2008 NFL Playoffs

rainmaker17

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean, I don't like the Patriots either...but I get what you're saying about the fans and whatnot. The minority outside of the city are the real douches, and that added with ESPN just shoving them down people's throat results in major resentment.

And I kinda get what you're saying about the whole jealousy thing. Not necessarily agreeing with the jealousy thing, but just saying it'd be nice if the Falcons had all those Lombardi Trophys and looking down an undefeated season.

Just can't stand the douche bandwagon fans.

Okay...props or whatever to you for taking on three people. I just want to know one thing: Why? What is the point? It's pretty obvious that everyone here has their minds pretty well made up on the Patriots/fans issue. They're not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change theirs (especially with comments like the ones I bolded above; no one likes being talked down to).

I petition you and all other combatants in this case to drop it and let's get back to discussing the playoffs.

Flame, I have to say I agree. I have no problem if people dislike them for those reasons, and you seem to be getting my point about the people outside of the city and about jealousy.

Udubs, I agree too. I'd rather not be in this whole debate but I think I have somewhat of an answer to your question.

First, let me say that I apologize if anybody feels spoken down to. I didn't mean it that way; it may have been instincts getting hold of me. But I think people should understand that I don't appreciate being spoken down to either. If the Patriots (or any NE team, for that matter, but mostly the Pats at this point) win some big game and people say, "Yeah, they're good, but I hate them soo much for it because all their fans are such jackasses," I'm not just gonna sit there and take it because it's unfair and my main intention is to tell people that their views are mainly influenced by bandwagoners in their area, and that those kinds of stereotypes about the area are wrong(Of course there are battles about the team itself too, but that's not for now). I feel obligated in many ways to say that for some reason, to stick up for me and my area. Maybe it's just me, but anyways people are often quite offended when I bring up such an idea. And that's when it all starts, attacks and all on me, and it keeps developing. I know their views will most likely not change, but I just want to raise some awareness from my point of view, which is often neglected. I apologize to anyone who is sick of these arguments, I am to, and all I can tell you is that my instincts make me defend myself.

Anyways, I thank both of you for being completely rational and understanding, and I agree, let's get back to the actual topic.

Go Pats!

(*hides*)

Honestly, I'm rooting against the Chargers. If that isn't the most loudmouthed, whiny, obnoxious, annoying, motormouthed band of ragtags, then idk what is. All they do is yap, then whine when something's not going right. I seriously want the Patriots to beat them, so I can see what the Chargers will say after the game, or if they'll actually shut it up.

I'm just going to point out the Patriots almost moved to St. Louis in the mid-90s.

Thus endeth thy history lesson for the day.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Infrared, I don't believe that post was justified. I haven't been a pompous :censored:. You may be mad at me for the actions of other Boston Fans(PLEASE READ REST OF POST ABOVE, BESIDES THE JEALOUSY PART), but could you stop attacking me for once. Anything I say, no matter how rational, develops into some kind of attack on me as a person.

I apologize for the poor wording of the point I was trying to make earlier. I should have said people aren't going to like you if you behave like a pompous ass hole. The way I wrote it was not the way I intended it. I was speaking generally yet I wrote it as if I were referring specifically to you. My mistake. I still think you are mistaking backlash for jealousy but I am done arguing semantics with you.

I do however think that you guys should have let this drop back on Saturday. OK we get it. Some Boston fans are ass holes. But not all Boston fans are ass holes. You count yourself among the latter. That took all of three sentences. Can we move on now or is my comment going to result in another Gingerbreadmann manifesto?

Again, I apologize for the poor writing that resulted in me calling you a pompous ass hole. It wasn't my intent.

BB52Big.jpg

Infrared, I don't believe that post was justified. I haven't been a pompous :censored:. You may be mad at me for the actions of other Boston Fans(PLEASE READ REST OF POST ABOVE, BESIDES THE JEALOUSY PART), but could you stop attacking me for once. Anything I say, no matter how rational, develops into some kind of attack on me as a person.

I apologize for the poor wording of the point I was trying to make earlier. I should have said people aren't going to like you if you behave like a pompous ass hole. The way I wrote it was not the way I intended it. I was speaking generally yet I wrote it as if I were referring specifically to you. My mistake. I still think you are mistaking backlash for jealousy but I am done arguing semantics with you.

