2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

MY TV WENT DOWN!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ouch lol, that has to be the suckiest thing to happen, it's like your TV going out during the Super Bowl

The thing about the playoffs that really got to me, and the whole season for that matter, was interviewing the coaches mid-play. It's not necessary.

Also, did they shorten the benches just to make room for Pierre McGuire or any analyst in between both benches?

I always thought that there was always that space between both benches.

I thought in years past there was just a single sheet of plexi-glass. At least, that's the way it should be. No reason for him to be down at ice level, either.

Even so, what a seat that would be!

Edit: Well no better than front-row seats on the other side, I suppose. Besides the realism of the benches on both sides.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, if I was a Wings fan, I'd feel so hurt right now. They were half-a-minute away from winning the Cup, and now it's gotta go to another game.

Props to the Pens for manning up and getting it back to Pittsburgh. I'd be so hot though if the media gave all the credit to Crosby for this win somehow, he was definitely invisible.

Sykora who said he would get the game winner got it. The assist from Gonchar who came out of the training room for the Power Play a la Gibson!

I can see Pittsburgh winning this series. This will take a lot out of Detroit

So how many times are we going to get the "Gonchar is so courageous!" crap shoved down our throats?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

FINALLY I can sleep, and sleep well.

Perhaps I, and the rest of the hockey world, have written off this pens team too soon once again. I'll be at the igloo for game 6. It will be JUMPIN. A win there, and anything can happen back in Detroit.

NOTE: This game started when this thread was on its 66th page. When I posted this, it was on its 71st. Perhaps, the numbers do mean something.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

The thing that bugs me was that there were dozens of penalties before the 4 minute call, you either hide the whistle or you call everything you see. Which I guess is a lot to ask from someone refferee-ing a penguins game.

Oh please. A high stick that draws blood has to be called. Those other 3 penalties in OT were iffy, at best, but that one was a given.

The Wings will still win in Seven Games

This reminds me of 1994 and 2005

The Pens will have all the emotion on their side and win in Game 6, but two days off the Wings will get refocused come out and win in Game 7, but it will be a great series.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The thing that bugs me was that there were dozens of penalties before the 4 minute call, you either hide the whistle or you call everything you see. Which I guess is a lot to ask from someone refferee-ing a penguins game.

Oh please. A high stick that draws blood has to be called. Those other 3 penalties in OT were iffy, at best, but that one was a given.

It should be 2 minutes then. It shouldn't be 4 minutes just because there was blood. 2 minutes and suck it up. However, that point is irrelevant at this point, since the Penguins scored before that.

Anyway, Pens fans, listen to this carefully. Sergei Gonchar didn't win the game for you. Sidney Crosby didn't win for the game for you. Hell, Petr Sykora didn't win the game for you. Marc-Andre Fleury won the game for you.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It should be 2 minutes then. It shouldn't be 4 minutes just because there was blood. 2 minutes and suck it up. However, that point is irrelevant at this point, since the Penguins scored before that.

Anyway, Pens fans, listen to this carefully. Sergei Gonchar didn't win the game for you. Sidney Crosby didn't win for the game for you. Hell, Petr Sykora didn't win the game for you. Marc-Andre Fleury won the game for you.

No, it should've been 4 minutes. Just because it's a certain situation, that doesn't mean the rules change. Although, apparently, if you cry about obstruction penalties, you can get away with a bunch of them later in the series.

Archived