Buffalo Sabres go Green

jcjr81

I like the idea behind all of this but I'm not a huge fan of the logo. The slug looks terrible, but if your going to use the slug there's nothing you can do about that and the "R" was hard for me to make out. Whatever to the logo. Yay to the conservation effort.

If its for environmental conservation, the green should be a lot "earthier", not neon green. Maybe replace the black with a dark brown, too. It looks pretty stupid as is, and doesn't really convey a message of any sort.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

If its for environmental conservation, the green should be a lot "earthier", not neon green. Maybe replace the black with a dark brown, too. It looks pretty stupid as is, and doesn't really convey a message of any sort.

No kidding.

This green they are using is more similar to Homer Simpson's radioactive waste, than it is to any tree in a forest.

Juventus.png

I threw up.

Anybody else just worn out on all of the cause campaigns (pink, green, blue, etc.) that have taken over sports? I'm not anti-charity, anti-cause, per se, but I am anti-team-wearing-a-color-outside-of-its-regular-colors.

I threw up.

Anybody else just worn out on all of the cause campaigns (pink, green, blue, etc.) that have taken over sports? I'm not anti-charity, anti-cause, per se, but I am anti-team-wearing-a-color-outside-of-its-regular-colors.

For me, it all comes across as a bragging, "look how much we care." I think charity's great, I give as much as I can. However, you don't see me shouting from the mountaintops. I understand PR concerns, but I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to organizational motivation.

I have no problem with a patch or sticker on the jerseys like what the Sabres did. As long as the teams don't change the whole jersey just to "honour" something. What I do have a problem with is selling merchandise for the cause. The teams might as well ask for a donation.

I saw, I came, I left.

I threw up.

For me, it all comes across as a bragging, "look how much we care." I think charity's great, I give as much as I can. However, you don't see me shouting from the mountaintops. I understand PR concerns, but I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to organizational motivation.

Yep, it's right up there with playing dress-up soldier in camouflage baseball jerseys to "support the troops"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived