2009 FedEx BCS National Championship Game logo

BroadSt_Bully

ZNKYRYVTWPRIQSR.20080104212437.jpg

It's ok. I don't like the South Florida text though.

That's how they market it now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is it me, or are the trunks of the palm trees and the palm leaves not lined up properly?? The short goal posts look terrible, it looks like a totally forced design element. It's hard to use goal posts as an element when you are also showing the football. The scale looks out of whack! I say eliminate the goal post all together. Then, I would have moved FedEx up. Maybe then extend the side orange outlines downward and box FedEx in orange. ..or something...

ZNKYRYVTWPRIQSR.20080104212437.jpg

It's ok. I don't like the South Florida text though.

That's how they market it now.

Exactly. The game isn't really in Miami proper, so South Florida seems to work. I think they refer to Super Bowl's the same way. Other than that, I'm glad they got away from the uniformity of the logos from the past 2 years.

Is it me, or are the trunks of the palm trees and the palm leaves not lined up properly??

It looks like they were going for a look where the palm leaves "weep" to one side...kind of like a weeping willow...

So they're falling to one side, but it is "aligned", if you get my drift...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Did they have to use the Gators' colors? O well, that's not what bothers me the most.

The short goal posts look horrible, and the palm tree leaves look like a mess. The 08 logo is a thing of brilliant masterpiece compared to this.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Really weak. If any team but the Gators plays in this, that's gonna look awful on their jerseys with those colors. There's not a ltota contrast, and a lotta stuff seems forced like someone else said. It sure doesn't say "this is the championship game". More like something I'd expect from the pro bowl.

it looks to be made to cover the Orange Bowl logo at mid-field. Since there is only a week in-between the games, there wouldn't be time to completely erase the logo from mid-field. How unprofessional would it look to have the orange bowl logo peaking out from behind the National Championship logo? For what needed to be done, it's not a bad logo.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Wow, the "South Florida" irks the heck out of me. Regardless of where the stadium sits, Miami is the main destination - not a nebulous direction in the state itself.

That's how they're marketing any sporting event in Miami, now. South Florida's growing at an incredible rate, to the point where the city of Miami only makes up a small portion of the population. When Penn State played in the 2005 Orange Bowl, they stayed at the Hilton in Del Ray Beach, almost an hour north of Miami. That's where the team and alumni had all their pregame events.

Archived