"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am happy to be wrong. Ohio State wins easily 37-17. So what's it going to be now? Penn State was simply overrated or will the "experts" finally give us a little credit. Who cares. I'll take the win and get out of town.

I don't blame ya...especially since a bunch of our "fans" tonight were downright :censored:s....I was embarrased at some of the "interaction" that some PSU fans directed at OSU fans. I use "interaction" loosely since they were apparantly neanderthals or something....those that made the trip at least were pretty classy--that's all you can ask...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Ok...since I really don't want to do にほんご homework right now. I decided to try to pick which bowl Illinois will play in. To begin with, I am assuming that Illinois will beat Minnesota and Northwestern, and lose to Ohio State-giving them an 8-4 record and a 5-3 in-Conference record.

Michigan and Ohio State will finish ahead of them; most likely 1 and 2 atop the Conference...Big Ten MAY have multiple BCS bids if Michigan wins "The Game", but SOS could end up being Ohio State's downfall. Let's be honest though....sweatervest is going to triumph there. I anticipate Wisconsin will lose to both OSU and Michigan and beat Minnesota. Landing them at 4-4 in Conference. I am predicting that Purdue will lose to Penn State, beat Michigan State, and get upset by an enthused Indiana team trying to beat its in-state rival Purdue is therefore also 4-4. Penn State will run the table-beating Purdue and Michigan State in conference, and Temple out-of-Conference PSU's 5-3, BUT Illinois has tiebreaker (for what it's worth) Northwestern will drop its final 3 to Iowa, Indiana, and Illinois, 2-6 in conference and more importantly 5-7, missing a Bowl. Indiana will actually win out; they will have an 8-4 record and finish 4-4 in Conference. Iowa will win out, finish 7-5 and 4-4 in Conference. Michigan State will lose out, finishing 5-7 and 1-7 in Conference. Minnesota...has applied to join the MAC. :P

1. Ohio State (BCS)

2. Michigan-Capital One Bowl

3. Illinois-Alamo Bowl

4. Penn State-Outback Bowl (Better record, probably considered better draw)

5. Wisconsin-Champs Sports Bowl

6. Indiana-Insight Bowl

7. Purdue-Motor City Bowl

8. Iowa-Humanitarian Bowl (somehow I doubt the ACC will get 8 teams Bowl Eligible)

9. Northwestern-golfing

10. Michigan State-joining the Izzone

11. Minnesota-seppuku

Note...assuming hell freezes over and Michigan pulls the upset over OSU, everyone may move up a bowl rank.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

ASU is freaking 8-0 baby!!!

You can have Sam Keller back, thank you very much. (I can still appreciate the irony about that situation though...and California is officially in tailspin city!)

Cal's losing streak is probably damaging Oregon's chances of leapfrogging BC, though, as Kentucky's losing is damaging LSU's chances.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/...egoryId=2564308

I don't care if it's Division III, that's ridiculous.

Heeey....I've seen those schools play.

Gotta love the SCAC. ^_^ (That was pretty much the Conference title game as well.)

Today, we are all otaku.

UB is still leading the MAC East. If they win next week, and BGU loses to Akron the Bulls are in the MAC Title game.

Because there are 7 teams in the East, and 6 in the west, only divisional games count to determine who goes to Detroit.

UB (3-0)

MIA (2-1)

TEM (2-2)

BG (2-2)

AKR (1-2)

OHIO (1-2)

KENT (1-3)

UB plays Miami next week. BG plays Akron. If UB wins, and Akron wins. UB is going to Detroit. UB already beat Temple, Akron, Ohio, (And Miami in my scenario) SO they have the tiebreaker vs. all 2 loss teams minus BG. If BG loses to Akron they have 3 losses and are not in the hunt. Obviously this is only my scenario, and I am probably getting ahead of myself, but UB can possibly be bowling in December/January!

If they do get bowl eligible, chances are they'll play in Toronto too. I'd expect tons of UB fans for that one.

1zqy8ok.gif

Once again...

Starting off with conference leaders...

ACC leader is #2 Boston College, the only team unbeaten in the ACC.

Big East leader is #13 Connecticut, the only team unbeaten in the Big East.

Big Ten leader is #1 Ohio State, as they have a better full-schedule record than #12 Michigan.

Big XII leader is #8 Kansas, the only team unbeaten in the Big XII.

Pac-10 leader is #4 Arizona State, the only team unbeaten in the Pac-10.

SEC leader is #3 Louisiana State, as they are higher ranked in the BCS than #17 Alabama.

Our pool of eligible at-large teams are #5 Oregon, #6 Oklahoma, #7 West Virginia, #9 Missouri, #10 Georgia, #11 Virginia Tech, #12 Michigan, and #14 Hawaii.

Obviously, we must take #1 Ohio State and #2 Boston College for the National Championship Game.

By contractual obligation, #3 Louisiana State goes to the Sugar Bowl, #4 Arizona State goes to the Rose Bowl, and #8 Kansas goes to the Fiesta Bowl.

The Rose Bowl gets the first selection of at-larges, as compensation for losing #1 Ohio State to the NCG. Since there's a Big Ten team eligible for selection, the Rose Bowl would take #12 Michigan.

The Orange Bowl gets the next two selections. First, as compensation for losing #2 Boston College to the NCG, they would probably take #5 Oregon, next best team on the board. They would also take #6 Oklahoma, next best team.

The Fiesta Bowl has the next selection, and would most likely take #7 West Virginia.

Finally, the Sugar Bowl would be required to take #13 Connecticut, as they are required to be selected by some BCS bowl.

In review:

Rose: #4 Arizona State (Pac-10 Leader) v #12 Michigan (At-Large)

Sugar: #3 Louisiana State (SEC Leader) v #13 Connecticut (Big East Leader)

Fiesta: #8 Kansas (Big XII Leader) v #7 West Virginia (At-Large)

Orange: #5 Oregon (At-Large) v #6 Oklahoma (At-Large)

NCG: #1 Ohio State (Big Ten Leader) v #2 Boston College (ACC Leader)

LvZYtbZ.png

UB is still leading the MAC East. If they win next week, and BGU loses to Akron the Bulls are in the MAC Title game.

Because there are 7 teams in the East, and 6 in the west, only divisional games count to determine who goes to Detroit.

UB (3-0)

MIA (2-1)

TEM (2-2)

BG (2-2)

AKR (1-2)

OHIO (1-2)

KENT (1-3)

UB plays Miami next week. BG plays Akron. If UB wins, and Akron wins. UB is going to Detroit. UB already beat Temple, Akron, Ohio, (And Miami in my scenario) SO they have the tiebreaker vs. all 2 loss teams minus BG. If BG loses to Akron they have 3 losses and are not in the hunt. Obviously this is only my scenario, and I am probably getting ahead of myself, but UB can possibly be bowling in December/January!

If they do get bowl eligible, chances are they'll play in Toronto too. I'd expect tons of UB fans for that one.

I should be there if that occurs. But let's not get ahead of ourselvs.

saBS.png

Once again...

Big Ten leader is #1 Ohio State, as they have a better full-schedule record than #12 Michigan.

SEC leader is #3 Louisiana State, as they are higher ranked in the BCS than #17 Alabama.

Our pool of eligible at-large teams are #5 Oregon, #6 Oklahoma, #7 West Virginia, #9 Missouri, #10 Georgia, #11 Virginia Tech, #12 Michigan, and #14 Hawaii.

Obviously, we must take #1 Ohio State and #2 Boston College for the National Championship Game.

By contractual obligation, #3 Louisiana State goes to the Sugar Bowl, #4 Arizona State goes to the Rose Bowl, and #8 Kansas goes to the Fiesta Bowl.

The Rose Bowl gets the first selection of at-larges, as compensation for losing #1 Ohio State to the NCG. Since there's a Big Ten team eligible for selection, the Rose Bowl would take #12 Michigan.

The Orange Bowl gets the next two selections. First, as compensation for losing #2 Boston College to the NCG, they would probably take #5 Oregon, next best team on the board. They would also take #6 Oklahoma, next best team.

The Fiesta Bowl has the next selection, and would most likely take #7 West Virginia.

Finally, the Sugar Bowl would be required to take #13 Connecticut, as they are required to be selected by some BCS bowl.

In review:

The Orange Bowl and Fiesta Bowl might be selected differently, because of financial reasons.

The Orange Bowl does not two teams west of the Mississippi in their bowl game, because they need tickets to be sold. No offense to Oregon fans, but they simply don't have a big travelling fan base, especially one that'll travel nearly 3,000 miles to south Florida. The Orange Bowl would select a lower-ranked Georgia over a higher-ranked Oregon to sell more tickets. And isn't the champion of the Big East obligated to play in the Orange Bowl? Either way, Georgia-Oklahoma or Georgia-Connecticut will guarentee all the tickets getting sold.

The Fiesta would then select Oregon, as the Ducks fans would likely buy more tickets to a bowl game in Arizona instead of a bowl game in Miami.

Once again...

In review:

The Orange Bowl and Fiesta Bowl might be selected differently, because of financial reasons.

The Orange Bowl does not two teams west of the Mississippi in their bowl game, because they need tickets to be sold. No offense to Oregon fans, but they simply don't have a big travelling fan base, especially one that'll travel nearly 3,000 miles to south Florida. The Orange Bowl would select a lower-ranked Georgia over a higher-ranked Oregon to sell more tickets. And isn't the champion of the Big East obligated to play in the Orange Bowl? Either way, Georgia-Oklahoma or Georgia-Connecticut will guarentee all the tickets getting sold.

The Fiesta would then select Oregon, as the Ducks fans would likely buy more tickets to a bowl game in Arizona instead of a bowl game in Miami.

No the Orange Bowl has a contract with the ACC not the Big East.

Sam Keller out for the season.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10170862

I believe this picture is Nebraska's season in a nutshell.

SamKellersucks.jpg

EDIT:

Today, we are all otaku.

A friend of mine emailed me the following. Could this be the week that Ohio State goes down?

Some things to consider as we approach Saturday, November 3rd:

Since the beginning of the 2002 season, Ohio State has gone 21-1 in Big 10 home games. The one loss was to Wisconsin in 2004.

Jim Tressel has lost three Big 10 home games in his seven years as Ohio State?s head coach. Two of those losses have been to Wisconsin ? in 2001 and 2004.

Since the beginning of the 2002 season, Ohio State has not lost to a Big 10 more than once?except Wisconsin, who beat them back to back in 2003 and 2004.

Sine Jim Tressel became Ohio State?s head coach their record against all Big 10 teams except Wisconsin is 42-7 (86%). Against Wisconsin they are 1-3 (25%).

Wisconsin has won their last three games in Ohio Stadium. In each game they spotted Ohio State at least a 10 point lead and came back to win. After spotting the leads, the combined scoreboard of those games reads Wisconsin 86 ? Ohio State 3.

Wisconsin ended defending National Champion Ohio State?s 19-game winning streak with a 17-10 win on October 11, 2003 thanks to a 79-yard Matt Shabert to Lee Evans touchdown pass with 5:20 to play. It was Evans? only catch of the evening.

The last time Wisconsin lost in Ohio Stadium was October 12, 1996.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Now I'm not an OSU fan, but (NSFW...or Patsox)

Attention jacka$$ Penn State fans: Scoreboard

Have I mentioned how must I detest fraternities, BTW?

EDIT: Also...props for 1) taping yourself committing a crime

2) posting said tape on an internet website, accessible by millions

Good to see people putting their higher education into practice.

Today, we are all otaku.

A friend of mine emailed me the following. Could this be the week that Ohio State goes down?

That'd be nice for me and the rest of the LSU fans... go BADGERS!!!

On the other hand, this weekend's game, LSU vs. Alabama, is a big one that WE have to get through. Big test for the Fighting Tigers, but after that I think it's just a case of taking care of business....

It is what it is.

I would just like to announce that during VA Tech's blowout of GA Tech, the announcers got into a discussion about the Teletubbies.

I love Thursday Night College Football.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived