NFL 2008--are there any jersey/logo changes pending?

wman

The Redskins should be added to this list, even if their official color is burgundy. Burgundy is still a shade of red, last time I checked....although Redskins fans will be quick to correct you if you say RED and Gold.

I agree that red is unique, but I doubt they'll stick with it. I think if they took the jumping Buffalo and changed it from blue to white, removed the streak and slapped it on a red helmet there might be something there. Other than that I can't imagine any other type of logo that would work on a red helmet.

Yeah I probably should've included Washington considering I included the Giants and Seattle with their unique shades of blue.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If theres a team that looks dated and needs a complete overhaul its definitely the Panthers. They look like hot gah-bage out there - and the Carolina blue they rock is way too teal for me.

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

If theres a team that looks dated and needs a complete overhaul its definitely the Panthers. They look like hot gah-bage out there - and the Carolina blue they rock is way too teal for me.

That might be because its not technically 'Carolina Blue', it is a similar shade....but not 'Carolina Blue'.

Bills need to go back to this style

Panthers need to ditch the light blue and use silver pants on their white unis

Bengals need to go back to these with their current helmets

Broncos should go back to these and make their current helmet work with it somehow

Dolphins should ditch the teal and go to navy blue

Eagles should go back to the old green and silver

Seahawks should go back to the classics with the modernized logo

thats just my opinion

That might be because its not technically 'Carolina Blue', it is a similar shade....but not 'Carolina Blue'.

There's really no "Yellow" of "Green" in the Panthers' Blue...so I would really have to disagree that it looks like Teal. Here's the color they use for printing, and the one they use for fabrics:

CarolinaPanthersBlue_SOL.jpgCarolinaPanthersBlue_TEX.jpg

Bills need to go back to this style

Panthers need to ditch the light blue and use silver pants on their white unis

Bengals need to go back to these with their current helmets

Broncos should go back to these and make their current helmet work with it somehow

Eagles should go back to the old green and silver

Seahawks should go back to the classics with the modernized logo

thats just my opinion

What era are you from??? The 60s? 70s? A lot of the uniforms all looked the same back then not really setting the identities of teams aside from each other.

Let me help you out here:

Panthers need to ditch keep the light blue and use silver pants on their white unis (I do agree w/ this statement)

Bengals DO NOT need to go back to these with their current helmets. Their currents unis are ok. The side panels are the only thing thats unnecessary.

Broncos should'NT go back to these and make their current helmet work with it somehow. Maybe switch to current unis to the orange but not with that old design. Maybe the current orange unis w/ the current away bottoms would look good.

"Dolphins should ditch the teal and go to navy blue." Hmmm....???? I don't know about w/ the excess of teams currently using navy blue

Eagles should go back to the old green and silver Maybe tone down on the darkness of the team colors. Maybe not midnight green. Probably Forest/Mint Green. Maybe not that dark gray...probably silver. But not that old kelly green or the old design.

Seahawks should go back to the classics with the modernized logo. Things are called classics for a reason and thats because they are of and belong to the past. As for the colors...well...I dunno. If they can make it look good, sure, why not?

But just as you said, this is just my opinion.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

What era are you from??? The 60s? 70s? A lot of the uniforms all looked the same back then not really setting the identities of teams aside from each other.

That's exactly what I thought. Dude wanted to go wayyyyyyyy back...

On that same note, its 2007. Everything changes. Look at the design of automobiles, clothes, technology. BUT there are teams that shouldn't change just because they've had the same design for forever. Cleveland, GB, etc. Teams like the Vikings, Saints, Cardinals, Broncos, who never really had success in old unis should change.

LAKERS | BRONCOS | GOLDEN BEARS | PAC-12 FOOTBALL

I'm no expert, but there are a few minor changes I'd like to see:

Cowboys - make the pants match the helmet

Patriots - lose the red facemasks, change them to navy

Steelers - go back to the block style numbers on the jerseys

Titans - the number font isn't really working anymore

Ravens - make the black jerseys the fulltime home jersey and wear them with white pants. Never wear the black leotard pants again!

Buffalo and Cincinnati are such god-awful messes that pretty much anything they do aside from adding pink to their color scheme could be considered an improvement.

I think there are some teams that look great, have always looked great, and should never change: Green Bay, Chicago, Kansas City, Oakland, Indianapolis, Washington

I'd heard rumors that maybe the Jaguars may dump the green jersey and may go black full-time and the Saints was going to be wearing black helmet with the gold logos.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

In Buffalo's case, they need to dump the red helmets and either go back to white or adopt a different color (blue or silver). Joe Ferguson's been gone for 20+ years, so there's no need to keep the red in the helmets anymore.

Sure there is. It's called uniqueness. Six teams currently wear white helmets (ARZ, IND, MIA, NYJ, SD, TEN). Six teams currenttly wear blue helmets (CHI, DEN, HOU, NYG, SEA, STL). And five teams currently wear silver helmets (CAR, DAL, DET, NE, OAK).

The Bills are one of only two teams that wear red helmets (Kansas City being the other). Oddly enough, those are the only two teams left with white facemasks. The Bills need to stick with red!

Thank you thank you thank you! This is what I have been saying for the longest time. But some people are so stubbornly set on tradition that "nothing but a white Bills helmet is acceptable" <_< .

It is just more resonable that they stick with a red helmet. Go throwback with the uni if you must, but the helmet MUST BE RED.

In Buffalo's case, they need to dump the red helmets and either go back to white or adopt a different color (blue or silver). Joe Ferguson's been gone for 20+ years, so there's no need to keep the red in the helmets anymore.

I wouldn't be opposed to the Bills using the throwbacks all the time but instead of the standing buffalo on the helmet they can use the running buffalo.

Aw hell....Why not wear the unis they wore when Joe Cribbs was around?

CribbsBuf.jpg

The Bills need to bring back the white helmet with the current logo. The jersey set from the late 70s to the early 80s are sweet!

I'd heard rumors that maybe the Jaguars may dump the green jersey and may go black full-time and the Saints was going to be wearing black helmet with the gold logos.

I think the Green teal jersey with the white pants is a potentially classic look. It'd be criminal if they wear black all the time.

First of all, it's Aqua. Teal is the primary color of the other AFC team in Florida. Second, why on God's green Earth would Miami ditch one of its original colors for their highlight color? That makes no sense whatsoever and Navy is already overused as a primary color anyway.

cttdolphins2.png

I have heard from local sources that the oppisite is happening. I heard they are adding more teal to the away uniforms. Making the numbers back to the old. Also heard they may be dropping the black pants and black jerseys. Ofcourse, I can not confirm this, just hearsay.

Archived