NFL 2008--are there any jersey/logo changes pending?

wman

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the 1994 throwbacks? Buffalo went with a red helmet with a white buffalo outline...looked HORRIBLE.

I'm in favor of the Pats using the old "Pat Patriot"-era reds for an alternate. Sure beats the silver jersey...which just looks like a dirty white jersey on TV.

And am I the only one here who thinks the new, "modernized" NFL shield SUCK-DIDDLY-UCKS!? Keep what you have now, fercryinoutloud! :cursing:

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

It seems pretty unlikely that they would drop the black jersey and pants (especially since they chose to wear the black pants for both playoff games).

It would be great for them to do it, but I really doubt it will happen.

I think we can all agree something needs to be dropped from their set. I truly believe that that 3 pants and 3 jerseys are not necessary for any football team. I will say this: I happen to like the white jersey/black pants combo for road games. I also love the teal jersey/white pants at home.

My suggestion? Drop the teal pants. I've never been a huge fan of them, and I hate how they don't have any striping but the home pants do. I know, I know the black pants don't either, but at least they match the helmet so I give them a pass there. Logistically, I don't see them dropping the black jersey because of sales, but if they went white/teal/black jersey with white or black pants it could be pretty nice. Long as they stay away from all black. I only wanna see the black jersey with white pants.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

It seems pretty unlikely that they would drop the black jersey and pants (especially since they chose to wear the black pants for both playoff games).

It would be great for them to do it, but I really doubt it will happen.

I think we can all agree something needs to be dropped from their set. I truly believe that that 3 pants and 3 jerseys are not necessary for any football team. I will say this: I happen to like the white jersey/black pants combo for road games. I also love the teal jersey/white pants at home.

My suggestion? Drop the teal pants. I've never been a huge fan of them, and I hate how they don't have any striping but the home pants do. I know, I know the black pants don't either, but at least they match the helmet so I give them a pass there. Logistically, I don't see them dropping the black jersey because of sales, but if they went white/teal/black jersey with white or black pants it could be pretty nice. Long as they stay away from all black. I only wanna see the black jersey with white pants.

Uh, they never used teal pants. All they have are white and black pants.

BTW, Black pants are their road pants for 2007 so of course they wore them for both playoff games. They have been ever since they introduced them. They are the road pants.

IIRC, they do have a pair of teal pants in their official set, but they haven't actually worn them on the field. I'm pretty sure that Pantone posted them a while back.

You are right, they "officially" do but have never worn them and probably never will.

True, but KennyRock's point is that they're not needed and should be dropped from the set.

Yeah, but my point is they kind of already are. I mean hardly anyone has ever seen them in person. They dont exist until they see the light of day. Get what I'm saying?

Some of my thoughts:

49ers - I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers go back to their 80s era jerseys (or something similar). Nolan has mentioned this, and several sites are reporting it's likely to happen this year. We'll see.

Saints - I think New Orleans might be coming out with something new. I believe the GM mentioned this in an interview before this season.

Buffalo - *sigh* At this point I would be happy if they trotted out in Penn State uniforms. Before the 2002 season, there was a logo that appeared on a gumball decal set (and it seemed to be legit) of an updated Bills logo. I think this helmet would go well with the throwback jerseys they are wearing now.

newdecalsdm1.th.jpg

Jaguars - I think in one of the segments of "Ask Vic" on their website, he hinted at the Jags bringing more color into their jerseys. If you ask me, this might be a good time to update their uniforms just a bit.

Dolphins - Last year there was a rumor of them going back to a throwback look (along with a chargers change) and only 1 of them were true. maybe this year we'll see some modifications.

One other note. There seems to be a growing trend of teams creating a 3rd set of pants to incorporate into their uniform scheme. Currently the Titans, Texans, Browns, Jaguars, Broncos, Rams, Falcons and Chargers all have 3 sets of pants listed in their style guides. Who knows, maybe we'll see a Navy Seahawks, Black Panthers, Silver Eagles, Red Bucs, or Orange Bengals.

My .02 about the Jags?

Teal is the color BY WHICH YOU ARE IDENTIFIED. Why foul that up in the name of "trendy" and "popular"?

And to piggyback off what someone said about the Marlins and the gradual reduction of Marlin Blue in their scheme and the similarities between that and what's been going on with the Jags the past couple years...I never thought of it like that before, but damn is it true.

But yeah...I would hope that the Jags would at least go back to TEAL numerals. Even if they choose to keep the black pants (which by themselves are okay)..can we just get the teal numbers back, please???

And about the Saints...I myself have heard rumblings about a possible uniform revamp down in the Big Easy. If so...it'd be interesting to see what it is they come up with.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just as long as the Patriots and Steelers are not included, it will be fine. Those two teams should NEVER, EVER, EVER change their uniforms (especially the Steelers -- one of the most classic, timeless looks in all of team sports).

I hope you're referring to their pre-90's 'modernization,' and not the font-stylized :censored: they wear today.

i never realized that the steelers had block numbers on their jersey before 1997.

well, i subconciously knew but i never thought about them having it during the early 90's

i grew up seeing the steelers in the italic numbers.

That's so sad I don't know where to begin...

nav-logo.png

Y'know, you bring up an interesting idea: Making the Browns' helmets metallic. Hmmmm...that would be interesting. Not sure how it would look, but may spice it up a bit without completely losing the classic look.

I'm sure how it would look, as the NFL at one time marketed metallic versions of all NFL team helmets. It'd look like :censored: .

In Buffalo's case, they need to dump the red helmets and either go back to white or adopt a different color (blue or silver). Joe Ferguson's been gone for 20+ years, so there's no need to keep the red in the helmets anymore.

Actually the Browns helmet was the "dazzle" or "pearl" finish for about 2-3 years prior to last year's change back to plain orange. While not the "metalic" or "chrome" finish (like the Giants) it did have a bit of sparkle to it like Green Bay's current yellow helmets.

You're referring to their on-field helmet; I'm referring to a different one. The NFL briefly marketed each team's helmet metallicized. Most actually didn't look that bad, but the Browns and, oddly enough, the Steelers, each looked like :censored:.

nav-logo.png

Detroit Lions: as long as Matt Millen is there, black will be part of the uniform.

I can't understand why that man still has a job. He took a perennial playoff team and turned them into a laughingstock.

You could see it that way, or you could look at it as elevating the Bears, Packers and Vikings!

nav-logo.png

Archived