NFL 2008--are there any jersey/logo changes pending?

wman

My .02 about the Jags?

Teal is the color BY WHICH YOU ARE IDENTIFIED. Why foul that up in the name of "trendy" and "popular"?

Isn't that why they're teal to begin with? Because it was trendy and popular in 1995.

This exchange got a hearty laugh outta me. So true. But they do need to go back to teal #'s on the away jerseys.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm going to add my insight on this , I work someone that works in the marketing office for Jacksonville 3 days a week and we got into this convo , because of the fact I'm a big fan of the Away Jerseys with all the Black but in change I like the Classic home with the Teal top and White pants .

Anyway's the point of are convo was why didn't we wear those damn teal pants since we have them .

Well take it for what it is this is all 3rd person I want to know more for sure , but he said Vance is the one that ordered the black Uniforms with Weavers ok they were looking for more marketability well after Shack and Jack got to screw with it , Jack wanted the team to look tough with no doubt and Shack wanted to incorporate the Black as much as possible , that's as to one of the reason the numbers with changed and a few years ago we were wearing Black pants at home as much as possible , and form what my coworker said Shack was sooo obsessed with the black he went to wayne to put a app in to change to the Black unis full time , because Jack didn't want neither did Vance or Clark so Shack tried going over them to weaver and was denied and form what he was told and Weaver gave Jack full control of the uniforms and he said there is supposed to be either a updated uniform coming with more teal and a new color just more or more teal . So it's a wait and see at this point if this is confusing I'm sorry But IM trying to find more out about this for 100% .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Well take it for what it is this is all 3rd person I want to know more for sure , but he said Vance is the one that ordered the black Uniforms with Weavers ok they were looking for more marketability well after Shack and Jack got to screw with it , Jack wanted the team to look tough with no doubt and Shack wanted to incorporate the Black as much as possible , that's as to one of the reason the numbers with changed and a few years ago we were wearing Black pants at home as much as possible , and form what my coworker said Shack was sooo obsessed with the black he went to wayne to put a app in to change to the Black unis full time , because Jack didn't want neither did Vance or Clark so Shack tried going over them to weaver and was denied and form what he was told and Weaver gave Jack full control of the uniforms and he said there is supposed to be either a updated uniform coming with more teal and a new color just more or more teal .

One sentence right here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My .02 about the Jags?

Teal is the color BY WHICH YOU ARE IDENTIFIED. Why foul that up in the name of "trendy" and "popular"?

Isn't that why they're teal to begin with? Because it was trendy and popular in 1995.

This exchange got a hearty laugh outta me. So true. But they do need to go back to teal #'s on the away jerseys.

OKAY...YOU GOT ME!!! :D

Yeah...I was referring to the black-out cop-out movement of more recent years. But yeah...you absolutely right about teal being "trendy" in '95. But, to the Jaguars' credit, at least it's also unique to them (among the NFL, that is). Now...as for their cat brethren up in NC...did anyone ever determine where that color truly came from? I mean...I remember seeing it before the Panthers were introduced (in my Crayola box, as cerulean...a darker version of the Ericcson cellphone blue they have--the phone from which I first believed that got the inspiration for that color in the first place, hence my name for it).

And if there's one team that needs a change...THAT'S THE ONE.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This may be a reach, but at the Saints online store they have this woman's jersey under the caption "Start 2008 in Style". The design isn't their current jersey, so I wonder if it's a peek at a new look? Then again, it may have been up for sale all season and I never noticed it.

http://www.neworleanssaintsteamshop.com/pr...php?imageid=589

I saw that too, had the same thought, but went to nflshop.com and saw the same design for several other teams. It's just a fashion design.

p3742983reg.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well I'm going to add my insight on this , I work someone that works in the marketing office for Jacksonville 3 days a week and we got into this convo , because of the fact I'm a big fan of the Away Jerseys with all the Black but in change I like the Classic home with the Teal top and White pants .

Anyway's the point of are convo was why didn't we wear those damn teal pants since we have them .

Well take it for what it is this is all 3rd person I want to know more for sure , but he said Vance is the one that ordered the black Uniforms with Weavers ok they were looking for more marketability well after Shack and Jack got to screw with it , Jack wanted the team to look tough with no doubt and Shack wanted to incorporate the Black as much as possible , that's as to one of the reason the numbers with changed and a few years ago we were wearing Black pants at home as much as possible , and form what my coworker said Shack was sooo obsessed with the black he went to wayne to put a app in to change to the Black unis full time , because Jack didn't want neither did Vance or Clark so Shack tried going over them to weaver and was denied and form what he was told and Weaver gave Jack full control of the uniforms and he said there is supposed to be either a updated uniform coming with more teal and a new color just more or more teal . So it's a wait and see at this point if this is confusing I'm sorry But IM trying to find more out about this for 100% .

Please return to this thread when you learn to form thoughts at a third-grade level or higher.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Y'know, you bring up an interesting idea: Making the Browns' helmets metallic. Hmmmm...that would be interesting. Not sure how it would look, but may spice it up a bit without completely losing the classic look.

I'm sure how it would look, as the NFL at one time marketed metallic versions of all NFL team helmets. It'd look like :censored: .

In Buffalo's case, they need to dump the red helmets and either go back to white or adopt a different color (blue or silver). Joe Ferguson's been gone for 20+ years, so there's no need to keep the red in the helmets anymore.

Actually the Browns helmet was the "dazzle" or "pearl" finish for about 2-3 years prior to last year's change back to plain orange. While not the "metalic" or "chrome" finish (like the Giants) it did have a bit of sparkle to it like Green Bay's current yellow helmets.

You're referring to their on-field helmet; I'm referring to a different one. The NFL briefly marketed each team's helmet metallicized. Most actually didn't look that bad, but the Browns and, oddly enough, the Steelers, each looked like :censored:.

Mad Mac - thanks for jogging my memory; I had forgotten that the NFL sold those "chrome" helmets for all teams a few years ago, and your right some looked good others looked like garbage. Sorry; I assumed you were talking about the on-field helmets.

This may be a reach, but at the Saints online store they have this woman's jersey under the caption "Start 2008 in Style". The design isn't their current jersey, so I wonder if it's a peek at a new look? Then again, it may have been up for sale all season and I never noticed it.

http://www.neworleanssaintsteamshop.com/pr...php?imageid=589

I saw that too, had the same thought, but went to nflshop.com and saw the same design for several other teams. It's just a fashion design.

p3742983reg.jpg

Thank goodness. That is awful.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I heard before that the Jags were flirting with the idea of having their colors being Black and the Tan color they have now as trim on the away jerseys and the logo. But I'm all in favor of more Teal. Teal numbers on the aways and Teal socks with the current Black pants would look nice. I would try to make the home Whitepants the same as the road Black pants and have them be stripeless with the Jag head logo on the hip.

I am sorry about that I was half asleep when writing it , Shack Harris that's the key player of the switch of teal and black with the numbers over the uniforms . He was such a fan of the black uniforms including trying to make them the primary uniforms . Jack and most of the others in the front office don't mind the black but still wanted to hold true to the teal . As for my coworker was talking about he has been hearing plans for some kind update , even if its a small to moderate one or the addition of a new color into a undated uniform . But they want more teal back and make it a focus .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I am sorry about that I was half asleep when writing it , Shack Harris that's the key player of the switch of teal and black with the numbers over the uniforms . He was such a fan of the black uniforms including trying to make them the primary uniforms . Jack and most of the others in the front office don't mind the black but still wanted to hold true to the teal . As for my coworker was talking about he has been hearing plans for some kind update , even if its a small to moderate one or the addition of a new color into a undated uniform . But they want more teal back and make it a focus .

Thank God.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I heard before that the Jags were flirting with the idea of having their colors being Black and the Tan color they have now as trim on the away jerseys and the logo. But I'm all in favor of more Teal. Teal numbers on the aways and Teal socks with the current Black pants would look nice. I would try to make the home Whitepants the same as the road Black pants and have them be stripeless with the Jag head logo on the hip.

This from the "way back" machine.

jags.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone else will agree with me on this thought, but I would be extremely disappointed if the Jags got rid of their teal jerseys.

We all agree that teal was part of a 90's fad. I lived through it too. But, I just don't believe that teal is simply a fad color for the Jags. I think it works quite nicely, and makes them look distinctive and original among all other football teams. Not to mention the fact that Black, teal and gold go together really well.

It would not only be a shame, but a tremendous downgrade if they even thought about switching to an all black and gold set.

Well from everything that I understand they are locked into the teal and it would be a very ignornet thing for them to change the primary color to black and push the teal out because it's all over the Stadium in so much merchandise they would lose alot of money . Wayne Weaver has said Teal is going to be part of the team for years to come and is what the Jaguars are known for . But I like the idea its darker then what it was when the team started it's a nice balance . But it's like we had sliver but when they went to redo the uniforms they left the sliver out after already knowing Carolina was using it . If the Jaguars add another color . I would be interested to see what color it would be besides that I like the combo the Jaguars have now and I would like to see them wear the Black jerseys with white pants and maybe a all Teal look .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Here's my thoughts for every team.

Packers- Don't change a thing.

Bears- Same.

Lions- It's OK. The black jerseys kinda suck though.

Vikings- Like the new helmet. Don't like how the side stripe changes colors. Especially on the all-whites.

Eagles- see My Eagles Concept

Cowboys- Consistency. Stick with the greenish silver and navy. No regular silver, no royal, no black. Navy facemask.

Giants- They tried more consistency when they first chose the NY logo, but they're fine now.

Redskins- Name change. I mean c'mon! At least go back to the 70th anniversary set. (spear helmets)

Buccaneers- Orange Alternate. To be worn with pewter pants. (Black alt. sucks with all that pewter)

Panthers- Slight update. Love the helmets. Slim the jersey stripes and modernize them a little. Less than 15 years of history isn't enough for tradition.

Saints- Modernization. This doesn't mean putting 50lbs. of crap in a 5lb. bag. Use the curves of the logo to influence the striping.

Falcons- Overhaul the sleeves. Worst part of the uni. Their pants are good though.

Seahawks- Love it. Modern meets classic.

49ers- Less black. Maybe return to original red. No more drop shadows.

Rams- Not much, just make the pants match each other.

Cardinals- They look good. I'm probably the minority here, but they did well. Maybe change the facemask because there is no grey elsewhere.

Patriots- Red alternate that matches current set. To be worn with silver pants.

Jets- Perfect.

Bills- Cluster:censored:. See My Bills Concept. Or try retro. For sure with white helmets.

Dolphins- Overhaul. Modern. C'mon, it's Miami! Use navy, but sparingly.

Colts- Almost perfect. I would like a double stripe on the helmet.

Texans- Fine. A little boring. Ditch the red pants!

Titans- MORE light blue, helps connect the team to its history. New numbers. Make the T-Sword logo the primary.

Jaguars- Teal road numbers. (I don't like teal myself, but it is their identity.)

Bengals- Ditch the side panels. Make orange the primary. Use the tiger head as the primary logo, make the striped B a secondary mark.

Browns- Could go either way. They haven't won s**t recently, so tradition isn't as important as the Packers or Cowboys.

Steelers- Italic numbers must go. I realize it was the 90s, and they looked like the Hawkeyes, but those numbers aren't tough. Maybe a slightly stylized block number (like the Pats or throwback Cowboys, not the same, but like that.)

Ravens- I like black for them. I'm OK with their set.

Chargers- Make light blue the primary. Put more light blue on the road jerseys (like the numbers).

Broncos- They're fine. Maybe add a small white accent to the home jerseys (like the orange on the roadies).

Chiefs- Boring. Needs consistency. Logo needs some yellow. Maybe a little black in the uni.

Raiders- Does anyone even care about the Raiders? Update the logo a little. Black facemask.

Archived