NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

I see where you're coming from as well and I respect that you're willing to explain your stance while holding your ground. Takes courage to do that, honestly. It's too bad I don't dare install Photoshop on this computer, because I'd like to tinker with the logo myself to see what you mean (I assume you tried the newer Aqua first.)

As for the Jags, I never really was all that upset with them over the colors they chose. I mean, you compare the Fins and Jags logos and you really do see that Dolphins Aqua and Jags Teal are completely different colors, even in the earlier and light variations of the Fins color palette.

cttdolphins2.png

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the white giants unis. I have grown to like the current look, but I think a team nicknamed Big Blue should embrace blue whenever possible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while. For the final two divisions, I am going to take it on a team-by-team basis. Without further adieu:

The SAN DIEGO CHARGERS!

This isn't a major overhaul because they did a lot of things right. Returning to powder blue, making the lightning bolt more consistent, white helmets, etc. But there were some tweaks I felt needed to be made. First, I brought in some helmet numerals. It's a unique touch to a very strong identity. I also featured powder blue as the primary color, reducing the role navy plays. I never liked the way the current sets treats the bolt on a navy background, so I changed that to something I believe really pops. In additon, I removed the panels that surround the lightning bolt currently. I believe they were unnecessary. I changed the facemasks to light blue and added a light blue set of pants.

chargers_ID.jpg

chargers_home.jpg

chargers_away.jpg

chargers_alt.jpg

These aren't bad but I'm nolt feelin the sky blue pants and I think the tops should (how they are in real life)be kept the same for the most part. The bolts should placed on white or navy or sky blue as currently is:

chargers_jersey.gif

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

These aren't bad but I'm nolt feelin the sky blue pants and I think the tops should (how they are in real life)be kept the same for the most part. The bolts should placed on white or navy or sky blue as currently is:

chargers_jersey.gif

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Personally, I think the way the bolt looks on the white jerseys looks very ordinary and doesn't have the pop like when the bolt appears on the home and alternate jerseys. Also, in the last uniform set they had, the home jerseys looked way better because it didn't have the extra striping. Also, as a re-design project, leaving things the same doesn't really work. Like I stated before, I really like their current uni's, but it's a re-design project.

the texans jersey updates: don't put the main logo on the inside hip, it doesn't look good. The colts ones don't look that impressive either, with the more horseshoe look on the stripes, the Jaguars are just hideous, why would you even think to do that to their uni's. and the titans are ok, leave the original logo on the helmets, less baby blue. chargers: keep them the way they are now.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

the texans jersey updates: don't put the main logo on the inside hip, it doesn't look good. The colts ones don't look that impressive either, with the more horseshoe look on the stripes, the Jaguars are just hideous, why would you even think to do that to their uni's. and the titans are ok, leave the original logo on the helmets, less baby blue. chargers: keep them the way they are now.

Did you read the title? NFL Re-Design Extravaganza! If I just did nothing it would be a cop out. Besides, I only have two divisions left to do. I had to get to the Chargers eventually.

• 2 months later...

It has been forever! Anyways, here are the Buccaneers. Naturally, I didn't want to change a logo set this good. The main thing I did was design the uniforms to match the ragged look of the logo set, thus enhancing the overall identity. I also incorporated more orange to differentiate them from the Falcons more.

bucss_ID.jpg

bucs_home.jpg

bucs_away.jpg

bucs_alt.jpg

Next, I have the Chiefs. This one has a lot more change. One thing that has always bothered me about the Chiefs set is the use of black on the helmets but not on the uniforms, and the use of yellow on the uniforms but not on the helmets. I decided to make the pieces match while going in a much more modern direction. I made the facemask yellow to match it with the yellow piping and to incorporate more yellow into the helmet. I decided that contrasting nameplates on the dark jerseys would also help incorporate more yellow. The stripe on the pants is an abstraction of a feather. And I know there are some people out there who are screaming about the black alts, but with the yellow piping, it makes more sense (didn't want 4 sets of pants). Plus, I'm sure I would hear just as much complaining about a yellow alt jersey.

chiefs_ID.jpg

chiefs_home.jpg

chiefs_away.jpg

chiefs_alt.jpg

Make the facemask white and replace the black number outlines with yellow and you have a satisfied Chiefs fan here. The pants stripe = awesomeness.

The number outlines are yellow and black (double outline). Does the yellow need to be thicker? I figured the yellow would be seen in close-ups, but I am open to suggestion.

Make the facemask white and replace the black number outlines with yellow and you have a satisfied Chiefs fan here. The pants stripe = awesomeness.

The number outlines are yellow and black (double outline). Does the yellow need to be thicker? I figured the yellow would be seen in close-ups, but I am open to suggestion.

Well, I just think with the pants stripe working so well as red and yellow (with no black) I'd like to see the black either toned down in the numbers or removed.

Wow, as a Chiefs fan, I have to say that is the best Chiefs concept I've ever seen. If they changed their uniforms to that, I would be absolutely thrilled, and I'd go buy a Dwayne Bowe one right this second. Beautiful design, I especially love the way you fit yellow in so nicely throughout the uniform set. In the logo, that is just enough yellow without going overboard. Also, the pants stripe is a stroke of genius. That totally made my day/night, thanks man!

Also as a Chiefs fan(see sig), I'll have to echo everyone one else in saying this is the best Chiefs concept I've ever seen. Not too boring bit not over-modernized (unnecessary piping and such). The one thing that I may suggest is about the pant striping. Instead of it being Red on the away set and white on the home set, you should switch it so that for example the red pants have a white stripe down the middle that it looks in unison with the white jerseys. Plus the yellow facemasks may look pretty weird (make em white). Looks alike the Vikings though.

As for the Bucs, the jersey isn't bad but the shoulder stripe looks weird and I think you should change the numbers.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Also as a Chiefs fan(see sig), I'll have to echo everyone one else in saying this is the best Chiefs concept I've ever seen. Not too boring bit not over-modernized (unnecessary piping and such). The one thing that I may suggest is about the pant striping. Instead of it being Red on the away set and white on the home set, you should switch it so that for example the red pants have a white stripe down the middle that it looks in unison with the white jerseys. Plus the yellow facemasks may look pretty weird (make em white). Looks alike the Vikings though.

As for the Bucs, the jersey isn't bad but the shoulder stripe looks weird and I think you should change the numbers.

I understand that people would like to see the white facemask because sometimes it takes time for a change to grow on them, or maybe you feel that tradition is important, but I really think that the yellow facemask is necessary. It helps balance the helmet with rest of the uniform. The white facemask makes the uniform look like a collection of pieces instead of a set. So, I figured I would show what it would look like. I think when people see the side-by-side, they'll understand where I am coming from.

chiefs_home_w.jpg

chiefs_home.jpg

Archived