Colorado Rockies Concept

JamieRose

If they win the world series this year, they will never change their...interesting uniforms...

anyway, i had an idea and i'm beginning to run with it. I decided to go away from the purple, gray, and black they currently wear fro some more state-like colors (which turned into powder blue and maroon...), but they fit and i like the way it looked. So far I have the wordmarks and a cap logo, i want to get feedback on these before i start the uniforms..

RockiesWordmarks1.png

The wordmarks are Home, Road, and Alternate.

RockiesCap1.png

I realized after I made the cap logo that its basically a recolored cubs cap logo, so thats going to need to change most definately (even though the C came straight off the Colorado state flag).

anyway, i'd like some C&C, i want to make a really good concept out of this, but i want to make sure first that everythings good in the hood.

TDZiMMB.png

Stan Kroenke would be proud you chose those colors. But I'm not really feeling the Rockies here - you forgot the mountains! Honestly, this doesn't really do anything for me. I like the treatment of the type with the small caps, but really it's just a block script thats been arched, and a plain old C for a cap logo. Get some mountains in there, man!

OD_Signature.jpg

If they win the world series this year, they will never change their...interesting uniforms...

anyway, i had an idea and i'm beginning to run with it. I decided to go away from the purple, gray, and black they currently wear fro some more state-like colors (which turned into powder blue and maroon...), but they fit and i like the way it looked. So far I have the wordmarks and a cap logo, i want to get feedback on these before i start the uniforms..

RockiesWordmarks1.png

The wordmarks are Home, Road, and Alternate.

RockiesCap1.png

I realized after I made the cap logo that its basically a recolored cubs cap logo, so thats going to need to change most definately (even though the C came straight off the Colorado state flag).

anyway, i'd like some C&C, i want to make a really good concept out of this, but i want to make sure first that everythings good in the hood.

I love it. Would like to see uni's but I would keep the current CR that the Rockies have on the caps.

alright, time for an update?

Main Logo-

RockiesLogo.png

Home-

RockiesHome.png

Road-

RockiesRoad.png

Alternate-

RockiesHomeAlternate.png

Kinda fitting I guess. They just swept the Phillies, so why not look like the Phillies did the last time they won the World Series back in 1980.

nl_1980_philadelphia.gif

The colors you chose aren't bad, but you need to combine them in the uniform set a little better. And, in my own opinion, no powder blues. I personally don't like them, but I feel that if a team were to bring them back, it would almost have to be a team that wore them before. And seeing how the Rockies have never worn anything other than Black/Purple/ and Silver, I just don't see them wearing them. Plus, they would look WAY too much like the old Phillies.

Sorry man, not feeling this at all, if the Rockie did change to this, then that would make 3 teams in Denver with Maroon as a main color, and the color scheme looks just like the Colorado Rapids. I mean, it could work, but I would rather have the Rockies in Purple/Black/Silver or something more unique than this.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

theres absolutely no way the Rockies ever change from what theyve got now, if anything they need to emphasize purple more, the color scheme is modeled after the line "Purple Mountains Majesty" in America the Beautiful. but i see why youre doing what youre doing, getting some unity in Denvers teams like Pittsburgh has. but it just doesnt work. good try tho.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Sorry man, not feeling this at all, if the Rockie did change to this, then that would make 3 teams in Denver with Maroon as a main color, and the color scheme looks just like the Colorado Rapids. I mean, it could work, but I would rather have the Rockies in Purple/Black/Silver or something more unique than this.

Pittsburgh (black and yellow), LA (purple gold and black), New York (blue and orange). Those three cities are pretty consistent with color schemes and different sports. I personally like when teams do this.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

You know, the Rockies, for whatever reason, are slowly becoming one of those teams that you just cant change thier identity for any reason. I dont know why, but they are. The Rockies are my hometown team, because Utah is non-existent to the world of sports......anyway, my point is for the hometown reason I cant see them changing. Also, they are on a roll right now and if they win it all, they wont change it. The whole reason they have the color scheme they do is actually after a line everybody knows - For purple mountain majesties - That line is about the Rocky Mountains after which the Rockies are named after. So for that reason also, they just cant back off from what they have. Dont get me wrong I think it looks nice, but it wouldnt work for the Rockies ever.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Pittsburgh (black and yellow), LA (purple gold and black), New York (blue and orange). Those three cities are pretty consistent with color schemes and different sports. I personally like when teams do this.

I hate when teams attempt to do this. They need to create their own identity.

The Rockies colors are fine. They just need to use purple more. And for God's sake, we don't need yet another pro sports teams jumping on the light blue bandwagon.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I hate when teams attempt to do this. They need to create their own identity.

The Rockies colors are fine. They just need to use purple more. And for God's sake, we don't need yet another pro sports teams jumping on the light blue bandwagon.

I agree the Rox rocks in purple.

Ewww, no.

Maroon and powder blue works for some teams - the 1980s Phillies, Aston Villa... um, that's about it.

As has been said numerous times already, the team was named for the purple mountain's majesty. Maroon isn't purple. Purple should be the starting point here; where you go is up to you. Purple/forest green, purple/metallic gold, purple/silver... whatever. But maroon/powder bue isn't working.

This concept also failed to address one of the major flaws in the current Rockies' design: the monogram that mixes city/state and nickname. Tradition says to use the city/state monogram. Using the nickname for the monogram is a dreadful idea but has become tolerable to some. But mixing the 2 is bush league.

And no matter where this concept goes from here, light-colored brims are a bad idea. Hats get dirty and sweaty from being worn daily. But unlike jerseys or pants, they don't get washed daily. What major league team do you see wearing light-colored hats these days? The Mets were mocked for their white "ice cream man" hats. The gray road hat idea died a quick death. The Pirates traded gold for black over a decade ago. So why go with a powder blue brim, that will be caked with dirt, sweat and God knows what else by the first of May?

Sorry, but none of this is working for the Rockies. At all.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived