horrible. and is it really needed to have the rbk logo pn the top and bottom of the jersey in the back?

The front design looks like stripes from a backpack, and the back only helps to drive the idea of them wearing backpacks home.

Archived