I do however think that you guys should have let this drop back on Saturday. OK we get it. Some Boston fans are ass holes. But not all Boston fans are ass holes. You count yourself among the latter. That took all of three sentences. Can we move on now or is my comment going to result in another Gingerbreadmann manifesto?

Again, I apologize for the poor writing that resulted in me calling you a pompous ass hole. It wasn't my intent.

No problem - no hard feelings.

Me? I'm cooked. I was done with this whole thing on Sunday(it was Sunday) but this was brought back again yesterday. Like I said, I can't just sit on my ass. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Like I said, I can't just sit on my ass. :rolleyes:

Sure you can. If I took up a battle every time someone bashed the Buckeyes around here that's all I'd be doing. Don't take it so personally.

... it makes me wonder.... how do you sit on your ass anyways? (unless you own a donkey?)

I saw, I came, I left.

Sure you can. If I took up a battle every time someone bashed the Buckeyes around here that's all I'd be doing. Don't take it so personally.

... it makes me wonder.... how do you sit on your ass anyways? (unless you own a donkey?)

Thanks for the input there Gallagher. What's next, why do we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway?

BB52Big.jpg

Thanks for the input there Gallagher. What's next, why do we park in the driveway a drive on the parkway?

Wouldn't "behind one's back" technically be in the front?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Agreed, but everything Simmons writes is like that. I want to know if he honestly believes the Colts chose to lose against the Chargers.

gingerbreadman, Bill Simmons is the reason people hate Boston sports. I answered it for you. He's the reason everyone hates you guys. To openly state that the Colts, the COLTS, the NFL's second best team had no shot against the Patriots is ridiculous.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Agreed, but everything Simmons writes is like that. I want to know if he honestly believes the Colts chose to lose against the Chargers.

gingerbreadman, Bill Simmons is the reason people hate Boston sports. I answered it for you. He's the reason everyone hates you guys. To openly state that the Colts, the COLTS, the NFL's second best team had no shot against the Patriots is ridiculous.

You just hit the nail on the head. After reading that article, I hope the Chargers stun the Pats...as much as I would like to see a Packers/Pats Super Bowl.

What an arrogant SOB.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Well, I try to hold back, but maybe it will take time. I don't take it as personally unless someone points something directly at me(like "you're a pompous ass hole," lol). I don't know. Just know that I try to keep from having a big fight, but if someone attacks all us Bostonian fans, or me in particular especially, then I have to respond.

Or, you guys could stop bashing us in general. ^_^

gingerbreadmann, Bill Simmons is the reason people hate Boston sports. I answered it for you. He's the reason everyone hates you guys. To openly state that the Colts, the COLTS, the NFL's second best team had no shot against the Patriots is ridiculous.

You just hit the nail on the head. After reading that article, I hope the Chargers stun the Pats...as much as I would like to see a Packers/Pats Super Bowl.

What an arrogant SOB.

Well why didn't you just say so?! None of you have said that Bill Simmons is the reason you hate me in any of these fights!

If you had said, "I hate Boston because Bill Simmons is a jackass, then I might have said, "Well that's no reason to hate us but I agree, he is a jackass!"

I mean, I don't think he's being completely serious when he writes all his crap, but he can be a huge jerk sometimes(That said, you don't have to read him, but still). I read him because it's localized but if he were from anywhere else I would be sick of him(I already kinda am, lol). I think it would benefit everyone if he just wrote for the local paper. It's not like I'm going to defend him because I mostly agree with you, and if I did, I would never see the light of day again!

Seriously, if that's how you all really felt all along(which I don't think it was mac2, nobody's forcing you to read him, but I understand why you hate him), then just say so for crying out loud!

Here: I'll even write him two letters for you all.

Dear Bill Simmons(we have bolded the main message of our letter):

Apparently YOU'RE the reason everyone(unjustifiably :)) hates us. IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG, DAMMIT!

Not that we live by their opinions, but we're giving you two choices:

SHUT UP!(okay, only one)

Unkind regards,

Boston(yes, your beloved city)

Dear Bill Simmons:

SHUT UP!

-The rest of the country

That make you all happy?

That Bill Simmons article was astoundingly homerific. As soon as I read the first sentence, I clicked out, because I knew it'd be a good 4-5 minutes of Simmons declaring Boston superiority and throwing in a few lame pop-culture joke/references.

I still want the Patriots to win this week, just because I seriously want to see the Chargers whine about the loss and still claim that they were the better team. I can see it coming.

Archived