2008 NFL Playoffs

rainmaker17

Now, see how this game is exciting? Both teams look like they give a damn and the crowd is into it. It seems like at Foxboro, people were just waiting around for the final score so they could go home.
And as is usually the case the media's "dream match-up" fails to materialize yet again. Oh well. Off one bandwagon and on to another.

GO GIANTS!

Fox is getting their dream matchup......Boston vs. New York.

If you thought ESPN was unwatchable before, think again......

I suppose a self-imposed media is in order for the next 13 days....

Well, ESPN is no longer going to be my haven from the writers' strike. Back to DVDs of Futurama and the Dick van Dyke Show it is, then.

Also, I am extremely sick of the East Coast. Am I alone in this? Now I know it's not fair to hate an entire coastline, but come on. The Giants are a horrible team to represent the NFL, considering all of their "conditional" fans who cheer when it's "convenient" for them. Meanwhile, other locations, such as the Midwest, have teams that work hard and do their jobs day in and day out... Then you have Coughlin yelling at Tynes for missing his first field goal, then he comes back in OT to save the game and potentially Coughlin's job. Why do these jackasses prevail in sports? My only solace is that both of these teams have to go ridiculously far from home to get to the Super Bowl.

No...comment...must....restrain....myself...lol..... <_<

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FIANLLY!!! A feel good story here in NEW YORK....

Knicks are a laughing stock

Mets stumbled out the playoffs picture

Yankees coverage is all about Clemens' roids issues

Jets Suck

Rangers Underachieving

Islanders are Irrelevant

But THE GIANTS.... They're going to the Super Bowl

Wow...thinking about it now, this really has been a down year for New York sports thus far. Well, at least one team made it this far, against all odds.

Jets Suck

Rangers Underachieving

Islanders are Irrelevant

Wow...thinking about it now, this really has been a down year for New York sports thus far. Well, at least one team made it this far, against all odds.

At least they get two teams in every sport...

Jets Suck

Rangers Underachieving

Islanders are Irrelevant

Really? What's the 2nd New York NBA team?

No...comment...must....restrain....myself...lol..... <_<

Except that you just commented. "No comment" means you don't comment.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jets Suck

Rangers Underachieving

Islanders are Irrelevant

Unofficially, the Nets. And they're moving to Brooklyn soon....

Jets Suck

Rangers Underachieving

Islanders are Irrelevant

Unofficially, the Nets. And they're moving to Brooklyn soon....

They're still New Jersey, which at the moment, means they're aren't two New York NBA teams

Im a Lineman not a kicker

Edited for accuracy... ^_^

and youre a jackass

This cracks me up: "My concepts are better than yours because I can accept that nothing is untouchable. Here is another example."

I love the "better than yours" thing. It's like you're trying to start a pissing contest every time you post.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ooooooooooooooooooovertime

Further Proof Kickers Don't win Games the Only Lose them.

I Never Understood Random Capitalization of words.

Joe Buck just said "this crowd is stunned." Um, have they not been watching Bret Favre play at Lambeau for the past ten years? Nasty interceptions is what the man does.

Brett's a gunslinger. He's just having fun out there, playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

(Just thought I'd supply the usual announcer drivel delivered after a critical Favre interception.)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Im a Lineman not a kicker

Edited for accuracy... ^_^

You used a line to cross out part of word to leave a "line".... brilliant! :D

besides.... if anything, defensive lineman LOSE games more often than kickers. If they can't stop the offense from scoring, or advance the ball forward to have chance to score, then they should receive much of the blame.

I saw, I came, I left.

this should make for an intersting super bowl, a battle of teams I once followed. Giants in the late 80's and early 90s, Patriots for the entire tenure of Tuna. ^_^

all that this matchup is missing is the super bowl is to be held at Giants Stadium no scratch that held in the shaving cream can in Foxboro.

oh and i call it,

Patriots win 33-31

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I am thoroughly disgusted with the Packers right now. I can't even blame the refs (even though they practically gave the Giants their first TD in the second half). The Giants still gave the Pack a ridiculous number of opportunities that they couldn't take advantage of. The worst thing is... it was the vets, not the young guys, who were f***in' up. Other than Donald Driver, none of the vets showed any kind of leadership. And I'm still trying to figure out what the hell McCarthy was smoking for half his offensive playcalls (a 5 yard slant route on 3rd & 15... are you f***in' serious?).

Oh well... as its been said, Fox got another dream matchup of NY vs. Boston that no one outside of the Eastern Seaboard is gonna give two s**ts about. And we'll probably have to sit through another grating offesason of a***hole Boston fans... at least Green Bay would've had a shot.

But then, no one gave the Giants a chance at Lambeau either. Here's to hoping Eli can serve the media a heaping pile of crow...

And GO BREWERS!!!

I think Eddie Murphy said it best in Coming to America....

Prince Akeem: Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?

Cleo McDowell: No, I didn't.

Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.

Cleo McDowell: Son.

Prince Akeem: Yes?

Cleo McDowell: If you want to keep working here, stay off the drugs.

Prince Akeem: Yes.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I think Eddie Murphy said it best in Coming to America....

Prince Akeem: Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?

Cleo McDowell: No, I didn't.

Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.

Cleo McDowell: Son.

Prince Akeem: Yes?

Cleo McDowell: If you want to keep working here, stay off the drugs.

Prince Akeem: Yes.

Fantastic Foresight...

Archived