The (Un)official 2008 NFL Off-season Thread

tBBP

The 2008 schedule for your Four time, Four time, Four time, Four time NFC West champion Seattle Seahawks goes like this...

Preseason

Day Date Game Time (PT) TV

Saturday Aug. 8 at Minnesota Vikings 5:00 p.m. KONG

Saturday Aug. 16 Chicago Bears 6:00 p.m. KONG

Monday Aug. 25 at San Diego Chargers 5:00 p.m. ESPN

Friday Aug. 29 Oakland Raiders 7:00 p.m. KING

Regular Season

Sunday Sept. 7 at Buffalo Bills 10:00 a.m. FOX

Sunday Sept. 14 San Francisco 49ers 1:05 p.m. FOX

Sunday Sept. 21 St. Louis Rams 1:05 p.m. FOX

Sunday Sept. 28 BYE

Sunday Oct. 5 at N.Y. Giants 10:05 a.m. FOX

Sunday Oct. 12 Green Bay Packers 1:15 p.m. FOX

Sunday Oct. 19 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 5:15 p.m. NBC

Sunday Oct. 26 at San Francisco 49ers 1:15 p.m. FOX

Sunday Nov. 2 Philadelphia Eagles 1:15 p.m. FOX

Sunday Nov. 9 at Miami Dolphins 10:00 a.m. FOX

Sunday Nov. 16 Arizona Cardinals 1:05 p.m. FOX

Sunday Nov. 23 Washington Redskins 1:15 p.m. FOX

Thursday Nov. 27 (Turkey Day) at Dallas Cowboys 1:15 p.m. FOX

Sunday Dec. 7 New England Patriots 5:15 p.m. NBC

Sunday Dec. 14 at St. Louis Rams 10:00 a.m. FOX

Sunday Dec. 21 N.Y. Jets 1:05 p.m. CBS

Sunday Dec. 28 at Arizona Cardinals 1:15 p.m. FOX

I'm liking this. A Thanksgiving Day game is nothing short of a dream for me since the last time it happened, I was too young to remember. Even better is that both Super Bowl teams get a taste of the biggest, baddest team in the NFC West.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets schedule is as follows

WK DATE OPPONENT TIME (ET)

1 Sun, Sep 7 at Miami 1:00 PM

2 Sun, Sep 14 New England 4:15 PM

3 Mon, Sep 22 at San Diego 8:30 PM

4 Sun, Sep 28 Arizona 1:00 PM

6 Sun, Oct 12 Cincinnati 1:00 PM

7 Sun, Oct 19 at Oakland 4:15 PM

8 Sun, Oct 26 Kansas City 1:00 PM

9 Sun, Nov 2 at Buffalo 1:00 PM

10 Sun, Nov 9 St. Louis 1:00 PM

11 Thu, Nov 13 at New England 8:15 PM

12 Sun, Nov 23 at Tennessee 1:00 PM

13 Sun, Nov 30 Denver 1:00 PM

14 Sun, Dec 7 at San Francisco 4:05 PM

15 Sun, Dec 14 Buffalo 1:00 PM

16 Sun, Dec 21 at Seattle 4:05 PM

17 Sun, Dec 28 Miami 1:00 PM

Eh, some tough games and some easy games, no telling where the Jets can end up this year considering they're always so inconsistent from year to year

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Sunday Sept. 7 at Buffalo Bills 10:00 a.m. FOX

Ah nuts. I was hoping that game would be in Seattle. I would have gone, too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Bears have 5 primetime games this year, three of them at home. Their schedule is not nearly as hard as last year either. I'm hoping for a spot in the playoffs, especially with Favre gone there is no team standing out in the North.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Chargers schedule, including six national telecasts:

Pre-Season

8/9 COWBOYS (KFMB)

TBD @ Rams (KFMB)

8/25 SEAHAWKS (ESPN)

8/29 @ 49ers (KFMB)

Regular Season

9/7 PANTHERS (Fox)

9/14 @ Broncos (CBS)

9/22 JETS (ESPN)

9/28 @ Raiders (CBS)

10/5 @ Dolphins (CBS)

10/12 PATRIOTS (NBC)

10/19 @ Bills (CBS)

10/26 vs. Saints in London (CBS)

11/2 bye

11/9 CHIEFS (CBS)

11/16 @ Steelers

11/23 COLTS (NBC)

11/30 FALCONS (Fox)

12/4 RAIDERS (NFL Network)

12/14 @ Chiefs (CBS)

12/21 @ Buccaneers (NBC)

12/28 BRONCOS (CBS)

Jags Schedule:

1 Sept. 7 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.

2 Sept. 14 Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.

3 Sept. 21 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.

4 Sept. 28 Houston Texans 1 p.m.

5 Oct. 5 (Sun.) Pittsburgh Steelers 8:15 p.m.

6 Oct. 12 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m.

7 Oct. 19 Bye

8 Oct. 26 Cleveland Browns 4:05 p.m.

9 Nov. 2 at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m.

10 Nov. 9 at Detroit Lions 1 p.m.

11 Nov. 16 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.

12 Nov. 23 Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m.

13 Dec. 1 (Mon.) at Houston Texans 8:30 p.m.

14 Dec. 7 at Chicago Bears 1 p.m.

15 Dec. 14 Green Bay Packers 1 p.m.

16 Dec. 18 (Thurs.) Indianapolis Colts 8:15 p.m.

17 Dec. 28 at Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m.

Man...the early goings are NOT going to be easy for the Jaguars. THREE division games in the first six weeks (two at home, meaning that much less on the back end), an INTENSE rivalry game (the Steelers) and a road trip to Mile High (which is never a gimme for any team traveling there)? That week 7 bye is really going to hurt if any Jaguars end up suffering any major injuries--and looking at the front end of that schedule, given the way the Jaguars play (HARD!), and who they'll be playing (meaning they'll be playing THAT MUCH HARDER...and with THAT MUCH MORE EMOTION), that 10-game backstretch may be a little taxing. And really, I see only two games in there that should be virtual gimmes (the Bungles and the Lions--if they don't improve this year). And that closer on the road against the Blackbirds is sure to be a hard-hitting slugfest. Hope them Jaggies is up for the task this year...they MUST win the division this year!!! (At least I hope this is the year they finally get over that hump.)

As for my boys, the Buccaneers:

--PRE-SEASON--

Sat. Aug. 9 at Miami 7:30 p.m. WFLA-TV (NBC)

Sun. Aug. 17 NEW ENGLAND 8:00 p.m. NFL Network

Sat. Aug. 23 JACKSONVILLE 7:30 p.m. WFLA-TV (NBC)

Thurs. Aug. 28 at Houston 8:00 p.m. WFLA-TV (NBC)

--REG SEASON--

Sun. Sept. 7 at New Orleans 1:00 p.m. FOX

Sun. Sept. 14 ATLANTA 4:05 p.m. FOX

Sun. Sept. 21 at Chicago 1:00 p.m. FOX

Sun. Sept. 28 GREEN BAY 1:00 p.m. FOX

Sun. Oct. 5 at Denver 4:05 p.m. FOX

Sun. Oct. 12 CAROLINA 1:00 p.m. FOX

Sun. Oct. 19 SEATTLE * 8:15 p.m. NBC

Sun. Oct. 26 at Dallas 1:00 p.m. FOX

Sun. Nov. 2 at Kansas City 1:00 p.m. FOX

Sun. Nov. 9 -- bye week --

Sun. Nov. 16 MINNESOTA 1:00 p.m.^ FOX

Sun. Nov. 23 at Detroit 1:00 p.m.^ FOX

Sun. Nov. 30 NEW ORLEANS 1:00 p.m.^ FOX

Mon. Dec. 8 at Carolina * 8:30 p.m. ESPN

Sun. Dec. 14 at Atlanta 1:00 p.m.^ FOX

Sun. Dec. 21 SAN DIEGO * 8:15 p.m.^ NBC

Sun. Dec. 28 OAKLAND 1:00 p.m.^ CBS

Not really much I can say about this here schedule (except it seems TB plays the same damn pre-season schedule every freakin' year, or at least especially of late). I will say this: BOY DO THE BUCCANEERS HAVE A LATE BYE WEEK! All the way into week 10. That might help if the Bucs incur any injuries during the front stretch of their schedule.

As I look at this...the Bucs go marching into N.O. (yeah I seen that, Russ) to open thangs up...then head back to the Sombrero to take on the Falcons. The early road trip to Chicago means no late-season cold-weather games (even though the Bucs broke out of that whole "couldn't win a game whent he start temp is under 40 degrees" slump a couple seasons ago--I believe against the Bears...I gotta check again). The one late-season road game they do play in a cold climate is being played inside a dome, so HA! That back stretch may be a bit tough, though, now that I look at it...after that aforementioned road trip, it's three straight division games--two on the road--and then two AFC teams at home to close the season.

OH--and the Buccaneers get a Monday night game this year...as well as two (as of now) nationally televised Sunday night games. (Not that it matters...Imma end up watching all these games at like 2 or 3 in the morning during the season...8-hour time difference PLUS tape-delay over in the desert.)

And I just realized Jonny boy Gruden gets to play his former team to close out the season. That one oughtta be fun.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hmm...... as usual, the Lions have 1 nationally televised game, and that is only because of Thanksgiving tradition. I think that makes three years with no Sunday or Monday night games? The last one I can remember is a Sunday night game against the Packers. I have seen worse teams in the primetime games the last few years. I would think the Lions could at least get one at least every few years. It is ridiculous. Then the Bears get five? Umm, Detroit was 2-0 against the Bears and better overall last year. Oh well, were used to it by now.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Hmm...... as usual, the Lions have 1 nationally televised game, and that is only because of Thanksgiving tradition. I think that makes three years with no Sunday or Monday night games? The last one I can remember is a Sunday night game against the Packers. I have seen worse teams in the primetime games the last few years. I would think the Lions could at least get one at least every few years. It is ridiculous. Then the Bears get five? Umm, Detroit was 2-0 against the Bears and better overall last year. Oh well, were used to it by now.

Let me ask you this...and it's something I've been wondering for a while about the Lions and Lions Nation (if there is such a thing...I know of at least one Lions devotee here in PA):

How do you feel about the Lions playing on Thanksgiving every year? I mean, is it something you look forward to, or do you sometimes wish that Lions could have that day off so they can be with their loved ones like 28 other teams get to do every year? And for that matter, do you know how anyone else up there in Detroit feels about this here? I've always been curious about that, and would like to hear an insider's perspective.

(Shumway, if you're out there, feel free to chime in here.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

The Bears have 5 primetime games this year, three of them at home. Their schedule is not nearly as hard as last year either. I'm hoping for a spot in the playoffs, especially with Favre gone there is no team standing out in the North.

Really? Lions beat the bears twice last year. Green Bay was pretty good Farve or not...and Minnesota has a guy named Peterson.

I don't think the Bears are screwed at all...but I think there are plenty of things to worry about in the North.

Then the Bears get five? Umm, Detroit was 2-0 against the Bears and better overall last year. Oh well, were used to it by now.

The fact that the Lions were 'better overall' (they weren't THAT much better...they draft one spot behind the Bears) means nothing. Chicago is one of the largest markets in the Nation and the Bears have fans everywhere. Much like the Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys and Packers. They are always going to get more Prime Time games because of that. Plus 1 is a late season Sunday night game...meaning if they suck they'll get moved for flex scheduling. And one of them is in Prime Time because its a SB rematch, and the Colts open their new stadium. Nothing to do with the Bears.

Really? Lions beat the bears twice last year. Green Bay was pretty good Farve or not...and Minnesota has a guy named Peterson.

I don't think the Bears are screwed at all...but I think there are plenty of things to worry about in the North.

I don't at all think that it will be a cakewalk for the Bears, but they will have a much better chance at being successful this year. Nothing can change the fact that the Bears weren't good last year, and they need to make changes if they will win this year. The schedule just looks a little easier this year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I HATE this new third Thanksgiving game thing that the NFL is doing. As a stadium employee, it completely F's up your day off from your regular job to be with your family.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The fact that the Lions were 'better overall' (they weren't THAT much better...they draft one spot behind the Bears) means nothing. Chicago is one of the largest markets in the Nation and the Bears have fans everywhere. Much like the Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys and Packers. They are always going to get more Prime Time games because of that. Plus 1 is a late season Sunday night game...meaning if they suck they'll get moved for flex scheduling. And one of them is in Prime Time because its a SB rematch, and the Colts open their new stadium. Nothing to do with the Bears.

Oh, I know that. I am just saying if the Bears can get so many, the NFL could at least give the Lions one. Especially since they didn't get one last year, or the year before, I believe.

