Coolest college mascots

winghaz

You mean Chief Osceola. I was fortuante enough to see the current Osceola last ride at a home game yesterday at the Maryland game.

As for the horse, My uncle knew the guy whop owned the ranch where the raised the horses that go on to be Renegade. I say knew because my uncle passed away a few years ago and I'm not sure if it is the same guy now.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I will add that my alma mater, Lehigh University, used to have the WORST mascot prior to the change to the "Mountain Hawk": The Lehigh Engineers used to have...drum roll...a TRAIN ENGINEER. Nothing like rallying for a 4th quarter comback behind the excited TRAIN ENGINEER trying to fire up the crowd with a "Whoop whoop...FULL STEAM AHEAD" cheer...

Unless times have changed, I would think you are in the minority on this. Most of the oldtimers I know hate the Mountain Hawk. That being said, I will commend the Engineers/Brown-and-White/Packers/Engineers (again)/Mountain Hawks for apparently settling on one nickname and mascot. It has been a few years since the last change.

[cough] 21-17! [cough]

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Biased of course, but I have to say it's "Tiger", Auburn's War Eagle. Especially after you see his flight around the stadium:

eagle.jpg

tigerflight.jpg

eagle-flying.jpg

There's a statue honoring the "War Eagles" in front of the Basketball Arena:

130727040frhvRz_fs.jpg

Here's a youtube of War Eagle VI's final flight. Auburn's winningest Eagle complete with the pregame video they made in honor of her.

Yosef.jpg

Yosef, Appalachian State. Hunts Paladins, Catamounts, and Eagles. Likes to win national championships in his spare time.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

At basketball games, CMU has a guy dressed up as the Flying C logo. :blink:

The Flyin' C

As a CMU alum I was wondering If you could repost that pic/link.

Thanks!

Dan

CMU Alum? Dan? Could it be THE Thunder Dan?

That Appalachian State guy is flat-out awesome. He looks like if the Monopoly Guy(Uncle Pennybags or whatever) went homeless.

Oooh...I wish I had thought of this sooner:

Oh, you mean qualified persons taking on the long list of responsibilities that come with being Chief Illiniwek, one of which is wearing regalia adapted from authentic American Indian regalia and performing a dance adapted from American Indians. Adapting one cultures traditions to form traditions for another culture. It's what America is founded on.

Chief Illiniwek and all the great and respectful things he stood for will rise again. You can count on it.

Of course, this really has no place in a discussion about goofy caricatures being numbskulls on the sidelines.

I shouldn't have, I know, but I had to.

Here you go, from one CMU alum to another: :D

The Flyin' C Man

That is the greatest thing I've seen ever! How does he even see in that thing.

The Appalachian State is pretty good too. I also like Uga, the Stanford tree, the colorado buffalo, and the nittany lion.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived