new Jason Kidd Dallas jersey

rainmaker17

He hasn't always wore No. 5...he was 32 with the Suns...maybe No. 2 for his second stint with the Mavs.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Jason Kidd will be wearing the number '2' for Dallas this season, and, presumably, all of his subsequent seasons with the Mavericks.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

i could see a couple of reasons why kidd would pick #2:

- 2nd go-around in dallas (personally, i think this is the most likely reason)

- pick #2 in draft

- no other personally "relevant" numbers available (no 5, no 32, so maybe he decided to pick either 3 or 2?)

and a bit OT, but geez, with this trade, the west is now even more loaded w/ top flight PGs: nash, paul, williams, kidd, davis, parker. good luck trying to pick just 2-3 of them for next year's all-star game. i think this year was kidd's last all-star game appearance. (and still too early to tell, but assuming kidd wins the mavs a championship, do you think he'd get any special consideration from the team, like a retired # or front office post?)

72502854ra7.jpg

It was just a matter of time before someone posted that pic of him playing for the Mavs. :D

And on a possible reason why he chose #2...if you invert his ol' #5, you get 2....huh? Maybe?

I know one thing's for sure; If the Mavericks end up #2 in the finals again this year, there will be a LOT of crazy upset fans. Four out of five people (I assume by the clammer being raised) can't stand giving up Devin Harris. The Dallas/Fort Worth Area has a problem of giving up young talent too early, and getting it too late.

I know one thing's for sure; If the Mavericks end up #2 in the finals again this year, there will be a LOT of crazy upset fans. Four out of five people (I assume by the clammer being raised) can't stand giving up Devin Harris. The Dallas/Fort Worth Area has a problem of giving up young talent too early, and getting it too late.
yeah. the funny thing is, listening to sports radio, you'd think the opposite to be true. seems like a lot of local sports writers are actually in favor of the trade :blink:

i could see a couple of reasons why kidd would pick #2:

- 2nd go-around in dallas (personally, i think this is the most likely reason)

You are correct, sir, yes.

Daily Dime: Five myths about the Jason Kidd trade

The Mavs are pretty psyched about how all that adds up, right down to the jersey number Kidd chose -- No. 2 -- to remind everyone that he's getting a second chance with the team that drafted him.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived