Charlotte Bobcats Set to Unveil Makeover

Brian in Boston

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after review, that is correct "Charlotte Bobcats Orange". that's funny, the director is very specific that any reproductions are not orange in color, but the red-orange/warm red.

Not that weird, really. Just look at the Lakers with their "forum blue," or any team that has yellow in their color scheme.

Colors should be light blue, red, and black

I can't tell if you're joking about the NBA's current trendy colors or trying to make a color scheme that combines the area's local collegiate colors. I hope it's the former, but i wouldn't be totally opposed to the bobcats adopting a sky blue, crimson, royal blue, black, orange, and garnet color scheme. It would be pretty representative of their management under Bob Johnson.

Just a point of clarification: pretty much all teams officially list their colors in the format of "[Team Name] ". It's the marketing monkeys who come up with the silly descriptions (e.g., "California Yellow", "Buccaneer Red").

Oh, and the Lakers haven't referred to their Purple as "Forum Blue" since 1980.

^_^

I live in Charlotte and can assure everybody that the Bobcats' color scheme is the least of their problems. In fact, being the only team in the league to wear orange (yes, it's orange) was really the most interesting thing about the team.

Phoenix and Golden State say hello.

davis_warriors.jpgnba_g_bell_nash_275.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I live in Charlotte and can assure everybody that the Bobcats' color scheme is the least of their problems. In fact, being the only team in the league to wear orange (yes, it's orange) was really the most interesting thing about the team.

Phoenix and Golden State say hello.

davis_warriors.jpgnba_g_bell_nash_275.jpg

I think you know what he meant....unless of course you were being facetious.

The more I look at it, the more I realize that it's still not a great logo. The shading is off - the basketball pattern is superimposed in front of the bobcat's head on its left side, making it look like a sprig of wheat. But the regular logo is so poor, this can't help but be a major step up.

Still, once the owner announced that he was naming the team after himself, didn't we all realize the complete organizational mess we were in for?

I would still support the Charlotte team buying back the name "Hornets," given its historical significance to the region. That would, of course, conveniently free up the New Orleans team to find its own identity....

The more I look at it, the more I realize that it's still not a great logo. The shading is off - the basketball pattern is superimposed in front of the bobcat's head on its left side, making it look like a sprig of wheat. But the regular logo is so poor, this can't help but be a major step up.

I agree.

Here is the PDF that the Bobcats released when the team identity was announced.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I love that head-on Bobcat logo.

I wasn't joking about the use of lightt blue, since that is signature Carolina, regardless of how often used in the NBA, as well as a red/crimson, and black. I think that would look incredible. I might give it a shot for a concept.

Archived