Bulldogs in Black?

BlueSky

Ah, the Dawgs pulled a Notre Dame back in the 70s by warming up in the reds, going in the locker room, saying a prayer, turning off the lights, and the black jerseys were there.

This is the one of the rare teams that I could understand them pulling out a black alternate. Most of these other schools do it for the hell of it. At least black is a main color in UGA's color scheme. That, and it looks sharp. The numbers really pop. I like it.

This is one case where even though black is an official color for Georgia, it just doesn't work for me. To me Georgia is Red with touches of black. I guess it's one of those things, just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should. Are they bad? No, but it's just not Georgia. It's kind of like the Dolphins with their orange jerseys, they don't look bad, but it's just not them.

This is the one of the rare teams that I could understand them pulling out a black alternate. Most of these other schools do it for the hell of it. At least black is a main color in UGA's color scheme. That, and it looks sharp. The numbers really pop. I like it.

I agree.

fulljgetty77352076tl003ar0.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Classy, relevant (from their scheme), and clean.

I don't know if I'd want it as their primary, but I do like it.

Does have that retro Birds feel, and that's cool by me.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I do like this as well. It works better than most teams' black alternates because black is a more dominant color in their color scheme and for the simple fact that it just looks good. It's basic, clean, and ties in with their regular feel.

I was skeptical at first...particularly since Dawgs fans reacted so negatively when Georgia went with black facemaskes and a black helmet stripe for a bowl game in the 90s.

But this looked really sharp. I'm a huge UGA fan, and prefer them in red, but I would like to see this once a year in big games. Definitely changes the atmosphere.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived