Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

I see the Pack have three starters: Favre (natch) and two defensive players, Al Harris and Aaron Kampman. Shows you how far the Packers' defense has come in just a couple of years.

Charles Woodson and Nick Barnett could (read: should) have arguably made it, too. I love how Bubba Franks is an alternate...although he did have a mediocre four games this season :rolleyes:

I don't know why I get my hopes up every year that the ProBowl voting will get it right. 7 Vikings and 4 Bears to 4 Packers? My head was about ready to explode when I saw that.

Bears players getting undeserved props because of Chicago's media market is nothing new (Dan Hampton: good prolific player? yes... hall of famer? HELL NO!), but the Vikings getting 7 players is just ridiculous. They've improved in the latter part of the season, but they're not THAT good of a team. In fact, I can't think of 7 players from the Packers or Cowboys that deserve to go, let alone the Vikings.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see the Pack have three starters: Favre (natch) and two defensive players, Al Harris and Aaron Kampman. Shows you how far the Packers' defense has come in just a couple of years.

Charles Woodson and Nick Barnett could (read: should) have arguably made it, too. I love how Bubba Franks is an alternate...although he did have a mediocre four games this season :rolleyes:

I don't know why I get my hopes up every year that the ProBowl voting will get it right. 7 Vikings and 4 Bears to 4 Packers? My head was about ready to explode when I saw that.

Bears players getting undeserved props because of Chicago's media market is nothing new (Dan Hampton: good prolific player? yes... hall of famer? HELL NO!), but the Vikings getting 7 players is just ridiculous. They've improved in the latter part of the season, but they're not THAT good of a team. In fact, I can't think of 7 players from the Packers or Cowboys that deserve to go, let alone the Vikings.

I don't know, the only Viking that made it on name alone was Darren Sharper. The other 6 guys are legit. PLus, EJ Henderson should have made it, I would put him in besides Sharper, so that is still 7 legit guys. 4 of them are part of the running game (AD, hutch, Birk, Richardson) and 2 are part of the run D (Phat Pat and KWill). Those are the Vikes 2 best areas, and are the best in the league.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

And I guess that quells any notion that the Steelers are going to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Aw naw...they'll make it into the playoffs. They just might not go anywhere while they're in them.

By the way...their season finale in Baltimore will tell us a whole lot about how the AFC playoff picture might shake up.

Speaking of which...hey Cleveland, Pittsburgh won. Ball's in your court now, guys!!! Win out, hope for a Ravens upset, and you guys are DIVISION CHAMPS!!!

(If that happens, I'm grabbing BOTH my video recorders out my closet and walking around Pittsburgh with my #19 Bernie Kosar Browns jersey on and videotaping people JUST to see what they'll do. If I make it back home intact--or, at the very least, at least an arm intact--I promise to God I'm posting that video up on YouTube!!!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And I guess that quells any notion that the Steelers are going to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Aw naw...they'll make it into the playoffs. They just might not go anywhere while they're in them.

By the way...their season finale in Baltimore will tell us a whole lot about how the AFC playoff picture might shake up.

Speaking of which...hey Cleveland, Pittsburgh won. Ball's in your court now, guys!!! Win out, hope for a Ravens upset, and you guys are DIVISION CHAMPS!!!

(If that happens, I'm grabbing BOTH my video recorders out my closet and walking around Pittsburgh with my #19 Bernie Kosar Browns jersey on and videotaping people JUST to see what they'll do. If I make it back home intact--or, at the very least, at least an arm intact--I promise to God I'm posting that video up on YouTube!!!)

Make sure to post the link here too. ;)

As a Steelers fan, sure I'm upset about the loss of Parker, he's the NFL's leading rusher, but Davenport isn't that bad. I'm not writing the postseason off just because Parker's out. Roethlisberger will have to step up, and Davenport will just have to hang on the ball and pound it up the gut like we know he can all do. The defense is there, so there's no reason the Steelers CAN'T get win a couple in the playoffs, and dare I say it...the Super Bowl.

Cowboys beat the Panthers 20-13 tonight, for the 5 people (including myself [who found an internet stream...teehee] and my sister [who was there...huge Cowboys fan]) who were watching. Panthers are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Yep Cowboys won....and Terrel Owens injured is ankle. To what extent no one knows. Shame it wasn't his mouth instead. <_<

I noticed when Owens went to the locker room he was accompanied by both the team's trainer and his agent (& uber-douchenozzle) Drew Rosenhaus.

Well this is a sure sign this team isn't run by Parcells as I'm pretty sure Tuna wouldn't let anyone's agent crawl around his team 's area in the middle of a game. But then this yet another sign that Phillips inherited someone else's hard work rather than building it himself. I know that doesn't seem much but when you compound it with many of his comments and antics over the season, I think you're seeing the same behavior he did with both San Francisco and Philadelphia (albeit slightly slower due to his time with Parcells) I think you'll find that with Phillips lack of disciplinary atmosphere that Tuna always carried, he's going to keep testing how much of his usual B-S he can get away with until he starts tearing the team apart again. I think we'll find find that while this injury is going to slow him down, it's not going to stop him fully. And when Romo is finding other targets to throw to, he'll become a bigger pain in the rear.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Chicago please beat green bay. i don't care how but please do so. Its not asking too much, as I ask for is a win. please.

somethings from the win though:

Matt Moore is probably going to be a really good qb. I think dallas was silly to let him go. Might have a qb controversy soon if he continues to play well.

Julius Jones is done as a cowboy. Tuna might sign him in Miami though. Barber has cemented himself as the number 1 back. its evident by the fact hes going to the pro bowl and yet isn't even the starter. i'm really impressed how this guy plays and i think is a far better back than julius is.

if chicago can put together a team that resembles something of a professional team and take GB by surprise, then i look for dallas to rest players like Romo, TO, barber etc. Especially the ones nicked up with injuries. They'll probably start but i really see them resting them like midway or so. i don't see wade injuring romo, TO farther than they have to be.

The panthers need to make the blue alt the regular jersey. i don't see panther games that often so i really don't pay much attention to them but i now see why there is a cult movement of getting the blues as the primary.

Well this is a sure sign this team isn't run by Parcells as I'm pretty sure Tuna wouldn't let anyone's agent crawl around his team 's area in the middle of a game. But then this yet another sign that Phillips inherited someone else's hard work rather than building it himself. I know that doesn't seem much but when you compound it with many of his comments and antics over the season, I think you're seeing the same behavior he did with both San Francisco and Philadelphia (albeit slightly slower due to his time with Parcells) I think you'll find that with Phillips lack of disciplinary atmosphere that Tuna always carried, he's going to keep testing how much of his usual B-S he can get away with until he starts tearing the team apart again. I think we'll find find that while this injury is going to slow him down, it's not going to stop him fully. And when Romo is finding other targets to throw to, he'll become a bigger pain in the rear.

i've long said that this was tuna's team and not wades. wade is a beneficiary of parcells groceries. its not surprising what they are doing this year, they were on the verge of it last season. I think they easily could have gone deep last year if not for tuna's anal retinative approach to the game. tuna did a hell of a job building this team but his coaching was out of date. i don't even know if its even wade doing such a great job as it is that the team is making him look better than he really is. Teams can make a coach look really good or really silly. defense is some of a concern of mine; he [wade] was brought in to help fix this defense and i'm not convinced this defense is much better than it was last year. it in fact disturbs me to a degree, theres alot of draft picks high round ones at that invested in that and alot of money spent on fixing this thing, and yet i don't know if i am seeing the improvement i expect out of them.

as for TO, thats to be expected. he does have to get to a point that wrecking teams is not in his best interest if he wants to win a SB or be on another team. because if he wrecks the cowboys, he ain't getting signed by anyone else. not teams that are legit contenders. he needs to straiten his ass up and just do what he does best and stop running his mouth when Hurd gets a catch more than him.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The Falcons probably just gave their best effort of the year...

and lost. At this point I really don't care. Just as long as they give it their all. That's all I ask.

Yes, they gave it their all.... including the win to the Cardinals....

I saw, I came, I left.

Chicago please beat green bay. i don't care how but please do so. Its not asking too much, as I ask for is a win. please.

How does it feel for wishes to come true? MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Eh Both my Christmas wishes got shot down. lets just say 15-0 :wacko: and damn 49ers! :cursing:

Hey...ease up on that second one there, pal. Yes, I know our team lost, but bear in mind that since the Buccaneers accomplished their regular season goal last week, Gruden pretty much pulled most of if not every key player from the game late in the first half. So really...this game was more or less a "throw-away" game in the grander scheme of things (for the Bucs, that is).

BUT...if it makes you feel better, and if you're one for moral victories, then there's this nugget: the backup QB, Luke McCown, and an offense chock full of backups and their backups came came THISCLOSE to tying that game up at the end there. Had Clayton gotten down in the end zone (damn shame how full of promise he was in his rookie year, and look at him now), it woulda been a tie game and TB probably could have even won the thing in OT.

Heh well...I still say TB is a dark horse to look out for in the NFC playoffs...and I still think they'll end up drawing the NY Giants down in Tampa in the wild-card round.

If the Redskins can pull some miracle off next Sunday, they'll be visiting ethier sunny Seattle or balmy East Rutherford.

Nope, If Washington wins they go to Seattle or Tampa. The Giants are a wild card also, and will go to the other of Seattle/Tampa.

saBS.png

Archived