The (Un)official 2008 NFL Off-season Thread

tBBP

i hope to god that the boys don't trade Barber to get McFadden. I really would hate to get rid of a known commodity for a potential bust.

the Jevon Walker or Randy Moss is interesting. Romo shot out the lights with Owens and a whole host of scubs at WR. I shudder to think what he would do with Owens and Moss/Walker.

now to do something about the annual post thanksgiving-winter collapse. :mad:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hope to god that the boys don't trade Barber to get McFadden. I really would hate to get rid of a known commodity for a potential bust.

I'm pretty sure McFadden's the real thing. He is indeed the most talented player in the Draft, and one of the biggest reasons that Arkansas was actually decent the last couple of years. Trust me, he's better than Barber.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Super Bowl Champion LB Kawika Mitchell is a Buffalo Bill.

Story

Good job Bills. They will be good this year.

Jeez. The Saints gave up so little for Vilma.

Falcons-Where are you? You cut but don't sign. Good Job! <_<

Edit-Resign Redman? Is that the best you can do?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Super Bowl Champion LB Kawika Mitchell is a Buffalo Bill.

Story

Good job Bills. They will be good this year.

Jeez. The Saints gave up so little for Vilma.

Falcons-Where are you? You cut but don't sign. Good Job! <_<

Edit-Resign Redman? Is that the best you can do?

Eh, this sure doesn't make us look good. Resign Redman on the same day that the Saints get Vilma for peanuts.

But then again, the Redman signing was crucial, IMO. He's gonna be a good transitional QB. Definitely not a long term fix, but he's basically the only QB on that roster that I trust right now. Therefore, he must be resigned.

But word on the street is that the Falcons are looking into picking up the people in this link.:

Additionally, the Falcons had visits scheduled from at least four coveted free agents. San Diego running back Michael Turner, Tennessee tight end Ben Hartsock, Jets safety Erik Coleman and Texans linebacker Von Hutchins all were expected to visit the Falcons on Friday.

-- Adam Schefter

Dimitroff's gettin busy.

Shaun Rogers is being traded to the Bengals for a third and fifth round pick. The way the Lions draft, those picks will be wasted. It is so hard to stay a Lions fan :cursing: plus they wouldn't give up enough for Vilma, and lost out on him.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Placekicker Jeff Wilkins retires from the Rams after 14 Seasons

Story

I still blame Carmen Policy's arrogance all those years ago for letting him get away from the 49ers

I feel bad for him...I think he was one XP away from the career XP record.....and the Rams went for two on their last TD of the 2007 season.

Thanks for the memories Money.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

JJags also signed Lemon and the Colts are talking to Moss.

:blink: what? :P

That def. won't happen, though it would be nice.

Do the Colts even have the cap room for Moss?

I don't think we do, not unless we unload a bunch of other guys, or unless Moss decides to take the New England-style discount to come here. But then again, he'd have just as good a chance at a SB here as he would anywhere else.

espnsig.gif

Archived