2008 NFL Playoffs

rainmaker17

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't play a perfect game you are not going to beat the Patriots. There is no margin for error against these guys. The Chargers had every chance to win this game and couldn't get it in the endzone. It's time to give credit where credit is due. This New England team is one of the all-time great teams and they are playing towards the greatest single season in NFL history. Brady throws three interceptions and still at no point did I ever think they were going to lose. That's how :censored:-ing good they are. Like it or not, we are witnessing true greatness right now.

BB52Big.jpg

Booooooooooooring.

Yes, witnessing history is quite "Booooooooooooring."

Wha? who died? What government fell?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That was a boring game because there was never any doubt who would win. Even with Brady throwing 3 picks, everybody watching knew that the Pats still had that game on lock.

Congrats to them, too bad that they once again failed to cover. I lost a heap of e-money on another board.

Booooooooooooring.

So, a team entering the Super Bowl at 18-0, on the verge of being perfect for a season is not history?

I'm confused....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I know this has nothing to do with it, but does it seem that FOX has some arrangement that says the Patriots should play in the Super Bowls that they televise? FOX will have covered five including this one and the Pats were in all but one of them (Super Bowls XXXI, XXXVI, XXXIX and XLII had the Pats; XXXIII had the Broncos).

Or this could be me just rambling about nothing.

Booooooooooooring.

So, a team entering the Super Bowl at 18-0, on the verge of being perfect for a season is not history?

I'm confused....

Well, last I checked, no matter what happens, it won't be in student's American or World history text books.

Booooooooooooring.

I'm confused....

Sports history for sure but the truth is that 99% of the rest of the world doesn't give flying :censored: one way or the other. Hell, the majority of Americans couldn't care less. That's just a fact.

And you should chill a little so we can avoid another run on Patriots fan hating. Act like you've been here before.

BB52Big.jpg

I know this has nothing to do with it, but does it seem that FOX has some arrangement that says the Patriots should play in the Super Bowls that they televise? FOX will have covered five including this one and the Pats were in all but one of them (Super Bowls XXXI, XXXVI, XXXIX and XLII had the Pats; XXXIII had the Broncos).

Just luck of the draw. The game is rotated between the three major networks (NBC, CBS, FOX), and if a Patriots appearance in the Super bowl is a Fox broadcast, it's just coincidental.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Booooooooooooring.

I'm confused....

I'll put it in two ways...did it really matter in the Middle Ages if a jouster went undefeated for a couple of years? (Or at least did people see it as worth recording?)

If a gladiator in Rome had an impressive kill streak going, did people write it down so future generations would know about him?

Honestly, this team means jack diddly in the greater scheme of things. All that happened is a group of people with finite lifespans feel slightly better about themselves. Otherwise...complete insignificance.

Your best hope is that hoping some young historian will use the Patriots 2007 season as the subject of a microhistory paper to make a more general point that Americans had :censored: ed up priorities a couple of centuries ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT-Upon watching the pre-game show in Green Bay, I have decided to crank up the thermostat yet another 5 degrees. I'm glad I'm not there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just luck of the draw. The game is rotated between the three major networks (NBC, CBS, FOX), and if a Patriots appearance in the Super bowl is a Fox broadcast, it's just coincidental.

You're wrong. Conspiracies are more entertaining, and therefore, more attractive to be seen as the truth.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wow. I figured the "sports" or "football" history was implied here.

Guess some people really aren't as smart as they seem....

what the hell is ccslc?

You're a Patriots fan. You shouldn't expect any slack on anything around here. And I guess some fans are exactly as advertised. :D

BB52Big.jpg

You're a Patriots fan. You shouldn't expect any slack on anything around here. And I guess some fans are exactly as advertised. :D

Hahaha (laughter), true. I guess (estimation) I'll try to make (create, form) my responses (reply, retort) be as simple (easy, smooth) as possible, so nobody (no one, nothing) will be confused (muddled, puzzled).

what the hell is ccslc?

Hahaha (laughter), true. I guess (estimation) I'll try to make (create, form) my responses (reply, retort) be as simple (easy, smooth) as possible, so nobody (no one, nothing) will be confused (muddled, puzzled).

I'm sure everyone knew what you meant. As I said, you're a Patriots fan, we're just looking for excuses to :censored: with you. :D

BB52Big.jpg

That's not necessary. This is the intarwebz. =)

galaxy.png

I thought Robert Stack was dead.....

Archived