2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You see, this is EXACTLY why I think that this series is going to hurt the progress of the NHL. Now I'm not saying the sky is falling, but seeing the Been There Done That team just throttle the New Exciting Super-Kids definitely won't help bring in many new fans.

I wouldn't call the Red Wings a been there done that team. They last won the cup 6 years ago, and many of their players have never won a cup.

Wow, I have more faith than some Pens fans? I've always been an optimist, though.

And maybe it's because I've only been able to watch about 30 minutes total of the two combined games so far, so I don't really know how bad it's gone for the Pens...but it's 2-0...if the Pens win at home on Wednesday, they're back in it...and they'll have momentum for Saturday, and who knows, it could be all tied up.

You see, this is EXACTLY why I think that this series is going to hurt the progress of the NHL. Now I'm not saying the sky is falling, but seeing the Been There Done That team just throttle the New Exciting Super-Kids definitely won't help bring in many new fans.

Good... Go Wings.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The last series to start with the home team completely shutting out the visitors in Games 1 and 2 winded up going 7 games.

So take from that what you will.

New Jersey still won the series, and Anaheim's first two wins were in OT, so it was very close to being over in 4 or 5 games. I think the Swedes will get the sweep here.

Since the game ended last night, I went from doom-and-gloom-the-end-is-near pessimism to somewhat wishfully optomistic...

...the way I see it is, all the pens need to do is score the first goal tomorrow night, and score it early. Get the crowd more behind it then they already will be, especially if they manage to score even more goals. If they play with a lead, impose their style of play, make the crowd go nuckin futs, then they can win game 3. With a win in game 3, being at home again with that kind of momentum could lead to a better win in game 4. Next thing you know, youre riding a huge wave back to Detroit in an even series. Form there, they can either win game 5 and, dare I say, possibly win in all at home. Or, lose closesly, go back home, still with confidence, and force a game 7, from which anything can happen...

...either way, its far better than getting dispatched in 4 or 5....which I still fear will probably happen.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Since the game ended last night, I went from doom-and-gloom-the-end-is-near pessimism to somewhat wishfully optomistic...

...the way I see it is, all the pens need to do is score the first goal tomorrow night, and score it early. Get the crowd more behind it then they already will be, especially if they manage to score even more goals. If they play with a lead, impose their style of play, make the crowd go nuckin futs, then they can win game 3. With a win in game 3, being at home again with that kind of momentum could lead to a better win in game 4. Next thing you know, youre riding a huge wave back to Detroit in an even series. Form there, they can either win game 5 and, dare I say, possibly win in all at home. Or, lose closesly, go back home, still with confidence, and force a game 7, from which anything can happen...

...either way, its far better than getting dispatched in 4 or 5....which I still fear will probably happen.

Game 3 is a must win

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Good to see Gary Roberts announcing his return to the lineup with an obvious attempt to re-concuss Franzen. Would expect nothing less from that class act.

If Franzen has a concussion or is still recovering from one he shouldn't be on the ice.

Good to see Gary Roberts announcing his return to the lineup with an obvious attempt to re-concuss Franzen. Would expect nothing less from that class act.

If Franzen has a concussion or is still recovering from one he shouldn't be on the ice.

It's still a cheap and dirty shot.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

More Stars signings.

The Dallas Stars locked up Trevor Daley for three more years Wednesday. Daley will be paid $6.9 Millions over those three years, or $2.3 million per year. The former Sault. Ste Marie Greyhound had 24 points during the 2007/08 season and played in all 82 games, one of only five Stars to do that.

Now back to your regular Stanley Cup talk.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

More Stars signings.
The Dallas Stars locked up Trevor Daley for three more years Wednesday. Daley will be paid $6.9 Millions over those three years, or $2.3 million per year. The former Sault. Ste Marie Greyhound had 24 points during the 2007/08 season and played in all 82 games, one of only five Stars to do that.

Now back to your regular Stanley Cup talk.

good resigning. he's a really understated member of that defense. he's not flashy or going to put up all world numbers but he really gets the job done in his own end.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived