Casper Rockies now the Casper Ghosts

Dilbert

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a joke, right?

MAJOR downgrade. Meh on the logo. (Scares small children) Meh on the name...even if they were trying to be clever.

Besides, shouldn't the "Rockies" brand be on a high locally in light of what happened recently?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Groan

This is bad

thats what she said?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I like the name. Although its kinda a no brainer, its still clever.

I also like the wordmark, but the icon itself is just bad. With all the retro stuff going on, why not take advantage of the namesake and do a 50s style ghost holding a bat?

This could have been much better.

This sums it up well

"Casper the Friendly Ghost is wildly popular in Asia, so there's a lot of potential for overseas merchandising," explains Klein. "And he still has quite a following here in the U.S. as well, obviously." Haughian, as a result of his previous employer, has become acquainted with just how lucrative the international market can be.

next question, do people in asia care about a minor league team that only people in colorado care about. unless they are appealing to the kids that work in the sweatshops in china that have to make the Ghosts caps so we can sell it here at a cheap price.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

This sums it up well
"Casper the Friendly Ghost is wildly popular in Asia, so there's a lot of potential for overseas merchandising," explains Klein. "And he still has quite a following here in the U.S. as well, obviously." Haughian, as a result of his previous employer, has become acquainted with just how lucrative the international market can be.

next question, do people in asia care about a minor league team that only people in colorado care about. unless they are appealing to the kids that work in the sweatshops in china that have to make the Ghosts caps so we can sell it here at a cheap price.

Casper is in Wyoming, not Colorado.

"I'll take 'U.S. Geography' for $400, Alex."

Cards.png

This sums it up well

Geography aside, his point is germane. It's a flippin' rookie league team in Wyoming. I don't think folks in China will care about your team even with the rename. Especially since your logo looks nothing like Casper.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

IMO, renaming the Casper minor league baseball team from Rockies to Ghosts is the MOST RIDICULOUS SPORTS MARKETING MOVE IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS MARKETING MOVES since the Long Beach Armada was renamed... (you ready for this?) the Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of the United States of North America including Barrow, Alaska.

However, the bright side is that this was done fitting that today is Halloween.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I like the name and idea, but the execution could have been done better. The uniform wordmarks are nice, and the glow-in-the-dark idea is pretty cool, although impractical in an on-field situation.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This sums it up well

Geography aside, his point is germane. It's a flippin' rookie league team in Wyoming. I don't think folks in China will care about your team even with the rename. Especially since your logo looks nothing like Casper.

The Ghosts DO have some alternate logos with the real Casper the Friendly Ghost in them.

Sorry to say.

Such as? I don't see anything on their site.

I love the name, the wordmark is good, but the logo's just a mess. Too self-consciously tuff. A whimsical ghost swinging a bat (in the spirit, if you'll pardon the pun, of the old Miami Marlins) would have been so much better.

The glow-in-the-dark thing is interesting, and a fitting gimmick for the minor leagues. If only they can find a safe way to turn off the lights for a few minutes after a win....

"I think I can say with confidence that we'll be the first Minor League team that is looking forward to hearing lots of boos," remarked club CEO Kevin Haughian. "I originally wanted to be the Casper Weinbergers, but we figured no one would get it."

Okay, I like this guy.

Archived