NFL 2008--are there any jersey/logo changes pending?

wman

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard before that the Jags were flirting with the idea of having their colors being Black and the Tan color they have now as trim on the away jerseys and the logo. But I'm all in favor of more Teal. Teal numbers on the aways and Teal socks with the current Black pants would look nice. I would try to make the home Whitepants the same as the road Black pants and have them be stripeless with the Jag head logo on the hip.

This from the "way back" machine.

jags.jpg

I love those uniforms. I was going to say it was unique, but the Bucs wear a tan-ish, gold colored pants. Looks great with black though.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

The Bucs?

071230_darby0001.jpg080106_graham02.jpg

That's pewter. More steely gray than gold or tan. I know that it looks goldish in some light (and is inexplicably colored gold in some graphics), but surely it's distinct enough to allow the Jags, who don't even play in the same conference, to wear gold pants.

I love that black and tan combination.

I have to say , that Black and Gold combo looks good , I wouldnt mind seeing it but for the life of me why do the Jags have Teal pants if they don't use them I would really like to see a all teal day sometime around . I am also one that misses the black pants with stripes , but they needed more white in them so they could go well with the white pants .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Well, Parcells was responsible for restoring the great Jets' uniforms, so he's got a track record there.

I seem to recall reading a newspaper article which said that the Dolphins were not changing their logo after all, although I can't remember if the team said the original report was false or that they had considered a change but rejected it.

Well, Parcells was responsible for restoring the great Jets' uniforms, so he's got a track record there.

Meh. He's 1-1, since he was also responsible for the garish and unnecessary (IMHO) changes to the Pats' uniforms.

I've made my peace with Flying Elvis, but I pine for Pat Patriot and the red uniforms ...

Meh. He's 1-1, since he was also responsible for the garish and unnecessary (IMHO) changes to the Pats' uniforms.

I've made my peace with Flying Elvis, but I pine for Pat Patriot and the red uniforms ...

The initial royal blue version of the post Patriot Pat uniform era was a bit garish, but the current set are a huge upgrade over all other uniforms. I've never understood the rationale of having a team named the "Patriots" wearing all red jerseys. The English army wore all red uniforms, while the American colonists wore various grey and blue garb. So it seems much more fitting and accurate to have a team named the 'Patriots' wearing navy and grey (silver) than red.

Thats my biggest pet peeve about the old unis. Not to mention the fact that I completely hated the Pat Patriot character. He looked horrible on a helmet, and equally horrible as a stand alone logo. It looked way too dated and way too 70's/80's for my liking.

I'd like to see the following for the rumored teams:

Saints: I've always thought a gold primary jersey would look much better than the current black ones.

Bills: They need a change bad. I'd like to see sort of an retro meets modern look. The throwback jerseys look nice, but I think the old buffalo is too dated to use now. The concept someone post earlier with the white helmets, blue jerseys, and updated buffalo looks really nice. They should use something similar.

Jaguars: I hate how they've dropped teal so much and picked up black and tan. It doesn't really look good IMO. I'd like to see more teal or another shade of green. Maybe even teal/green helmets (I'm not sure how that'd look, just thought it might be different and cool looking).

The initial royal blue version of the post Patriot Pat uniform era was a bit garish, but the current set are a huge upgrade over all other uniforms. I've never understood the rationale of having a team named the "Patriots" wearing all red jerseys. The English army wore all red uniforms, while the American colonists wore various grey and blue garb. So it seems much more fitting and accurate to have a team named the 'Patriots' wearing navy and grey (silver) than red.

Not blue and gray. Buff.

Like this:

22.jpg

Okay, more like this:

George%20Washington%201782%20painting.jpg

:D

Besides, when did anybody last see a blue and orange bear? Bears don't wear orange, hunters wear orange.

Not blue and gray. Buff.

Like this:

22.jpg

Okay, more like this:

Besides, when did anybody last see a blue and orange bear? Bears don't wear orange, hunters wear orange.

You should have seen the smile on my face completely disappear as I scrolled down and saw Washington by his horse. LOL!

Thanks for ruining a moment.

I've actually wondered where the hell they came up with orange and navy. I've heard that it was borrowed from the Illini colors, but why wouldn't the Cubs had followed suit? Wasn't their name derived from the Bears? They're blue and red.

:wacko:

I woudn't mind seeing an alternate logo in which Flying Elvis is given a body to create an equivilent to Pat the Patriot.

I've actually wondered where the hell they came up with orange and navy. I've heard that it was borrowed from the Illini colors, but why wouldn't the Cubs had followed suit? Wasn't their name derived from the Bears? They're blue and red.

Ive always understood it to be the exact opposite actually.

Back in those early days it was commonplace for a city to give its pro teams all the same name (New York had both football and baseball Giants AND football and baseball Yankees, all Pittsburgh teams were called Pirates). I believe it was the original idea for Chicago's NFL team to take the same name as its baseball team, that being the Cubs.

If I read correctly, I believe it was George Halas who said "football players are bigger than baseball players (debatable nowadays of course), so if baseball players are Cubs, then football players should be Bears".

and I think you're right about the orange and navy coming from U of Illinois.

Not blue and gray. Buff.

Like this:

22.jpg

Okay, more like this:

You should have seen the smile on my face completely disappear as I scrolled down and saw Washington by his horse. LOL!

Thanks for ruining a moment.

No, the Bears' name was derived from the Cubs. The Cubs' started playing in the 1876. The Bears started in 1921. Halas took the Bears colors from his alma mater, the University of Illinois. He took the name from the Cubs because they both played in the same park. I believe he said something along the lines of football being tougher than baseball, and it took men to play, so they were grown up cubs.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The report about the uni change popped up after Cameron was hired, IIRC, and was something commissioned by the Fins' front office. As for the possibility of going retro, that's the wish of some fans but isn't based on even solid rumors. Also, Parcels has nothing to do with the uni/logo change (it's already in NFL hands if the report is true) and will have nothing to do with it.

cttdolphins2.png

The Bears took their colors from the Illini and their name from the Cubs. Maybe if they had better influences, they'd have won more games.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've never understood the rationale of having a team named the "Patriots" wearing all red jerseys. The English army wore all red uniforms, while the American colonists wore various grey and blue garb.

Actually, didn't the minutemen wear just about anything? Maybe that's a new trend - just send the guys out there in a mixture of jerseys, t-shirts, sweatpants - just like your backyard game!

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived