The (Un)official 2008 NFL Off-season Thread

tBBP

If anyone cares, the Lions released their best cornerback in Fernando Bryant. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as the Lions' secondary seems to be quite an issue.

Matt Millen wants to clear the way for another WR

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Especially considering that this year's draft isn't looking too deep, IMO. (Well, maybe at RB, which might be a need if we let Dunn go.)
Anyone have news on the Chiefs? I don't live nor ever did in Kansas City (I'm an East Coast guy).

And yet you're a Chiefs fan? How'd that happen??? (Even though I have a friend who has never even been in the state of Missouri but he's a DIEHARD Chiefs fan.)

LONG Story.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

So, the Vikes get a 6th Rd pick for the guy they drafted with the Raiders 1st Rd pick they got for Randy Moss who then traded him to the Cheaters for a 4th Rd pick...sweet. I think that shows just how much both the Vikings and Raiders kind of suck at this personnel thing.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Vikes trade Troy Williamson to the Jags. WHEW.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_8360959?source=rss

...you mean...the Vikings actually got SOMETHING for

20080225_065158_jsr_vikings_OTA_1_400.jpg

No wonder the dude can't catch. He's looking at everything BUT the ball.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that pic in that link to the newspaper article...then I saw the caption underneath it saying something along the lines of "Williamson catches the ball"...um...yeah right. And this is the guy the Blaguars traded for...a team with a crop of WR's with their own ball-catching issues. Wonderful.

(By the way...off-kilter question: between Troy Williamson and Sidney Rice...is Minnesota now seeking a South Carolina pipeline of WR talent now???)

In other news...here's a water-cooler conversation starter if there ever was one: word through the rumor mill is that Jerry Jones secretly covets Darren McFadden. To add to that, it really isn't much of a secret that the 'Boys are (allegedly) looking at adding Randy Moss to their WR corps. Hmm...let's look at that...a backfield with Marion Barber III (who makes ME hurt just watching him run) AND Darren McFadden, along with a receiving corps featuring T.O. AND Randy Moss? Kinda scary, you know...BUT, stacking up all those playmakers didn't help the Patriots in the one game where it really mattered (by the way, do any of you bELIeve in hisTYREE???), so, IF this half-fantasy was to come to fruition, that'd be one big-time topic of discussion.

OH--and, in keeping with Bronco habit, Denver is looking at adding yet another D-lineman to their stable...this time, its big ol' Shaun Rogers.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ah yes...JJ is an Arkansas alum. Forgot all about that.

Still...it'd be interesting to see exactly what, or if, Jones and the 'Boys would do to position themselves high enough to pick up McFadden. I ain't sure of Dallas' draft order in the first round, but if they wanted McFadden that bad, I don't see why they wouldn't package that other #1 with either some more later picks or another player(s), or both, to get him.

BUT...I ain't Mel Kiper, Jr., so I ain't gon say nathin' else bout this here, except that it'd be rather interesting if this rumor ever became more than that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If anyone cares, the Lions released their best cornerback in Fernando Bryant. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as the Lions' secondary seems to be quite an issue.

Matt Millen wants to clear the way for another WR

That's the same reason Matt "31-81" Millen is looking at sending Shaun Rogers to Denver. I'm guessing he'll get absolutely ripped off on that deal too. <_<

FIRE MILLEN!

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

OH--and, in keeping with Bronco habit, Denver is looking at adding yet another D-lineman to their stable...this time, its big ol' Shaun Rogers.

Hah.... He could barely breathe before, how do they expect him to breathe that thin Denver air? Anyways, sounds like something Millen would do. He will trade away one of our better players, for basically nothing, and create another hole to fill. A rather big hole too, literally.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Hah.... He could barely breathe before, how do they expect him to breathe that thin Denver air? Anyways, sounds like something Millen would do. He will trade away one of our better players, for basically nothing, and create another hole to fill. A rather big hole too, literally.

Right now it looks like it would be Denver's 4th rounder straight up.

Right now it looks like it would be Denver's 4th rounder straight up.

As many stupid things as Millen has done, this would be one of the worst. Why not just give him to Denver? Detroit is lucky if they actually draft a good player in the first round. They never find talent in the late rounds, so they might as well give him away.

MegatronSig2.jpg

(By the way...off-kilter question: between Troy Williamson and Sidney Rice...is Minnesota now seeking a South Carolina pipeline of WR talent now???)

Sidney and Troy couldn't possibly be more different. The South Carolina thing is a coincidence. I was actually excited when they drafted Rice. I was never excited with Williamson...

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Adam Schefter is reporting that The Cowboys are considering a trade that would send Marion Barber III and undisclosed draft pick or picks to the Dolphins for #1 overall where they would almost certainly select Darren McFadden.

(KFFL)

And Kearse is set to be released by the Eagles, and may return to Tennessee.

Adam Schefter is reporting that The Cowboys are considering a trade that would send Marion Barber III and undisclosed draft pick or picks to the Dolphins for #1 overall where they would almost certainly select Darren McFadden.

(KFFL)

And Kearse is set to be released by the Eagles, and may return to Tennessee.

I would be a huge fan of this trade....since that would mean Chris Long would definitely be on the board for the Rams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, um, yeah, did anybody notice this???

No Salary Cap in 2011 (or for that matter, anymore after 2011???)

If this happens, I will absolutely hate this because this means that football will become what baseball is now: The big-market teams will pretty much use free agency as their shopping mall, and the small-market teams will have to make do with shopping at the dollar general. Lame.

So, um, yeah, did anybody notice this???

No Salary Cap in 2011 (or for that matter, anymore after 2011???)

If this happens, I will absolutely hate this because this means that football will become what baseball is now: The big-market teams will pretty much use free agency as their shopping mall, and the small-market teams will have to make do with shopping at the dollar general. Lame.

Let's just call this "Revenge of Good ol'Boys network."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Chiefs News: Yeah, it looks like they'll be releasing four veterans to open cap space (yessssss!!!!!!!!). Just hope they used the money wisely.

Article here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3267558

The Chiefs have told four players -- including cornerback Ty Law -- that they would be released, sources told The Kansas City Star on Wednesday.

Law was a starter last season. Linebacker Kendrell Bell and defensive tackle James Reed are former starters, and tight end Jason Dunn was a key reserve. Law, Reed and Dunn are over 30; Bell will turn 30 in July.

The moves come following the release of offensive tackle John Welbourn and wide receiver Eddie Kennison, who are both over 30 and had contracts for the 2008 season.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived