Minnesota Gophers football in all gold unis

spyboy1

The Gophers are decked out in a frightening all gold (ultra bright) uniform, pants (with no stripes at all) and jerseys. They still have their maroon helmets but, man, it's the hardest thing to look at. When those defensive linemen bend over, it's just not good. This isn't some sort of subdued New Orleans Saints gold, this is screaming, shiny yellow gold.

Pics to follow, but you really don't want to see them.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I just flipped to the game and....

MY EYES!!!! IT BURNS!!!!!

*flips back to Florida-Auburn*

I guess they were trying to blind OSU as a competitive advantage. It didn't appear to be working, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

fullj.getty-76718394jg001_ohio_state_v_.jpg

You see OSU's, one of the best unis in all of college football, then you see the Minnesota Gophers (presented by Heinz Mustard) wearing THAT. OSU drubbed them on the field of play and looks.

Although it's bad, it still isn't worse than this,

oregon-uniform-2006-las-vegas-bowl.jpg

this,

oregon-uniform-2006-ucla.jpg

or even this.

oregon-uniform-2000-holiday-bowl.jpg

Sense a pattern? ^_^

Notice the Fightin' Gopher standing still as the opponent runs by unencumbered. Sheesh.

It's one thing to go all Screamin' Gold, but for heaven's sake, give us some stripes down the pants and on the sleeves. Somethin' to break up the fact they look like effin' bananas with helmets. It didn't need to be that bad. If only they would have broken it up with some maroon and white traditional stripes.

Man that's bad. Embarrassing too.

Still not Oregon neon yellow makes-me-angry-it's-so-stupid-bad, but something I never hope to see again as long as I live bad.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Notice the Fightin' Gopher standing still as the opponent runs by unencumbered. Sheesh.

um....dont you notice the endline in the picture? or the letters right next to his feet, indicating he's in the endzone?

i am gald i was at the bar and there screens arent the brightest or i couldnt have watched watched this game.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I had no idea these uniforms existed...don't know whether any of you did.

But it would be interesting to see how the thread would have gone had they not worn yellow pants. I think the jersey itself is very sharp. They just needed maroon pants. It's awful with the yellow pants.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived