Flex Games?

Burkell007

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, um...lilben? Think it's about time to take that "FIRE DANNY AINGE" graphic outta your siggy? We...we do have KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, y'know. And...the Celts do have the best record in the NBA at 14-2... Just a thought. Carry on.

He must be unhappy they aren't 16-0.

Or that they have little depth.

Take your pick.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's good to know that the Patriots on Prime Time have maxed out.

Hopefully on December 16th, they bump Buffalo at Cleveland to SNF. Bills can be 7-6, Browns can be 8-5. Play-Off spot up for grabs! That's the type of game they need to try to schedule. I just don't know how much notice is needed.

I believe the contracts require 13 days advance notice (I know it's somewhere between 7-14), so while a switch might be a good idea, they probably should wait until the last minute possible to make it.

Yes, except for week 17, where I think they can wait until seven days in advance...I think they can even wait until all the week 16 games (except SNF and MNF) are done so they can see what games will be the best to flex.

As a stadium employee, we were told last season that the final game could be changed on 6 days notice. It was New Year's Eve, and we were dreading getting the night game. As it was, it still got the 4:15 slot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I do agree it doesn't seem to be showing the best games. the indy/jags game should have been the night game as well as the pitt/pats game. its all about doing a serve to the fans. which I thought was the main purpose of inventing the Flex schedule so the fans don't have to suffer through subpar primetime games.but like every other system out there, there will always be flaws.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I do agree it doesn't seem to be showing the best games. the indy/jags game should have been the night game as well as the pitt/pats game. its all about doing a serve to the fans. which I thought was the main purpose of inventing the Flex schedule so the fans don't have to suffer through subpar primetime games.but like every other system out there, there will always be flaws.

More than likely CBS froze the Pitt/NE game, and probably did the same for the Indy/Jax game.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

As much as I like the fact that I get to see the Colts game on primetime, I can't help thinking this isn't the best game this week. Heck, I would've rather had the Jets-Browns game on primetime, at least that one has playoff meaning for one of the teams. This game... the Ravens aren't going anywhere and the Colts have basically locked up the 2nd seed in the AFC.

Any guesses on which games get flexed in the last two weeks? Right now the games are Bucs-Niners (Week 16) and Chiefs-Jets (Week 17). Obviously NBC isn't stupid enough to keep either of these games on the air, but which ones take its place?

espnsig.gif

The best option as far as playoff implications is concerned is the Bills/Browns game next week. It's two natural rivals battling for the same playoff spot. If the Bills win, they have two more games to play for. If the Bills lose, they have no more playoff hopes and the Browns are basically in. As far as intrigue is concerned, that's the game I'd choose. However, the Bills stink up the joint the last time they were on NBC, so who knows?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The best option as far as playoff implications is concerned is the Bills/Browns game next week. It's two natural rivals battling for the same playoff spot. If the Bills win, they have two more games to play for. If the Bills lose, they have no more playoff hopes and the Browns are basically in. As far as intrigue is concerned, that's the game I'd choose. However, the Bills stink up the joint the last time they were on NBC, so who knows?

Washington @ New York's locked in, since IIRC you need to know 2 weeks in advance.

My Week 16 candidate is Houston @ Indianapolis

My Week 17 candidate is Detroit @ Green Bay

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As much as I like the fact that I get to see the Colts game on primetime, I can't help thinking this isn't the best game this week. Heck, I would've rather had the Jets-Browns game on primetime, at least that one has playoff meaning for one of the teams. This game... the Ravens aren't going anywhere and the Colts have basically locked up the 2nd seed in the AFC.

Any guesses on which games get flexed in the last two weeks? Right now the games are Bucs-Niners (Week 16) and Chiefs-Jets (Week 17). Obviously NBC isn't stupid enough to keep either of these games on the air, but which ones take its place?

With almost half the divisions already clinched and the others not that far from it, the best hope is to find a game where either a wild-card berth or home-field advantage in the first round is still at stake.

The thing is, I'm not sure very many games in week 17 that can be flexed (The Pats and Cowboys are maxed and the Colts are up to five appearances already) will have that kind of impact for both teams.

Pittsburgh-Baltimore and San Francisco-Cleveland could have meaning in the AFC north but none at all for the other two teams.

Detroit-Green Bay: And that's only if the Lions aren't eliminated before then.

Jacksonville-Houston: Houston's going to have to play really well the next few weeks for this to have much meaning.

Tennessee-Indy: Could only mean something to Tennessee...unless the Patriots suddenly trip up and give the Colts a chance to somehow clinch home field throughout the playoffs. Not very likely.

Buffalo-Philadelphia and St. Louis-Arizona will only mean something to one team.

Minnesota-Denver is the only game that's likely to have playoff implications for both teams, but both of them will have to keep winning. If either one slips up, there goes this one.

I get a feeling we're going to be seeing Tennessee-Indianapolis.

I think the possibility of the Green Bay game being Favre's last regular season game guarantees that it's the Flex game. We all need to hear John Madden verbally molest Favre for three hours one last time.

Washington at New York next week seems to make the most sense as well. It will give us a chance to relieve the Sean Taylor shooting all over again, and NBC probably can't help itself.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

We all need to hear John Madden verbally molest Favre for three hours one last time.

Even as a Packers fan, I found that funny.

But he's gotta molest someone... Aikman and Young have been retired for years.

The Patriots-Dolphins game on December 23 has been moved to a 4:15 start, per Flex Game scheduling.

Wouldn't it be just funny as hell if the Dolphins won?

Or, if after a 16-0-0 regular season and easy victories in the Divisional Playoffs and AFC title game, the Pats blow the Super Bowl to the Packers or Cowboys?

/not a Pats hater, just would love the irony

nav-logo.png

The Patriots-Dolphins game on December 23 has been moved to a 4:15 start, per Flex Game scheduling.

Wouldn't it be just funny as hell if the Dolphins won?

Or, if after a 16-0-0 regular season and easy victories in the Divisional Playoffs and AFC title game, the Pats blow the Super Bowl to the Packers or Cowboys?

/not a Pats hater, just would love the irony

I want to see it happen just to see ESPN go crazy. My beef has shifted from the Patriots to ESPN.

Oh whoopdy doo! Who's ready for a 62-7 blowout on national TV? Anyone?

And Skins-Vikes gets the nod for SNF...I'll look forward to seeing this one.

Yes! Should be a great game, playoff implications and all.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Oh whoopdy doo! Who's ready for a 62-7 blowout on national TV? Anyone?

And Skins-Vikes gets the nod for SNF...I'll look forward to seeing this one.

Yes! Should be a great game, playoff implications and all.

The fact that these two teams could finish 8-8-0 and at least one still make the playoffs, while an Buffalo or Tennessee could conceivably win 10 games and miss the playoffs makes me want to throw up a little.

nav-logo.png

Archived