Bucco, it is something I look forward to as a fan, but I haven't really thought about it a whole lot from the players perspective. At least the Lions usually play the 12:30 game, so they might still be able to spend time with their families later. The Pistons have played on Christmas day, I would say that is worse. So yeah, while it would be nice for them to have Thanksgiving off, it is nice for the fans to be able to watch them on Thanksgiving.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I don't at all think that it will be a cakewalk for the Bears, but they will have a much better chance at being successful this year. Nothing can change the fact that the Bears weren't good last year, and they need to make changes if they will win this year. The schedule just looks a little easier this year.

Who's your quarterback again?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, I know that. I am just saying if the Bears can get so many, the NFL could at least give the Lions one. Especially since they didn't get one last year, or the year before, I believe.

Bucco, it is something I look forward to as a fan, but I haven't really thought about it a whole lot from the players perspective. At least the Lions usually play the 12:30 game, so they might still be able to spend time with their families later. The Pistons have played on Christmas day, I would say that is worse. So yeah, while it would be nice for them to have Thanksgiving off, it is nice for the fans to be able to watch them on Thanksgiving.

For the players, I bet it is hard for them to play on Thanksgiving Day. It is a good thing the Lions play at home on Thanksgiving, they get to go home an hour later and have family with their families. As far being a Lions fan the Thanksgiving Day game is the only game I look forward to anymore since the Millen era has started. I wish we the fans can get a petition going to get rid of this waste. Hopefully this year will be a good year.

[Lovie Smith]Rex Grossman is our quarterback.[/Lovie Smith]

[Lovie Smith]Rex Grossman is our QUARTERBACK.[/Lovie Smith]

[Lovie Smith]Rex Grossman IS our quarterback.[/Lovie Smith]

[Lovie Smith]We're going to go into the pre-season with Rex Grossman as our quarterback.[/Lovie Smith]

[Lovie Smith]We're going to play this season with REX GROSSMAN AS OUR QUARTERBACK!!![/Lovie Smith]

I HATE this new third Thanksgiving game thing that the NFL is doing. As a stadium employee, it completely F's up your day off from your regular job to be with your family.

I don't like it, either. It's like they're force-feeding us this extra game as though we're going to somehow establish it as a new tradition(not to mention royally screwing team and stadium employees like yourself). If they're gonna do this, they could at least do it right and designate another team for a yearly Thanksgiving game. I nominate Green Bay, myself.

Better yet, make every non-Dallas/Detroit Thanksgiving game a rivalry game. It'd be kinda cool if we had a good matchup to watch, instead of last year's Indianapolis/Atlanta yawner. At least that way, the teams would hate each other.

Sigs are for sissies.

[Lovie Smith]We're going to go into the pre-season with Rex Grossman as our quarterback.[/Lovie Smith]

[Lovie Smith]We're going to play this season with REX GROSSMAN AS OUR QUARTERBACK!!![/Lovie Smith]

[2008 NFL Draft]With the 44th pick in the NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select Chad Henne, Quarterback, University of Michigan[/2008 NFL Draft]

[2008 NFL Draft]With the 44th pick in the NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select Chad Henne, Quarterback, University of Michigan[/2008 NFL Draft]

[Lovie Smith]WE ARE GOING TO GO INTO THE 2008 NFL SEASON WITH REX GROSSMAN AS OUR QUARTERBACK!!![/Lovie Smith]

Here's one no one has mentioned yet--and Russ, I don't know how you missed this one--but there will be another game played in London this year. This year's teams? The New Orleans Saints (who AGAIN get screwed out of a "real" home game for what, the second time in four years?), and--wait for it--the San Diego Chargers. Boy will that be a heck of a road swaing for the Bolts. They have a road game on the east coast the week before that tilt in Wembley...I know they gon be jetlagged like hell by the time they make it back to SD. Luckily for them, though, they have a bye week after that game to get over that and shake it out of their system.

[Lovie Smith]WE ARE GOING TO GO INTO THE 2008 NFL SEASON WITH REX GROSSMAN AS OUR QUARTERBACK!!![/Lovie Smith]

Here's one no one has mentioned yet--and Russ, I don't know how you missed this one--but there will be another game played in London this year. This year's teams? The New Orleans Saints (who AGAIN get screwed out of a "real" home game for what, the second time in four years?), and--wait for it--the San Diego Chargers. Boy will that be a heck of a road swaing for the Bolts. They have a road game on the east coast the week before that tilt in Wembley...I know they gon be jetlagged like hell by the time they make it back to SD. Luckily for them, though, they have a bye week after that game to get over that and shake it out of their system.

I am also quoting this outrageously large text box.

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived