Cleveland Browns

The Imperfect

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the Brownie the Elf logo is quite prevalent on merchandise (and in my closet). I remember when it was brought the old logo out of the mothballs a couple of years ago they said that they wanted to rework and update it in the future. Obviously it hasn?t happened yet. Does this ring a bell to anyone else?

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

Just to point out where the Dawg came from. Hanford Dixon coined the Browns defense as the Dawg Defense as they would bark on the field to pump each other up. This carried over to the fans in the bleachers who then named the section the Dawg pound. So yes that specific Dawg logo was created for the Dawg Pound, but the nickname has its roots on the field.

fade.gif

Just to point out where the Dawg came from. Hanford Dixon coined the Browns defense as the Dawg Defense as they would bark on the field to pump each other up. This carried over to the fans in the bleachers who then named the section the Dawg pound. So yes that specific Dawg logo was created for the Dawg Pound, but the nickname has its roots on the field.

quick, hanford dixon's cornerback mate, no googling!

Yes, the Brownie the Elf logo is quite prevalent on merchandise (and in my closet). I remember when it was brought the old logo out of the mothballs a couple of years ago they said that they wanted to rework and update it in the future. Obviously it hasn?t happened yet. Does this ring a bell to anyone else?

I love the Elf logo. Very retro cool.

You thinking of Frank Minnifield?

Then later Felix Wright.

fade.gif

You thinking of Frank Minnifield?

Then later Felix Wright.

Yep, Minnifield. Loved that duo.

The B logo always struck me as a cheap ripoff off the Green Bay G.

Well, if you wanted to argue cheap ripoffs...

georgia.jpg

58686.jpg

Actually, I see these more as paying homage to Green Bay, not ripping it off.

Heh, I always thought that G logo looked better in Georgia red!

As an aside, who had the logo first?

EDIT: Nevermind, Google is my friend. Turns out GB had the logo first, then let Georgia & Grambling use it.

http://www.packers.com/history/fast_facts/helmet_history/

The B logo always struck me as a cheap ripoff off the Green Bay G.

Well, if you wanted to argue cheap ripoffs...

georgia.jpg

58686.jpg

Actually, I see these more as paying homage to Green Bay, not ripping it off.

Heh, I always thought that G logo looked better in Georgia red!

As an aside, who had the logo first?

EDIT: Nevermind, Google is my friend. Turns out GB had the logo first, then let Georgia & Grambling use it.

http://www.packers.com/history/fast_facts/helmet_history/

Since the Georgia "G"- though different in design and color- was similar to Green Bay's "G", Coach Dooley thought it best to clear the use of Georgia's new emblem with the NFL team. Athletic Director Joel Eaves called for permission which was granted. However, since its inception in 1961, the Green Bay "G" has been redesigned several times and now looks like Georgia's original 1964 "G." Georgia is proud that the Packers apparently liked the special nuances of the Bulldogs' forward-looking "G."

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I wish they would just use this.

BrownsLogo-1.gif

Put it on the 50 yard line, the jersey, and pants.

But NEVER on the helmet!!!

I'm going to say yes to all of this except put it on the helmet along with a white mask!! And while you're at it, tell the Steelers to put their logo on the other side too!! But that's just me. I think being a professional means to look the very best. No logo looks pop warner to me. And the same goes for some very traditionaly college teams. I piss on tradition in this case!! The dawg should never be used, as many people mentioned, because it's just a fan nickname and really has nothing to do with the team.

I'll leave now. It's just my .02 and none of the above would ever happen.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived