The (Un)official 2008 NFL Off-season Thread

tBBP

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Falcon Purge Continues...

Today's victim: DeAngelo Hall. Raiders get Hall, Falcons get the 34th pick in the draft.

The Raiders now have an above-average secondary, and the Falcons can get some decent talent if they draft right. Good deal, IMO.

So much for that trade....

I guess the price for Lito Sheppard just went up.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And it seems like lil' Lofa done got rewarded for his services up in the Pacific Northwest...Seattle got him locked up for 6 and (right around) 40.

Oh--and remember how Cedric Wilson, formerly of the Pittsburgh Steelers, was charged over all that mess between him and his (former, maybe) girlfriend? Well...read back through that sentence and you'll find the news on him as far as the NFL is concerned.

And someone cue up the rumor mill and water cooler convos...it appears the 'Boys, Lions, and, for some reason, the Patriots are interested in the services of one Adam Jones...known to you all sinply as "Pacman".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's as simple as this, B...The Cheats, err, um Patriots need a CB after Samuel and Gay threw the two fingers up at 'em. Now Jones' clock is stuck on 7:30 all day, everyday, but dude can ball. That's all that matters.

I wonder though...can you actually trade somebody on suspension? Beyond that, what's the likelihood that Jones even gets reinstated by Warden Goodell?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It's as simple as this, B...The Cheats, err, um Patriots need a CB after Samuel and Gay threw the two fingers up at 'em. Now Jones' clock is stuck on 7:30 all day, everyday, but dude can ball. That's all that matters.

I wonder though...can you actually trade somebody on suspension? Beyond that, what's the likelihood that Jones even gets reinstated by Warden Goodell?

Kinfolk...I couldn't even tell you. And yeah...the Patsies do need some corners. Hell...if they managed to corrall Randy...maybe they can corral RainMan, too???

Stay tuned to this one here, folks...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

"A person familiar with the negotiations, speaking on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been officially announced" claims that Jason Elam signed with the Atlanta Falcons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3306003

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

"A person familiar with the negotiations, speaking on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been officially announced" claims that Jason Elam signed with the Atlanta Falcons.

:blink:

Elam no longer a Bronco wow thats a stunner hes be there forever

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Even when they didn't cheat, they still put up 52 on your 'Skins. :P

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

If this comes to fruition...FANtastic. The Falcons have needed a solid kicker under the age of 100 for the longest now, and we finally got one in Elam. I am really impressed with the Falcons in free agency thus far. As long as they don't FUBAR the draft, I'll be cool. B)

If this comes to fruition...FANtastic. The Falcons have needed a solid kicker under the age of 100 for the longest now, and we finally got one in Elam. I am really impressed with the Falcons in free agency thus far. As long as they don't FUBAR the draft, I'll be cool. B)

Sounds like he wants to end his career in his hometown.....I approve this move!

Completely irrelevant. I don't play for the 'Skins and you don't play for the Patsies. So stick it in your corncob pipe and smoke it...or go get treatment for your fake lymphoma.

Completely irrelevant. I don't play for the 'Skins and you don't play for the Patsies. So stick it in your corncob pipe and smoke it...or go get treatment for your fake lymphoma.

And you don't play for the Giants, so why were you celebrating the Super Bowl win?

what the hell is ccslc?

And you don't play for the Giants, so why were you celebrating the Super Bowl win?

So that their smug fanbase would finally shut the hell up....

I know, I know. I'm just trying to get more excuses out of him because the one he came up with was hilarious!

what the hell is ccslc?

I don't want to play your little reindeer games, Brass. I'm officially "too old" for this now.

My happiness related to the Super Bowl had very little to do with the teams. It was just the simple fact that Pats fans had to suck on it. Nothing personal or anything...but I think Pats fans, in general, are pompous blowhards. It was nice that they couldn't really say squat that night.

Anything that displeases my enemies makes me happy. :)

I don't want to play your little reindeer games, Brass. I'm officially "too old" for this now.

My happiness related to the Super Bowl had very little to do with the teams. It was just the simple fact that Pats fans had to suck on it. Nothing personal or anything...but I think Pats fans, in general, are pompous blowhards. It was nice that they couldn't really say squat that night.

So, from now on, according to your theory, you can't argue sports any more because you don't play for the teams. Must of sucked to turn 30.

what the hell is ccslc?

And there it is. You've continued to go back and forth, but that right there was the conversation ender.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So, from now on, according to your theory, you can't argue sports any more because you don't play for the teams. Must of sucked to turn 30.

"Must of sucked...."

Edited out. That one could have gotten me in trouble...

You really should take a break... maybe until you're 30?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Must of sucked...."

Edited out. That one could have gotten me in trouble...

You really should take a break... maybe until you're 30?

So, I can't challenge someone, in a hopefully friendly debate? I can't stick up for the team I support?

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived