Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Posted mostly for the jersey itself.

Tommy Salo on the Islanders

picture

and here's him on the Avs.

picture

To me, he will only ever look right in this.

picture

To me salo never looked right in an avs or oilers jersey. there again he had no business being in an Isles uniform to begin with even though i remember him most in an Isles uniform. Him and Soderstrom :puke:

Didn't Milbury reduce him to tears when he was with the Islanders?

something like that. don't remember the whole story though.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Posted mostly for the jersey itself.

Tommy Salo on the Islanders

picture

and here's him on the Avs.

picture

To me, he will only ever look right in this.

picture

To me salo never looked right in an avs or oilers jersey. there again he had no business being in an Isles uniform to begin with even though i remember him most in an Isles uniform. Him and Soderstrom :puke:

Didn't Milbury reduce him to tears when he was with the Islanders?

something like that. don't remember the whole story though.

"How bitter can the battle be? Ask Oilers goalie Tommy Salo. Five summers ago, when he was with the Islanders, he took the team to salary arbitration. Salo was coming off his first season as a No. 1; he appeared in 58 games and won 20 for the weak Isles.

Islanders G.M. Mike Milbury, as only Mad Mike can do, spewed vitriol against his budding goalie. In Milbury's mind, Salo's mental approach was suspect, and he was in danger of losing his job to a rookie the next season. Milbury also said Salo was one of the worst-conditioned athletes on the team, and his performance was inconsistent.

Salo was reduced to tears. He won 23 games the next season, but the relationship was never the same, and he was dealt to the Oilers in March 1999."

Link

I never knew about this story. Poor Tommy.

OttawaSenators.png

Derek Sanderson will always be a Bruin in my mind--and I'm not a Bruin fan.

(I detect some airbrushing as well...)

If you look closely at the Canucks card, it looks like the in the backround is wearing a Blues jersey.

Thus my comment about airbrushing.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Darryl Sittler should be a Leaf-

sittler.png

Cooperalls! :woot:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Cooperalls! :woot:

Making it a rare double wrong uniform.

Wrong for two reasons--the thought had occurred to me as well.

Here's a couple of Red Wings--although one of them is in an airbrushed uni-

park.png

snepts.png

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Don't recall seeing this Randy Johnson uniform in here.

Milwaukee+Brewers+v+San+Francisco+Giants+KkoV8a-WOG0l.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I almost forgot the Big Unit was a Giant to close out his career.

He won his 300th game as a Giant. For a Giants fan it was weird to see someone that we used to hate seeing on the mound, to rooting for him to get 300 wins

Tell me about it!!

gal_300pitchers_21.jpg

baltimore-ravens-priest-holmes-94-skybox-2000-molten-metal-nfl-football-trading-card-37941-p.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17