Coolest college mascots

winghaz

Here are my picks, and my reasonings, for the top three college mascots -- the ones who show up at the games, that is:

1. Ralphie the Bison, Colorado. Reason: It's a real-live frickin' buffalo, and it they still have it run across the field with a bunch of guys guiding him.

2. The Nittany Lion, Penn State: Reason: He looks suave and he's a big crowd pleaser. But the big thing is the one-handed pushups followed by a backflip after each score.

3. Brutus the Buckeye, Ohio State. Reason: Who would have thought one could turn a buckeye into an animate object? Very cool.

Since I am on Ohio State fan I'll take Brutus out of the equation and pick the ones I like best outside my Alma Mater's mascot.

Suits...I'm all about the goofy with these.

1. Otto the Orange.

2. Bucky Badger.

3. Sebastian The Ibis

4. Albert Gator

5. The Stanford Tree.

Animals...

1. Smokey

2. Bevo

3. Mike The Tiger

4. Ralphie

5. UGA

BB52Big.jpg

Here are my picks, and my reasonings, for the top three college mascots -- the ones who show up at the games, that is:

1. Ralphie the Bison, Colorado. Reason: It's a real-live frickin' buffalo..

That's the exact reason why it's my #1. They have a real-live freakin Buffalo as a mascot. No guy dressed up in a stupid looking costume, they have the real thing. That's freaking awesome.

2. The Leprechaun (Just because I think that it's the coolest thing to see some random guy dressed up like a leprechaun.

3. Uga. The only mascot I know for whom the school tracks victories for each one (Uga I, II, III, etc.) That, and one Uga almost bit the leg off of one of Auburn's players one year.

4. Stanford Tree. Just because of the fact that even though this may be the wackiest mascot in D-1A right now, and the fact that you have to go through so much just to become the Tree, and if you become the Tree, you're automatically a campus legend there.

5. Brutus Buckeye. They took a chocolate covered nut (if that's what it is, idk.) and turned it into a real-live being. That's amazing.

5. Brutus Buckeye. They took a chocolate covered nut (if that's what it is, idk.) and turned it into a real-live being. That's amazing.

LOL. A buckeye is actually a nut from a buckeye tree. They got the name buckeye because they look like a deer's eye or "buck eye." Even if they were chocolate covered you still wouldn't want to eat one. They're poisonous. They're not lethal but from what I understand they'll make you wish you'd never eaten one should you decide to try one.

We do have a chocolate and peanut butter candy version of them and they are delicious. If you're ever in Ohio you should try the candy buckeyes.

This is what Brutus is supposed to represent.

buckeye-nuts-lg.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

LOL. A buckeye is actually a nut from a buckeye tree...We do have a chocolate and peanut butter candy version of them and they are delicious. If you're ever in Ohio you should try the candy buckeyes.

Ah, I knew it had something to do with chocolate. But still, Brutus is an awesome mascot.

I'm a big fan of Otto the Orange.

However, not so much of my school's mascots.

King Redoubt, the Alaskan malamute, is fitting:

535232.jpeg

Harry the Husky, however, looks more like a cougar than anything else:

harry.gif

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Disney needs to let them use Donald again:

duck.jpg

They do. This happened this season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sorry for being a homer here, but CavMan is awesome. They have a real live guy on a horse who rides out onto the field before the game:

208062809wzVPmb_th.jpg

And a costumed guy:

94540263FJKKmU_th.jpg

I apologize for the size (or lack thereof)

Another thing at UVa games that I think is really cool is the "Adventures of CavMan". It's a short little CG video where the opposing mascot (i.e. the VT Chokie) is causing trouble on campus, and CavMan kills him and rides to the stadium (after which, the live guy rides out).

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

I will add that my alma mater, Lehigh University, used to have the WORST mascot prior to the change to the "Mountain Hawk": The Lehigh Engineers used to have...drum roll...a TRAIN ENGINEER. Nothing like rallying for a 4th quarter comback behind the excited TRAIN ENGINEER trying to fire up the crowd with a "Whoop whoop...FULL STEAM AHEAD" cheer...

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

the thing at western kentucky

the red guy

hilarious

i saw him in spokane when they played eastern was 10 or so years ago

i couldnt stop laughing

and then the sportscenter commercial

where he(IT) CANT DECIDE WHICH BATHROOM TO USE

The guy on the horse at Florida State is a cool mascot

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I always thought the Ibis was a duck until I read this thread. Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry for being a homer here, but CavMan is awesome. They have a real live guy on a horse who rides out onto the field before the game:

208062809wzVPmb_th.jpg

And a costumed guy:

94540263FJKKmU_th.jpg

I apologize for the size (or lack thereof)

No problem, it looks better that way. You should try that with your sig.

Archived